Solved Clean Movie Name before search
Hello,

There is an option in TMM to "clean" movie name before scrap?
Maybe a regex expression or something like that?

For 90% of my movie, I have to manually remove "bad part" of the movie name to find the good movie, for example "My Movie TRUEFRENCH SUBFORCED" > "My Movie".

Thanks,
Cmoi
we are already doing some cleanup at importing the movies. Maybe our regular expressions are not enough for your requirements.
I will have a talk to myron how we could handle this.
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
we could imagine to implement a changeable list with "bad words" which will be excluded from the directory/filename at movie-name detection.
Would that be a solution?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
(2013-11-18, 11:19)mlaggner Wrote: we could imagine to implement a changeable list with "bad words" which will be excluded from the directory/filename at movie-name detection.
Would that be a solution?

Hello,
Yes it's probably the better solution, everyone can personalize this list.
I agree Big Grin
Thank you soo much
Any news?
we are working hard on version version 2.5 which we can (hopefully) release the next week. Your suggestion is already planned in for 2.5 and if there are no more big problems (which eat up our limited time), we will put it in Wink

Merry Christmas
added it with r1217

you now have a list where you can maintain so called "bad words" - words which will be cut out of the detected movie name (case sensitive!)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean Movie Name before search0