• 2(current)
[BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC
0.4.0 released.

Changes:
- Display correct list type for category
- Implemented context menus for delete/mark watched/mark unwatched.
- Added episode numbers
- Added cast info

Skins mods are *required* to get these features.

You MUST be using Aeon Nox as your skin, and you need to replace the files in:
skin.aeon.nox\1080i
with those in:
plugin.video.xbmb3c\skin_diffs\skin.aeon.nox\1080i
Make a backup of the originals!

watch gallery
Amazing works!

Is it possible to download subtiles during playbak?
The subtitle is then added to the MB3 library?

thanks
I'll be all over this and MB3 for library sharing once clear-art, logos and discart is supported. In our house full of adults we already use XBMC on 5x dedicated media players, 3 desktops and 3 laptops. To have xbmc on our unjailbroken i devices as well as the android ones all looking the same and to have them all synced will be great.

AeonNox 4.* is my fav skin anyway
(2013-11-29, 15:04)mika91 Wrote: Amazing works!

Is it possible to download subtiles during playbak?
The subtitle is then added to the MB3 library?

thanks

I take this to mean that you tried this and it did not work? I haven't tried myself and am not at home right now. If it does not work, I can try to look into it. Perhaps it needs the IMDB number to search - but it is also possible it just doesn't work at all.

I think having a context menu to search for subtitles would be cool - but that would need a feature request into the server. Probably a good feature anyway...

xnappo

(2013-11-30, 12:04)calibos Wrote: I'll be all over this and MB3 for library sharing once clear-art, logos and discart is supported. In our house full of adults we already use XBMC on 5x dedicated media players, 3 desktops and 3 laptops. To have xbmc on our unjailbroken i devices as well as the android ones all looking the same and to have them all synced will be great.

AeonNox 4.* is my fav skin anyway

Can you let me know which views in Nox support Clearart and Discart? I sorta thought with MB3 clearart is applied by the server? Perhaps you don't have the CoverArt MB3 server plugin? What logos areyou talking about? Studio logos?

I can look into disc art - but I think that is a skin-specific thing and it may not be possible to set set from Python (at least not without a skin mod).

I do encourage you to check out the MediaBrowser clients for the portable devices too - they are pretty slick.

xnappo
A new version - 0.4.5 - has been released.

Grab it here:
https://github.com/xnappo/plugin.video.X...MB3C-0.4.5

You will need to re-merged the skin mods if you are using Aeon Nox to get all features. As a side note, I played with Aeon MQ5 and it works pretty well without any mods.

Changes:
- Added Recently Added Movies, TV
- Added Favorites support (excuse the trophy icon instead of heart, best I could do)
- Added Upcoming TV
- Added option to mark watched on play (still not progress tracking)
- Preparing for official repository submission (dos2unix lfs)
- Made context menu smarter
- Use Show art for Episodes (for now - MB3 episode artwork doesn't play well will XBMC skins)
- Changed cache to default to 0 (off) - this was needed only because of a FlexRaid issue on my system

Please test!
xnappo
Thank you; working excellently so far!!!
is there the possibility of limiting the artwork it transfers? after caching all my art its copied 9.8Gb to the xbmc user folder. otherwise i like this as an intermediate step. really hoping to get mediabrowser installed on more devices (particularly raspberry pi) to use the server direct in future.
(2013-12-08, 22:58)spaceboy Wrote: is there the possibility of limiting the artwork it transfers? after caching all my art its copied 9.8Gb to the xbmc user folder. otherwise i like this as an intermediate step. really hoping to get mediabrowser installed on more devices (particularly raspberry pi) to use the server direct in future.

If you are requesting the ability not to have artwork - then I can definitely do that if you want.

xnappo
New version released - 0.5.0:

- Added Sorting support via Context Menu
- Added Sort order support via Context Menu
- Fixed bug with unaired shows appearing in TV
- Fixed bug with certain characters causing errors in playback path

https://github.com/xnappo/plugin.video.X...MB3C-0.5.0

xnappo
Version 0.5.5 has been released:

- Finished requirements for official XBMC repo submission - and submitted
- Added localization
- Added 'Auto enter single folder items' option
- Added 'Play from here'
- Added Genre filter to context menu
- Added 'NextUp' menu entry

https://github.com/xnappo/plugin.video.X...MB3C-0.5.5

xnappo
(2013-11-19, 17:04)xnappo Wrote: Now DiscArt is another story. I don't believe discart is a 'native' XBMC thing - instead is it skin specific (don't quote me on that). At any rate - if you can do some leg-work to figure out the API call I can easily add it. For example to add fanart the API is:
Code:
liz=xbmcgui.ListItem(details.get('title','Unknown'), iconImage=thumbPath, thumbnailImage=thumbPath)
liz.setProperty('fanart_image', fanart)

Hey xnappo, holy smokes with your pace in regard to updating this add-on!!

I wish I could avoid sounding like an uninformed curmudgeon by asking, but since I can't here goes. . . can you explain your api call?

Why is "liz" used? Is details.get querying XBMC or MB3? Is setProperty plugin specific, skin specific, or videodb specific?

While I can't translate the next-to-nothing info I'm aware of regarding discart to an API call, here's everything I know Smile

ListItem.Art(discart) is a valid infolabel, in addition to (clearart) and (clearlogo)
Artwork Downloader Infolabels link

Also, here is a blurb from one of the views that utilizes rotating discart in MQ5 (ViewsLowList)
Code:
<control type="image">
    <posx>112</posx>
    <posy>70</posy>
    <width>250</width>
    <height>250</height>
    <texture diffuse="cdart_diffuse.png" background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Art(discart)]</texture>
    <fadetime>FanartCrossFadeTime</fadetime>
    <aspectratio align="center" aligny="center">keep</aspectratio>
    <animation effect="rotate" start="0" end="-360" center="auto" time="40000" delay="5000" loop="true" reversible="false" condition="!Player.HasVideo">Conditional</animation>
    <include>Animation_ViewsCDart</include>
    </control>
Thanks for the info - very much appreciated. Will play with it over the w/e - but in general this effort could really use a custom skin...
Answering your other question:

(2013-12-18, 02:59)Dark_Slayer Wrote: Why is "liz" used? Is details.get querying XBMC or MB3? Is setProperty plugin specific, skin specific, or videodb specific?

liz was just the name of each listitem in the original PleXBMC script I started from. I since changed it to 'list' but that is also bad. I will probably change it to 'listitem' one of these days. At any rate, the name doesn't matter.

There are two main functions, 'processDirectory' does all the MB3 API stuff, and stuffs info into 'details' and 'extraDetails' structures. Then addGUIItem does all the XBMC API stuff - taking the info from the structures and building the list. It has been sort-of organic since I didn't know Python nor either API when I started - would probably do it differently if starting from scratch.

setProperty has some items which are XBMC standard, and some that are skin-specific. The skin specific stuff I haven't found good documentation on - this is where the info you sent on will help. I totally missed these additional 'art' settings. Still not positive it will work - but will find out soon!

Thanks again,
xnappo
(2013-12-18, 22:20)xnappo Wrote: liz was just the name of each listitem in the original PleXBMC script I started from. I since changed it to 'list' but that is also bad. I will probably change it to 'listitem' one of these days. At any rate, the name doesn't matter.

There are two main functions, 'processDirectory' does all the MB3 API stuff, and stuffs info into 'details' and 'extraDetails' structures. Then addGUIItem does all the XBMC API stuff - taking the info from the structures and building the list. It has been sort-of organic since I didn't know Python nor either API when I started - would probably do it differently if starting from scratch.

setProperty has some items which are XBMC standard, and some that are skin-specific. The skin specific stuff I haven't found good documentation on - this is where the info you sent on will help. I totally missed these additional 'art' settings. Still not positive it will work - but will find out soon!

Thanks for filling me in

This is a great solution that could tie together some of the things I have to workaround with XBMC into a neater package, and with all these niceties coming to this add-on I might finally get rid of the mysql sync. In any case, I can install MB3 server for a select portion of my library and test out what you've provided.

A couple things to note. . . while it's not any different from a lot of open source githubs, if you were to add some wording to your closures in git then it could be followed better. Not sure that would help you at all, but if anyone needs to adapt and pick something up later on for a db change it could help them (depending on your memory span, it may end up being of help to you as well for that reason Smile )

Also, I'm not clear on when an info label is skin specific. You mean that XBMC standard and skin specific comment in some way, and I believe what you are saying. I'm also positive that I know very little about this compared to you, but I envision all the info labels being written to videodb. Is this not where they go? Not all skins call all available labels, and in the case of MQ5 it looks like he conditionally calls the label so it doesn't look bad in the case where the users videodb doesn't contain said label
(2013-12-19, 00:49)Dark_Slayer Wrote: A couple things to note. . . while it's not any different from a lot of open source githubs, if you were to add some wording to your closures in git then it could be followed better. Not sure that would help you at all, but if anyone needs to adapt and pick something up later on for a db change it could help them (depending on your memory span, it may end up being of help to you as well for that reason Smile )

Certainly. Now that I know someone else is looking Big Grin

Quote:Also, I'm not clear on when an info label is skin specific. You mean that XBMC standard and skin specific comment in some way, and I believe what you are saying. I'm also positive that I know very little about this compared to you, but I envision all the info labels being written to videodb. Is this not where they go? Not all skins call all available labels, and in the case of MQ5 it looks like he conditionally calls the label so it doesn't look bad in the case where the users videodb doesn't contain said label

Honestly I am not all that clear on this either. I have mostly been looking at Aeon Nox. It is very sparsely commented and has all sorts of logic to figure out what to display. Most of the variables it checks are not things I can set from the Python side. I believe that in the 'normal' XBMC library these are stored in the videodb. However when I am generating the file list from Python, I am creating the objects on-the-fly and setting various properties. It seems like at least Aeon Nox is expecting the info to only come from the videodb for some things.

If you look at the PleXBMC thread here and over at the Plex forum (the XBMC addon thread) you will see them having this same conversation a year ago Big Grin They made skin mods to make PleXBMC work better - however the whole project seems to have splintered quite a bit...

xnappo
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC5