ServerWMC - Exclusive Audio??
Hi Guys,

I gave up on Windows Media Center because it conflicts with XBMC 12.2.

Does the new ServerWMC have this problem, or can I use ServerWMC for recording, without conflict in XBMC?

Thanks so much,

Owen
(2013-11-15, 16:19)newoski Wrote: Hi Guys,

I gave up on Windows Media Center because it conflicts with XBMC 12.2.

Does the new ServerWMC have this problem, or can I use ServerWMC for recording, without conflict in XBMC?

Thanks so much,

Owen

Hi. Serverwmc does no recording, it just makes requests of the windows recording service that runs in the background, which this is the same way wmc makes recordings. So serverwmc does not require wmc to be running, just installed and configured so that the service is up. So if for some reason you where having conflicts between wmc and xbmc it shouldn't be an issue. I'm surprised you had conflicts though, my wife often forgets to shutdown wmc and and I find it running behind xbmc. I think the problem is you need to turn off 'exclusivity' in the audio settings (see your heading).
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Hi Krusty,

Thanks for the reply.

When I disable Exclusivity, then I get no sound in XBMC when playing back via HDMI WASAPI or DirectSound.

I have a 5.1 Surround setup with a Denon receiver.

I'll test everything tomorrow and report back.
(2013-11-15, 17:49)newoski Wrote: Hi Krusty,

Thanks for the reply.

When I disable Exclusivity, then I get no sound in XBMC when playing back via HDMI WASAPI or DirectSound.

I have a 5.1 Surround setup with a Denon receiver.

I'll test everything tomorrow and report back.

That's weird, I also playback 5.1 over hdmi (how could I use anything but hdmi?). I will check too.
If you could share a screengrab of your System -> Audio Settings I'd really appreciate it.

12.2 Frodo, ya?
(2013-11-15, 18:00)newoski Wrote: If you could share a screengrab of your System -> Audio Settings I'd really appreciate it.

12.2 Frodo, ya?

Yeah Frodo 12.2. I was going to turn on wmc, but as usual my wife left it on. I did confirm audio works fine in xbmc with wmc running.

Weird, I received the following error message in WMC the other day:

"Video Error Files needed to display video are not installed or are not working correctly. Restart Windows Media Center or restart the computer.”

Only fix I found was to disable all Exlusive audio boxes in Windows.

I'll test tonight. I've also read updating to Gotham fixes the issue, with a few tweaks.
(2013-11-15, 18:17)newoski Wrote: Weird, I received the following error message in WMC the other day:

"Video Error Files needed to display video are not installed or are not working correctly. Restart Windows Media Center or restart the computer.”

Only fix I found was to disable all Exlusive audio boxes in Windows.

I'll test tonight. I've also read updating to Gotham fixes the issue, with a few tweaks.

Are your plugins Gotham compatible?

Um.. They were. TheImmortal found out yesterday that the newest nightlies for gotham have broken them, we need to update the addon with the newest pvr gotham interface. Since I have some other stuff to change we aren't going to update for about a week (its a pain updating the clients, since we aren't a kosher addon I have to rely on others to do all the client builds for other systems). The newest gotham monthly works though.

I don't get it, you are describing a wmc problem not an xbmc one. If you want me to show you any other settings let me know.
The only reason I care about this, is because your plugin leverages some components of WMC, yes?

I assumed the conflict would carry over -- IE, recordings wouldn't have audio...

I'll test and report back. I really appreciate your help thus far.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ServerWMC - Exclusive Audio??0