AnyDVD HD with XBMC for Blu-ray Playback
I've got my system setup so it does just about everything that I want, the only hiccup is in regard to blu-ray playback.

In order to resolve this I'm trying to use AnyDVD HD to do on-the-fly decryption and DRM removal. It seems to be working, for the most part, but there are some minor difficulties I'm having setting this up.

1. XBMC always seems to play the subtitles and I haven't figured out how to turn them off
2. XBMC always plays the longest track, which in most cases is the right one, but on occasion is not (e.g. Harry Potter 7 part 1 & 2 both have an extended version with director commentary and breaks where they take a moment to talk about the making of the movie at that point)

I AnyDVD HD only runs on windows, so I'm of course using a windows install. I'm currently using XBMC Frodo 12.2.

Has anyone else done any kind of setup like this? If so, have you been able to figure out how to work through these issues?

Also, does anyone know if there is is a place within XBMC where I can specify the default use of subtitles for a blu-ray/DVD. Also is there a way that I can change the settings of how XBMC picks which track to play? I know that blu-ray menus in XBMC aren't a thing, so I'm trying to figure out other ways to get this to work.

Thank you all for any and all help.
Quote:1. XBMC always seems to play the subtitles and I haven't figured out how to turn them off

you could try the context menu while playing video media, and "Un Select" subtitles from the audio menu. This will only have effect on this movie each time.

to set this value as default behaviour, simply select "set as default" i think its called.

Quote:2. XBMC always plays the longest track, which in most cases is the right one, but on occasion is not (e.g. Harry Potter 7 part 1 & 2 both have an extended version with director commentary and breaks where they take a moment to talk about the making of the movie at that point)

um, im not sure, but i think that this is set via the "settings/video/dvd/play dvds automatically" option

i hope this helps mate,
Dam0
Thanks for the reply Dam0, I'll give it a try and post my results.
So, half my problem is fixed. The subtitle suggestion worked beautifully.

As for XBMC always selecting the longest track, that one is still a thing to work on. I looked at the "leay dvds automatically" option, but all it does is change the player so that it will automatically start the dvd/blu-ray upon insertion into the drive.

If there were a way to get menus working, that would easily solve the problem, but it is my understanding that there is a technical problem with doing that. I understand that one of the potential problems is with java menus, which in the case of the setup I'm using isn't a problem; Anydvd HD will replace the java menus with non-java menus.

Anyway, if anyone else has any ideas, I'm all ears. I'd like to get this whole setup figured out, so I can either write a how-to post or write something up to submit to the XBMC wiki.

Thanks
Anyone else have any further thoughts on how to influence the default track played by a blu-ray or how I can setup menus for blu-ray playback?

Thanks,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AnyDVD HD with XBMC for Blu-ray Playback0