GBox Sigma
Matricom released.. GBOX Sigma.. (for a moment i thought Sigma chipset (popcorn hour) with XBMC.....!!!).... but that was not the case Cool

Specs
* AMD E-350 Dual Core 1.6GHz Accelerated Processor
* Radeon HD 6310 1080p Accelerated 3D Graphics
* 2GB RAM (DDR3 SO-DIMM)
* 32GB SSD High Speed eMMC Hard Drive
* 6x USB 2.0 ports (2 front/4 back), HDMI, VGA, Mic, Line Out
* 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet (WiFi Capable via USB Dongle)
* Xubuntu version 13.04 Loaded
* XBMC Gotham 13 loaded w/Full 1080p Hardware Acceleration
* Windows & Linux OS Compatible
* 2x SATA, 1x eMMC, 1x Mini PCIe slot, 1x SO-DIMM PC3L DDR3
* Full cold boot to Xubuntu in under 30 seconds

No Usb3... no remote?

$197 from amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G2C3386

I really dont like the looks of it... - its too bulky.... Confused
Obviously, they don't intend to provide any support for XBMC on that box; otherwise, why would they install alpha code on it except to lay claim that it has the "latest" version of XBMC.
AMD E-350.. pass.

One can peice together a small PC/nettop/whatever for $200 with better specs.

EDIT: err, mixed that up in my head. I guess it's not bad, but still not lot of reason to buy this over something like a Celeron NUC or similar miniPC.
This is a very similar spec to the box I built shortly after the e350 came out. Perfectly capable - but this case looks pretty crappy, and there is better around now for that price.
i'd forget about it
What is better for that price? I'm not talking about DIY builds.
(2013-11-26, 22:56)rldev Wrote: What is better for that price? I'm not talking about DIY builds.

The Celeron NUC + RAM, power cord (supply), USB drive with OpenELEC. If you think installing ram is too "DIY", then so is plugging in a power cord.

There are tons of additional miniPCs of similar nature to the NUC as well, like the ones from Foxconn, that just need RAM and USB drive.

EDIT: or this very awesome deal: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6883103785
I assume you are talking about this NUC? http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Next-Computi...=intel+nuc
I would never buy from Matricom, they're just a reseller of OEM products from Chinese OEM manufacturers with dubious quality control.

My favourite low cost platform:
(Amazon prices)

* Zotac INTEL 1007U - 127$
* Crucial 2GB Single DDR3 1333 SODIMM - 23$ x 2 = 46$
* WD Blue 320 GB - 39$ (Windows based) / Patriot 32GB Tab USB 3.0 - 25$ (OpenELEC based)
* MCE Remote - 20$
Sum: 232$ / 218$

For better performance I would go with a Haswell i3 Nuc like D34010WYK - 300$.
Please keep in mind I just want to use this to stream 1080p to my TV. So I will only be using the device as an xbmc client. I have a server that runs xbmc with windows media center pvr.
However, I do want a fluid experience like I get most of the time using xbox 360 with wmc.
it says u can install windows but if u do the ethernet controller wont work because windows doesnt have a good driver
It scares me that they installed xubuntu, must mean they have no confidence in the strength of the video card. But, if it can output 1080p, it should perform fine with xbmc. Seems like a decent buy for anyone who hates the raspberry pi.
This is a horrible buy. NUC now beats the crap out of the price and gives you better features.
I feel Cheated.. I bought this a while ago and still cant get it to work.. XBMC that is...
FWIW, this is the case being used: http://www.minicase.net/product_E-3016.html and the same company (my friends Realan) also offer an E-350 motherboard. My guess is that's where they got it from. In that case at least the hardware is decent quality. E-350 as we all know is very outdated. The case is too actually. They have some newer versions that are much nicer.

(2014-06-12, 01:29)janey6152 Wrote: I feel Cheated.. I bought this a while ago and still cant get it to work.. XBMC that is...

You should be able to just install OpenELEC on it. It's standard x86 hardware, nothing special.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GBox Sigma0