How are the default cases displayed?
I'm talking about the DVD/Blu-ray/TV etc cases that appear around the egde of your poster.jpg's.... How exactly do they work - I was looking for a folder that contained all of them, but couldn't find anything.

I'd like to play around with changing colours and that sort of thing, how do I go about finding and editing them? And potentially replacing them with others - using a different .jpg/png? Thanks in advance.
(2013-11-15, 19:12)gooner_47 Wrote: I'm talking about the DVD/Blu-ray/TV etc cases that appear around the egde of your poster.jpg's.... How exactly do they work - I was looking for a folder that contained all of them, but couldn't find anything.

I'd like to play around with changing colours and that sort of thing, how do I go about finding and editing them? And potentially replacing them with others - using a different .jpg/png? Thanks in advance.

all artwork used in the skin is compiled into the Textures.xbt file (in skin.transparency/media)
you can checkout Transparency! from the svn repository to get the individual images: https://code.google.com/p/transparency-xbmc/
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I see. So how would one go about say editing one of the individual images, then re-compiling Textures.xbt so it uses that new file?
1) get Transparency! from the svn repo
2) modify any images you want inside the media directory
3) use the instruction in the wiki to compile a new textures file:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TexturePacker
4) put your textures file in the media dir of the current version of the skin you're using.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks a lot. And let me say I absolutely love this skin.
It worked!

Before:

After:

The new Textures.xbt is only 30,000KB though, compared to the original 70,000KB... is something wrong there or could it just be a newer TexturePacker compressing things better?
Balls. Thought something might have been amiss. I've lost the radio buttons in settings:

Oops.
Damn, thought I'd figured it out then, but no....

The tool I used to check-out Transparency! initially threw errors, it looks like it didn't get all the files. The size of the media folder from that tool is only 43.5MB - 1824 files.

Trying again using TortoiseSVN, I get the full media folder of 7388 files.

Re-compiled again and got a more sensible filesize of 70,818KB. But even with that Textures.xbt file in place, I have no radio buttons. I tried deleting Textures13.db (and then tried deleting all the databases) thinking it may have cached the old (lack of) radio button images, but still no luck.
rename radiobutton-off.png to radiobutton-nofocus.png
rename radiobutton-on.png to radiobutton-focus.png
and recompile the textures file.

names of these images have recently changed (in gotham), but since you're using frodo you still need the old ones.
That got it, thanks a lot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How are the default cases displayed?0