Ubuntu - Frodo - Can't find true fullscreen option
Hey guys

I have 2 Ubuntu 12.04 stations with XBMC 12.2 for Precise and I can't seem to find some advanced settings. I know in 13 I can go the sidebar and switch to expert mode, but I don't find it in Frodo, neither the classifcation of user mode (advanced, expert, ...) I also reinstalled, tried resetting to defaults, and removing advancedsettings.xml and guisettings.xml ...

It might be obvious but I searched Google into oblivion, and this setting saved me in the past for my setup problems (stuttering).

Am I getting mad, or doing something wrong ?

Cheers
true fullscreen is for Windows only. this might explain why you don't find it on Linux Smile
Are you referring to the option "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen"? If so, this is only applicable to the Windows OS.

Or are you referring to the option to always start XBMC in fullscreen mode? If so, then add the following entry to your advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file:
Code:
<fullscreen>true</fullscreen>
That explains Smile

I'm thinking of trying the XBMC on Windows. Maybe it improves or solves my issues. Thanks
Hard to say without knowing what issues you're experiencing. But that's for another thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu - Frodo - Can't find true fullscreen option0