• 4(current)
[BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC
Where do I find the log-files?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log...d#Location
i am also having a problem with the most recent build, seems to be with the username / password as the previous plug in was working for me. here is the log http://pastebin.com/VT2HWRVD , everything seems to be set correct in the options but when i try and enter the addon i am told the username cannot be found
Spaceboy - at least at the time of this log, you had the capitalization wrong in the plugin. It is 'mark' in the plugin settings and 'Mark' in the MB3 database.

That said - there is another person with a problem with the username over at the MB3 forum - so if that does NOT fix it let me know - because I will need you to try a version with more debug info as I cannot recreate this myself.

xnappo
yep, that was it. thanks!
Cool. It worked before because username wasn't really implemented, it just used the first one it found. Let me know what you think of the rest now that you are in.

xnappo
is it possible to add an option to cache ALL metadata and pics? otherwise it takes a long time to go into each folder and sub folder and let the client buffer the data. would be nice to set it once and leave it to run for the entire library. otherwise this has replaced the xbmc library for me. nice work
So I do have plans to allow it to use cached data for the XML, but if the watched status of any item changes it is going to have to re-fetch the whole thing from the server. That said, at least of my system, the XML fetch is only 1/3 of the time - so I also need to see if there is a way to cache the actual XBMC list, or possibly build the list in the background.. There are unfortunately a lot of limitations in Python that will stop it from being as fast as the native db.

I am curious though how big your collection is, and how long is long? I had a problem with my FlexRaid config that was leading to about 8 seconds for 500 movies. After fixing that it is now about 1second.

Thanks,
xnappo
Sorry, I think I was unclear. I was referring to the initial cache of metadata and pics. I've got around 1000 movies and 200 tv series. It took about a couple of hours to download the movie fan art last night, which is fine but it then needs to be followed by going into the root level tv library and that takes maybe five mins, then each sub folder can take 5 mins but with 200 series, and up to 20 seasons that's a lot of sub folders. And you have to sit and watch it to move it onto the next folder. I was hoping to have an option to effectively download all of that in one go. Otherwise if say someone wanted to watch the 15th episode of the 23rd series of the Simpsons you would be waiting a while for that to be available.

And this is a windows client, I think those timings could be doubled or trebled for a raspberry pi

Thanks!
Ah okay, I see what you mean now. I think that is possible and will think about how to implement it.

xnappo
I'm also having script error trouble with 6.5 on an android TV box (Frodo 12.2, Aeon Nox), which didn't happen with 5.5. I'll try to get a log file, but in the meantime a couple of questions:

1) I have a leftover 5.5 data folder in /addons (in addition to the 6.5 one) from which I copied those 3 files. Is this causing a conflict?
2) I was getting a system.py script error when starting up XBMC, but that seemed to be caused by leftover Watchdog files. Just curious, is this a common file as I see it's included on your build.
(2013-12-31, 17:27)bruce7373 Wrote: I'm also having script error trouble with 6.5 on an android TV box (Frodo 12.2, Aeon Nox), which didn't happen with 5.5. I'll try to get a log file, but in the meantime a couple of questions:

1) I have a leftover 5.5 data folder in /addons (in addition to the 6.5 one) from which I copied those 3 files. Is this causing a conflict?
2) I was getting a system.py script error when starting up XBMC, but that seemed to be caused by leftover Watchdog files. Just curious, is this a common file as I see it's included on your build.

I need a log file to be of any help. For (1) though, that should not matter. For (2), yes it is a common name for other addons.

xnappo
All,

I have made several changes to 'master' and could use some testing:
https://github.com/xnappo/plugin.video.XBMB3C

You will need to grab the whole thing.

- 'Cache all artwork' option and progress bar (SPACEBOY - this is your request)
- Progress bar for deletion
- New (faster) method for single season entry (but broken due to MB3 issue on series with more than one season)
- Default SortBy for seasons (from themightylc)
- Prevent directory listing from refresh on play (w/ help from null_pointer)
- Performance benchmarking when debug enabled (from null_pointer)
- DVD detection - append /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO.IFO

Thanks,
xnappo
Looking forward to having a play with this, Greatly appreciate your work. Your doing excellent things.
(2014-01-04, 23:59)xnappo Wrote: All,

I have made several changes to 'master' and could use some testing:
https://github.com/xnappo/plugin.video.XBMB3C

You will need to grab the whole thing.

- 'Cache all artwork' option and progress bar (SPACEBOY - this is your request)
- Progress bar for deletion
- New (faster) method for single season entry (but broken due to MB3 issue on series with more than one season)
- Default SortBy for seasons (from themightylc)
- Prevent directory listing from refresh on play (w/ help from null_pointer)
- Performance benchmarking when debug enabled (from null_pointer)
- DVD detection - append /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO.IFO

Thanks,
xnappo

Perfect, works exactly as I imagined, thanks!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC5