• 21(current)
[BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC
Hi Mate,

Wow, spent some hours on this now :-)

My Config Is A Fresh Install Of Gotham, 1080++ in XBMB3C Mode

It's all coming together but I just have a couple of questions

1, I have noticed that the skin keeps getting "lost" When scrolling left to right the menu being displayed is 1 step out... in the menu at the top might say "TV Shows" but you will be on "Movies", and then when on "Live TV" you will be on "TV Shows" etc...

2, Is there a way to search Movies/TV Shows? my results all come up blank, I presume the search feature is searching the XBMC Library, not the Mediabrowser3 Library?

3, Is there a way to add more tiles and another section for Videos? I have a large collection of Stand Up Comedy, Documentaries, Short Films, Home Videos etc and I am looking for the neatest way of displaying those...

Many Thanks For This, I am so nearly setup then will copy my config on my Parents machine then searching for the Donate Button as This is exactly what I needed! :-D
Deleted.
Have I made a huge mis-assumption! I have been setting up my parents machine (100 miles away remotely) to connect to my mediabrowser server through XBMB3C but every file fails to play (even though they can see all of my libraries with no problems)... I have since re-read the description of this add-on and it does say "play local video files" have I got this right? if so then it is back to square one! :-(
Ok, just installed media Browser Theater on my parents machine and that works remotely just fine (except is is just transferring the stream and there is no transcoding going on?) so I guess this is possible?
(2014-03-09, 04:36)mbc0 Wrote: Lol, fair enough but I have to ask, I thought 1080++ was a custom skin? My Setup is a fresh install with Gotham/1080++/XBMB3C and thats it!

Indeed - you might ask im85288 over on the xperience1080++ thread. It can't be fixed from the addon side is all I am saying.

xnappo

(2014-03-09, 11:46)mbc0 Wrote: 1, I have noticed that the skin keeps getting "lost" When scrolling left to right the menu being displayed is 1 step out... in the menu at the top might say "TV Shows" but you will be on "Movies", and then when on "Live TV" you will be on "TV Shows" etc...

I have no idea on this one. Again may be a skin issue. I can't see how the AddOn would cause that.

(2014-03-09, 11:46)mbc0 Wrote: 2, Is there a way to search Movies/TV Shows? my results all come up blank, I presume the search feature is searching the XBMC Library, not the Mediabrowser3 Library?
It is on our issues list - so maybe next release:
https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBro...state=open

(2014-03-09, 11:46)mbc0 Wrote: 3, Is there a way to add more tiles and another section for Videos? I have a large collection of Stand Up Comedy, Documentaries, Short Films, Home Videos etc and I am looking for the neatest way of displaying those...
Not easily right now. I added something to our issues list that will help here. If you want to know how to hack it via editing 'favorites.xml' let me know and I will explain.

(2014-03-09, 16:21)mbc0 Wrote: Have I made a huge mis-assumption! I have been setting up my parents machine (100 miles away remotely) to connect to my mediabrowser server through XBMB3C but every file fails to play (even though they can see all of my libraries with no problems)... I have since re-read the description of this add-on and it does say "play local video files" have I got this right? if so then it is back to square one! :-(

It uses Samba by default - which is very unlikely to work over the internet. Turn on Settings->Network->Play via Stream instead of Samba on their client. Unless you both have really high speed internet you will likely need to turn on 'Transcoding' too.

xnappo
I've got a few questions:

1. Does this add-on actually cache the images and metadata on movies or does it grab the info each time i enter the movie section? Reason I ask is that if I make a change on MB3 server, then check it out on this add-on, will it show the change I made without having to refresh anything stored locally?

2. What is the skin integration like for Aeon Mq5, and are there any tweaks to that skin required to get a fully seamless integration with this add-on? For example, currently when i'm watching a movie, and I hit pause, the movie description is not shown on the overlay window in the mq5 skin. I assume this is a skin specific problem so i was wondering what support for other skins is like.
(2014-03-09, 20:09)PhAzE Wrote: I've got a few questions:

1. Does this add-on actually cache the images and metadata on movies or does it grab the info each time i enter the movie section? Reason I ask is that if I make a change on MB3 server, then check it out on this add-on, will it show the change I made without having to refresh anything stored locally?
Images use the XBMC cache - so depends on how smart that is. Play with it and let us know. Metadata will be re-fetched any time the number of items or watched status changes. If you want to force a refresh, there is an option in the context menu.

Quote:2. What is the skin integration like for Aeon Mq5, and are there any tweaks to that skin required to get a fully seamless integration with this add-on? For example, currently when i'm watching a movie, and I hit pause, the movie description is not shown on the overlay window in the mq5 skin. I assume this is a skin specific problem so i was wondering what support for other skins is like.
The meta-data while playing stuff is underway over at the Git and will be in the next release. MQ5 is obviously nice for building custom menus. No one has done mods to get widgets going in MQ5. If you want to try your hand at that I will explain what to do.

xnappo
Xnappo - Thanks for the quick reply. That's great about the meta-data while playing part coming in the next release. I can give the widgets a try however my time to work on these things is super limited (new baby) so it might take me just a bit to complete it. Can you explain what needs to be done?
What do you need to install to make XBMX3C work? Is it first Media Browser Server, then XBMC, and after this XBMB3C?
(2014-03-09, 21:07)PhAzE Wrote: Xnappo - Thanks for the quick reply. That's great about the meta-data while playing part coming in the next release. I can give the widgets a try however my time to work on these things is super limited (new baby) so it might take me just a bit to complete it. Can you explain what needs to be done?

Definitely understand. It probably isn't more than an hour or so of work.

I think the two most important widgets are 'Recommended Episodes' (NextUp in MB3 speak) and 'Recently Added Movies'. So let's start there.

First you need to understand how the widgets work. Basically a Window property is set for each type of item.

For instance, 'LatestMovie' #1 is set by the XBMC database with this label:
Window(0).Property(RecentMovie.1.Title)

We have similar window properties that we set in our XBMB3C AddOn. Our equivalent is:
Window(0).Property(LatestMovieMB3.1.Title)

Every skin is different, for MQ5 it appears the file we need to edit most is:
IncludesMenuWidgets.xml

Basically the first thing to do is search/replace RecentMovie with LatestMovieMB3.

Then you also need to make sure that the names we set match up with the skin.

Here are all the properties we set for Latest Movies:
Code:
WINDOW.setProperty("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".Title", title)
            WINDOW.setProperty("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".Thumb", thumbnail)
            WINDOW.setProperty("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".Path", playUrl)
            WINDOW.setProperty("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".Art(fanart)", fanart)
            WINDOW.setProperty("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".Art(clearlogo)", logo)
            WINDOW.setProperty("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".Art(poster)", thumbnail)
            WINDOW.setProperty("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".Rating", str(rating))
            WINDOW.setProperty("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".CriticRating", str(criticrating))
            WINDOW.setProperty("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".CriticRatingSummary", criticratingsummary)
            WINDOW.setProperty("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".Plot", plot)
            WINDOW.setProperty("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".Year", str(year))
            WINDOW.setProperty("LatestMovieMB3." + str(item_count) + ".Runtime", str(runtime))

The names there might be slightly different - I didn't look closely.

The other bit you need to be careful with is the skin hiding options/data if the library is empty.

IncludesTopMenu.xml and Home.xml contain some checks for like 'Library.HasContent(Movies)'. In general you want to delete all of those.

That is probably enough to get you started.

Good luck!
xnappo

(2014-03-09, 22:15)ijskonijn Wrote: What do you need to install to make XBMX3C work? Is it first Media Browser Server, then XBMC, and after this XBMB3C?

Yep.

xnappo
Hi xnappo,

Thanks for the detailed reply....

Thanks for the update on the search function, that will be most welcomed!

I would love to know how to hack the favourites.xml if you have time to explain...thank you

As for getting my Parents machine to stream from my server, mediabrowser theater works fine (I have 160MB Fibre) but I would love to be able to do it using the addon, rather than them exiting XBMC to load MB Theater (the less buttons they press the better) Unfortunately it doesn't work on addon when set to stream so I presume there is something else wrong? I tried with & without transcoding but XBMC says "an item failed to play"

Thanks for all your time!
(2014-03-09, 23:29)mbc0 Wrote: Hi xnappo,

Thanks for the detailed reply....

Thanks for the update on the search function, that will be most welcomed!

I would love to know how to hack the favourites.xml if you have time to explain...thank you

As for getting my Parents machine to stream from my server, mediabrowser theater works fine (I have 160MB Fibre) but I would love to be able to do it using the addon, rather than them exiting XBMC to load MB Theater (the less buttons they press the better) Unfortunately it doesn't work on addon when set to stream so I presume there is something else wrong? I tried with & without transcoding but XBMC says "an item failed to play"

Thanks for all your time!

Ok, as to hacking the favorites.xml - add your Movies node to favorites. Then open favorites.xml and you should see something like this:

Code:
<favourite name="Movies">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.xbmb3c/?mode=0&amp;url=http%3a%2f%2f192.168.1.6%3a8096%2fmediabrowser%2fUsers%2f81452d964095cf6c18af19ac559f08c5%2fitems%3fParentId%3d9a4eda0fced3feacee8e4ce78148d909%26IsVirtualUnaired%3dfalse%26IsMissing%3dFalse%26Fields%3dPath%2cGenres%2cStudios%2cCumulativeRunTimeTicks%2cMediaStreams%2cPeople%2cOverview%26SortOrder%3dAscending%26SortBy%3dSortName%2cSortName%26Genres%3d%26format%3djson&quot;,return)</favourite>

Now, edit the name, and after the Genres%3d, put the Genre you want. For example for horror:
Code:
<favourite name="Horror">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.xbmb3c/?mode=0&amp;url=http%3a%2f%2f192.168.1.6%3a8096%2fmediabrowser%2fUsers%2f81452d964095cf6c18af19ac559f08c5%2fitems%3fParentId%3d9a4eda0fced3feacee8e4ce78148d909%26IsVirtualUnaired%3dfalse%26IsMissing%3dFalse%26Fields%3dPath%2cGenres%2cStudios%2cCumulativeRunTimeTicks%2cMediaStreams%2cPeople%2cOverview%26SortOrder%3dAscending%26SortBy%3dSortName%2cSortName%26Genres%3dHorror%26format%3djson&quot;,return)</favourite>

Repeat for as many as you would like.

As to your internet play issue - I guess please post a log. Of course you should be able to debug locally by using your internet IP instead of your home network IP in the settings.

xnappo
(2014-03-09, 22:33)xnappo Wrote:
(2014-03-09, 22:15)ijskonijn Wrote: What do you need to install to make XBMX3C work? Is it first Media Browser Server, then XBMC, and after this XBMB3C?

Yep.

xnappo
How do you combine Media Browser and XBMC together?
When you install these two you have still two separate media centers?
(2014-03-10, 19:08)ijskonijn Wrote:
(2014-03-09, 22:33)xnappo Wrote:

Yep.

xnappo
How do you combine Media Browser and XBMC together?
When you install these two you have still two separate media centers?

I don't know what you mean.

MB3 is the server, XBMC is the client. The server and client can be on the same machine or different machines. I suggest you just install both and try it.

xnappo
Hi,

I have spent a couple of days setting everything up, moving my libraries across to Mediabrowser & 5 XBMC Clients and am getting there slowly! :-)

I thought I would "treat" myself with the fruits of my labour and actually watch something! lol

I watched an episode of Modern Family with my dinner and noticed that after watching the watched status never changed? Any ideas (seeing as the move to mediabrowser was so I could have more continuity with watching at home and out & about)

Cheers
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC5