Solved Quick question: Is there a way to combine WindowXML with standard controls?
Basically I want to do a custom layout, with my own placement of lists, buttons etc.
But I still want it to look like a classic XBMC addon, primarily because I don't feel like creating my own graphics.

Is there a way to use standard controls in WindowXML or to simply just use standard graphics for controls ?
I want to use standard textures, so that it would follow the selected theme.
(2013-11-15, 20:37)mikaelec Wrote: Is there a way to use standard controls in WindowXML or to simply just use standard graphics for controls ?

There is no such thing as "standard controls". There are Python-based controls and XML-based controls. Yes, some Python-based controls can use respective skin textures, but some of them don't, so you shouldn't rely on this behavior. You should always set textures for your controls explicitly. If you want to support different skins, you should use respective texture images from those skins for your addon to have consistent look with a selected skin.
If different skin support is not that important for you, you could try my PyXBMCt framework which offers you a set of ready-to use controls to make your own UI. The framework includes all necessary texture images from XBMC's standard Confluence skin.
Thank you, I will try looking into PyXBMCt.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quick question: Is there a way to combine WindowXML with standard controls?0