MQ5 Alternate EPG view - updated
I made an alternate EPG view for Aeon Nox found here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174423

But I thought I would try out MQ5 skin which I actually quite like, so modified this one too Smile

Old picture.

If anyones interested I can upload the file once ive made a few more tweaks.

Oh, and a quick thanks to MarcosQui for an awesome skin!

EDIT*

Ive made a few changes so heres the new download and changelog

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8d291q0q8xl35...LiveTV.xml

Change log:

Fixed Logo covering title text
Adjusted all other screens to match timeline view. eg, now and next, schedule ect.
Moved and resized the scroll bar
Made the EPG grid slightly smaller to accommodate 9 channels instead of 8.
Various other small tweaks.

Don't forget to back up your old ViewsLiveTV.xml
Looks good, would love to try it out Smile
Updated first post with link to download.
I installed it and it looks good but is there a way to include the channel number along with the name?
(2013-11-16, 00:38)macrho Wrote: I installed it and it looks good but is there a way to include the channel number along with the name?

Yeah, i shall probably do that next. Please also note the now and next epg view still needs reworking for this aswell so ill be doing them too.
Is there any way to replace the channel names in the list on the LHS with channel logos instead or placing a mini icon next to the channel logo in the list? If anyone is interested I have a good set of logos in 225 x 75 for UK Freeview and the popular Sky channels.

This looks really good!!
Kodi 16.1 on main HTPC Win 7 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
3 x Pi2 running Kodi 16.1 (OSMC)
TVHeadend PVR server providing Freeview HD and Freesat HD
You mean like the Aeon nox epg idone (link shown at the top of the page)? I think it looks better without them and would prefer to try and keep it clean looking. Though i will put the channel numbers in. If i get the chance ill modify another one to include the extra logos for you, but wont promise anything.

Ill also be posted an updated xml file soon with the other screens modified to suit, ie the now and next, search, channels ect. Any other requests for me to think about? Ill listen to all requests but wont promise adding any.
(2013-11-18, 22:15)produno Wrote: You mean like the Aeon nox epg idone (link shown at the top of the page)? I think it looks better without them and would prefer to try and keep it clean looking. Though i will put the channel numbers in. If i get the chance ill modify another one to include the extra logos for you, but wont promise anything.

Ill also be posted an updated xml file soon with the other screens modified to suit, ie the now and next, search, channels ect. Any other requests for me to think about? Ill listen to all requests but wont promise adding any.

Yes, like that. I find it easier to find the channel based on just the logo (ie no text at all). I'll have a play with whatever you sort out.

Is there a preferred logo size for your customised xml?
Kodi 16.1 on main HTPC Win 7 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
3 x Pi2 running Kodi 16.1 (OSMC)
TVHeadend PVR server providing Freeview HD and Freesat HD
I use the ones i posted here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=177929&page=2
I think they work and look pretty good.
I think i'm going to give this a shot. Would be cool if you could select which EPG you wanted, maybe an idea for Marcos Wink

Edit:
Replaced it with existing file and noticed that, in my case, the channel logo overlaps with text EPG TIMELINE. It should be lowered a bit.
Yeah thats already fixed in the new version. I have a few more things to change then ill upload it.
Another feature request: When you hit stop to end watching of the current program, the EPG should land on the channel you just were on. Right now, it goes to the first channel in my list
If you assign a shortcut to your remote to take you back to your epg it will continue to play the current channel in the small video window and put you back on the channel selected in the epg grid, so i would advise doing this other than pressing stop everytime.

In gotham this works even better because it will play in the small window first upon selecting a channel allowing you to preview whatever is playing. You can then continue through your epg if wanted. To view the channel in full screen either press back or select again on the currently playing channel.
Any update on this mod?
What do you use for Live TV for UK? Something like just to watch Freeview channels. Is it possible to connect your Sky box through PVR?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MQ5 Alternate EPG view - updated0