[MOD] MQ5 Weather on main menu
Hello, I really like the way MQ5 adds the weather icon on the main menu, so this mod changes that to add it like MQ5 does, All credit for this mod goes to MarcosQui of MQ5, I just ported it to Nox.

This mod is for the GIT version only.

Screenshot:

Download

Note: if you have a modified Includes_WidgetLayout.xml and dont want to overwrite it, open the Includes_WidgetLayout.xml file and find:

Code:
<control type="image">
                    <posx>-10</posx>
                    <posy>-8</posy>
                    <width>55</width>
                    <height>55</height>
                    <colordiffuse>white2</colordiffuse>
                    <texture>weather/small/$INFO[Weather.FanartCode].png</texture>
                </control>

And replace it with:
Code:
<!-- MQ5 Weather Mod: Removed -->
<!--
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>-10</posx>
                    <posy>-8</posy>
                    <width>55</width>
                    <height>55</height>
                    <colordiffuse>white2</colordiffuse>
                </control>
-->
<!-- BEGIN MQ5 Weather Mod -->
        <control type="image">
                <posx>-10</posx>
                <posy>-26</posy>
            <width>87</width>
            <height>87</height>
            <aspectratio align="left" aligny="top">keep</aspectratio>
        </control>
<!-- END MQ5 Weather Mod -->

Note even with edit, you need the download.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
Thank you for this ShadowTek.... I love the idea of it.

I tried your edit, but my weather looks practically the same... Don't we need different weather icons for this? The only difference in the code is a slightly larger icon and no <colordiffuse>.

Thanks again,

Hernando
Hi, Yes you still need the download, the icons are in it, or you can copy the icons to media/weather/small directory
Logo's Made So Far:
I can't believe I missed the download... works great! Thank you for this!
Maybe I'm missing something. I can't get the mod to work. Took the Includes_WidgetLayout.xml file and installed it into addons/Aeon-Nox-Master/1080i. Replaced folder addons/Aeon-Nox-Master/Media/small with the one from the download. I'm not getting any weather icon.

Did I miss something?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
What version of nox are you using? This is for the GIT version only as mentioned in first post.
Logo's Made So Far:
(2013-11-17, 23:20)ShadowTek Wrote: What version of nox are you using? This is for the GIT version only as mentioned in first post.

Isn't that the git. I admit sometimes I get them mixed up.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Yeah thats the right one, try manually editing the Includes_WidgetLayout.xml file and see if that helps
Logo's Made So Far:
I've tried it both ways. Originally I pasted the code you provided in post 1. When that didn't work I replaced the file with the one from the download. Same results. I can post a debug log if you think it will help. I looked at it and didn't spot anything obvious, but since I don't really know what I'm looking for I could easily have missed something.
What has me wondering and why I asked about your version is, in your screenshot, you have the word "overcast" on the menu instead of a image, in the GIT version, there should be a Image there rather then a word, all I did was change the images that were already there and adjust the size of the images?
Logo's Made So Far:
I'm using 4.1.9 with the color movie and studio icons http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157923
Maybe that's where the change comes from. Not sure. I was using the repo version and updated to the git and the mod all at the same time. Be glad to upload whatever files necessary if you want to take a look.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] MQ5 Weather on main menu0