• 18(current)
[BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC
(2014-02-26, 23:21)Ballistic Wrote: Edit:
Added new content to force a "Download JSON Data". Just read it's also possible when doing a watch/unwatched.
Again very little server load.
XBMC Log: http://pastebin.com/99NBZZ41

It would be very helpful if you could turn on the MB3 server debug log and post that.

I assume that in the log above you just turned on debug logging for our benefit - it GREATLY slows things down.

xnappo
(2014-02-25, 18:02)xnappo Wrote:
(2014-02-25, 16:59)crimsonfury Wrote: I read that Aeon-Nox-Gotham works best with xbmc Gotham... They said it shows more artwork too... Can we get the skin files updated to work with it?

Well what we really want is for the skin devs to add support for our AddOn to their skin.

Us hacking at their skin is just going to continue to lead to problems as they make changes.

I'll make you a deal:

You post over on the Aeon Nox thread and ask nicely to add support for our AddOn - telling them all the great things MB3 can do. We will help them with any questions they have.

If you can do that, then I will do another hack with that version short-term.

xnappo

Done! Thanks for all your support with skins and for making this work xnappo!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1638603
BTW--
After reading a bit, I realized that I had turned on debug and profiling for some earlier testing.
I have now turned off these options and the movies load MUCH faster!

One thing, I had disabled 'Include Overview' for testing and now have turned it on again.
But, the overviews are not showing up anymore.

How can I get overview text back again?
I am using Aeon 4.0.9 and Info Wall screen.
(2014-02-15, 15:09)xnappo Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 06:19)smitopher Wrote: Either /BDMV/index.bdmv or /BDMV/MoveObject.bdmv work when browsing a bd rip

Does that mean both always work, or sometimes it is one and other times the other?

xnappo
I just tried 0.85 downloaded as a zip from GIT. My blu ray rips continue to not play. Have you made any changes to accommodate a blu yay folder?
I'm confused, whats the difference between this and just using Upnp?
(2014-02-28, 04:10)smitopher Wrote:
(2014-02-15, 15:09)xnappo Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 06:19)smitopher Wrote: Either /BDMV/index.bdmv or /BDMV/MoveObject.bdmv work when browsing a bd rip

Does that mean both always work, or sometimes it is one and other times the other?

xnappo
I just tried 0.85 downloaded as a zip from GIT. My blu ray rips continue to not play. Have you made any changes to accommodate a blu yay folder?

Sorry - we managed to miss this. I will get it in this weekend.

xnappo
(2014-02-27, 18:33)JDizzy Wrote: One thing, I had disabled 'Include Overview' for testing and now have turned it on again.
But, the overviews are not showing up anymore.

How can I get overview text back again?
I am using Aeon 4.0.9 and Info Wall screen.

Strangest thing is that within my boxsets the movie overviews still show while using Info Wall.
But when browsing movies normally using Info Wall they do not show up anymore...
Damn!
Try deleting all your cache files. These are all the files in the addon_data folder except 'settings.xml'.

Doing a manual refresh via the context menu *should* also kill the cache file.

xnappo
Oh - and if you added things to Favorites, or as Video nodes while you were configured to not have the overview, you will need to delete and re-add them.

xnappo
(2014-02-28, 23:19)xnappo Wrote: Try deleting all your cache files. These are all the files in the addon_data folder except 'settings.xml'.

Doing a manual refresh via the context menu *should* also kill the cache file.

xnappo
Did that once, and now again.... did not seem to fix it.
I noticed that if I accessed movies via the Launch button in XBMB3C addon that the overview information was there.
I then went and tried via Main Menu > Movies and detailed description was not there again.

I thought... weird... so I went back to Settings and redefined my Movies button Video Node>Video Addon>XBMB3C>All Movies and now it is working again...
Can't explain other than now it works.
(2014-03-01, 00:00)JDizzy Wrote: [quote='xnappo' pid='1640163' dateline='1393622341']

I thought... weird... so I went back to Settings and redefined my Movies button Video Node>Video Addon>XBMB3C>All Movies and now it is working again...
Can't explain other than now it works.

Yeah - that makes total sense.

When you add the video node, think of it as adding a bookmark.

The bookmark with the overview looks like this:

server://collectionName&Overview&People&Runtime&etcetc

The bookmark without the overview looks like this:
server://collectionName&People&Runtime&etcetc

xnappo
(2014-02-27, 02:14)crimsonfury Wrote:
(2014-02-25, 18:02)xnappo Wrote:
(2014-02-25, 16:59)crimsonfury Wrote: I read that Aeon-Nox-Gotham works best with xbmc Gotham... They said it shows more artwork too... Can we get the skin files updated to work with it?

Well what we really want is for the skin devs to add support for our AddOn to their skin.

Us hacking at their skin is just going to continue to lead to problems as they make changes.

I'll make you a deal:

You post over on the Aeon Nox thread and ask nicely to add support for our AddOn - telling them all the great things MB3 can do. We will help them with any questions they have.

If you can do that, then I will do another hack with that version short-term.

xnappo

Done! Thanks for all your support with skins and for making this work xnappo!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1638603

Hi xnappo,

Just curious if you were still planning on making the hack for 4.1.9 Gotham AeonNox?
(2014-03-01, 03:23)crimsonfury Wrote: Hi xnappo,

Just curious if you were still planning on making the hack for 4.1.9 Gotham AeonNox?

Of course! You made a valiant attempt - though sadly not going anywhere.

I'll have it done this weekend.

xnappo

P.S. We seriously need more people helping with skin stuff - honestly I promise if you mess with it a bit it is easy.
(2014-03-01, 04:57)xnappo Wrote: P.S. We seriously need more people helping with skin stuff - honestly I promise if you mess with it a bit it is easy.

I also asked for support with the new Aeon 5 skin but Big Noid said he wasn't too interested.

Truthfully, as long as there is the menu option for Video Node available, it is quite easy to adapt to a skin. If not that, then you can use the Favorites to define your buttons.

I do understand though that the widgets and things like that need some tweaking to work.
I just loaded up and configured the Aeon MQ5 skin and it works well with XBMB3C.

I would imagine for skins you would have to define some strings or variables so XBMC would know where to get the information from...

Are you eventually going to add a Search option? Although, I'm not sure if it is fully implemented in MB3 yet.
(2014-03-01, 08:45)JDizzy Wrote: I would imagine for skins you would have to define some strings or variables so XBMC would know where to get the information from...

Yes - that is exactly what it is. All you need to do is find where MQ5 grabs the 'LatestMovies' etc. from for the widgets and replace it with the variable from our addon.

(2014-03-01, 08:45)JDizzy Wrote: Are you eventually going to add a Search option? Although, I'm not sure if it is fully implemented in MB3 yet.

I'll add it to the list.

xnappo
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC5