• 3(current)
[BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC
(2013-12-19, 01:00)xnappo Wrote: Certainly. Now that I know someone else is looking Big Grin
Fair enough, I don't know how many non-devs actually look at that kind of stuff. I might be an island of insanity in that regard. Lately I keep looking behind the curtain so far it feels like I should just dive in and take a stab at some beginner project. I never had any classes in C or ++, but I can follow through the gist of some things that are easier to follow like sickbeard. It'd take a while for me to even be productive, but I may check out code academy or something similar and get started

(2013-12-19, 01:00)xnappo Wrote: Honestly I am not all that clear on this either. I have mostly been looking at Aeon Nox. It is very sparsely commented and has all sorts of logic to figure out what to display. Most of the variables it checks are not things I can set from the Python side. I believe that in the 'normal' XBMC library these are stored in the videodb. However when I am generating the file list from Python, I am creating the objects on-the-fly and setting various properties. It seems like at least Aeon Nox is expecting the info to only come from the videodb for some things.

If you look at the PleXBMC thread here and over at the Plex forum (the XBMC addon thread) you will see them having this same conversation a year ago Big Grin They made skin mods to make PleXBMC work better - however the whole project seems to have splintered quite a bit...

Well, I kind of saw some of this discussion, but since it was tl;dr or at least "too long didn't read it completely" I thought they ended up needing their skins to support PMS recently added and "on deck" items.

If you are able to set info and MB3 server is creating nfos, then I'd think that the xbmc videodb may be able to take care of itself. I don't know enough about either's video database management underpinnings to begin to understand what will make the best "glue" for these to stay in sync.

While I keep getting off track, your progress on this is fantastic. With a little tweaking, I think this could quickly render MB3 server "usable" to OpenELEC clients (including RPi) much faster than a port of MBT will be generated for those platforms.

Also, from someone who's just started looking into skins and skin mods, MQ5 is easier for me to follow than Nox
Well that is the thing - I can't really make use of the XBMC database. My project is attempting to replace the XBMC database with the MB3 database. Therefore I need to be able to pass all the information the skin normally gets from the DB using Python. It doesn't seem like all the DB fields are accessible.

I started a thread asking about it here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=180723

Now - would it be possible to write an AddOn that attempted to sync XBMC and MB3? Probably, but then you are not much better off than just using MB3 with the XBMC meta-data generator and TRAKT.

xnappo
I see what you're after now, and I think I agree that replace is better than sync

You're up against the same limitations with the other properties like play count, correct?

How did you manage to get resume points though? When I begin testing I can verify, but are you sure they are two-way? Resume from MB3 savestate in XBMC and "record" XBMB3C's savestate back to MB3?
Well I don't have resume working yet - but it should be possible - it works in PleXBMC. I have a way that works... But I don't like it. This is actually the main thing I am working on from a technical point of view.

XBMC is an awesome project - but the way it works in the skin devs push the limits of the XBMC release, then the next release adds core features to make the skin additions more mainstream and THEN those features get exposed in the Python API. So for a plugin like mine we are last in line, unless we jump ahead and implement our own skin API for additional images/info etc.

PERSONALLY - all I want is a library shared between my MBC machine that can play my CCI protected cable content, and my XBMC home theater machine that plays my movies.

xnappo
Hello All,

A new version of the AddOn is available - version 0.6.0.

Get it here:
https://github.com/xnappo/plugin.video.x...mb3c-0.6.0

This release is 'feature complete' - meaning that it has all of the features I envisioned when I started this project exactly two months ago.

This doesn't mean I won't be adding more features of course!

Changes:
- Added resume tracking
- Added playback from resume point (SMB only)
- Added support for multiple users
- Added password authentication
- Added SMB username/password option
- Added option to play from HTTP instead of SMB (note: resume does not work with this option)
- Added default sort modes
- Changed to not resolve real path until playback. Pi speedup?
- Fixed boxsets containing only one movie
- Removed xml caching - not needed (switched from httplib2 to requests)
- Cleaned up more for official repo submission requirements

xnappo
(2013-12-22, 22:38)xnappo Wrote: Hello All,

A new version of the AddOn is available - version 0.6.0.

Get it here:
https://github.com/xnappo/plugin.video.x...mb3c-0.6.0

This release is 'feature complete' - meaning that it has all of the features I envisioned when I started this project exactly two months ago.

This doesn't mean I won't be adding more features of course!

Changes:
- Added resume tracking
- Added playback from resume point (SMB only)
- Added support for multiple users
- Added password authentication
- Added SMB username/password option
- Added option to play from HTTP instead of SMB (note: resume does not work with this option)
- Added default sort modes
- Changed to not resolve real path until playback. Pi speedup?
- Fixed boxsets containing only one movie
- Removed xml caching - not needed (switched from httplib2 to requests)
- Cleaned up more for official repo submission requirements

xnappo

Outstanding: this works excellently! Ready for primetime; push it to the official repo already Wink

Kudos!
Version 0.6.5 has been released:

- Added preliminary transcoding support
- Added preliminary music support (plays, no metadata yet) - add through Music node
- Fixed bug with non-ASCII characters in collection name
- Gracefully handle username not specified
- Fixed XML compliance issue for official repo submission

https://github.com/xnappo/plugin.video.x...mb3c-0.6.5

xnappo
Now available in the official repo!

xnappo
Thanks for the great work xnappo.

Out of curiosity is this fully working in mq5 like in nox? Or is that still something that does not function yet.
It works well in Aeon MQ5 unmodified. As I have said before - to take this to the next level we will need a custom skin where I can pass MB3-specific meta-data in.

From what I can tell, we are not going to get disc art/banners etc without a custom skin as that data comes from the XBMC database exclusively.

xnappo
This works really well. Keep up the good work and where is the donate option?
(2013-12-26, 23:10)rasstar Wrote: This works really well. Keep up the good work and where is the donate option?

Thanks! Kind words will do fine for now.

xnappo
When I tried to start the addons I got this error.

Script failed: plugin.video.xbmb3c

Could it be wrong settings in server and username and port?
Now I have tries to use xbmc (openelec) ip and my nas but none worked.
(2013-12-28, 13:54)neggard Wrote: When I tried to start the addons I got this error.

Script failed: plugin.video.xbmb3c

Could it be wrong settings in server and username and port?
Now I have tries to use xbmc (openelec) ip and my nas but none worked.

This needs to be your mediabrowser server ip and port. The port is 8096 by default. If you still can't get it to work please post a log with debug log turned on in the addon settings to pastebin. com (or somewhere).

xnappo
Brilliant, fantastic work. Thanks for the effort in this development. Really great job!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC5