Solved MQ5 Advance Launcher no Fanart HELP!
I've searched all over and found someone asked the same question in the main mq5 post. But no answer was given.
I found something that said to switch themes and the fanart would work, That has not helped. I'm unable to see fanart in
Advance Launcher.
As an avid aeon mq user, I was very excited for the release of 5 until I noticed this same issue. I use xbmc to launch all games and this is the only line of skins i like. It took me awhile but I figured out how to fix it but it's detailed if you don't know your way around .xml files.Go into your folder C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq5\720p and open the file named MyPROGRAMS.xml with an xml file editor (I use XML notepad 2007).
On this program, you will go to the bottom of the list on the left to the last "controls" bullet. Expand this section then expand the first control section under this heading. Go down to the bullet where it says "imagepath" and expand. At the bottom of this section there will be a heading that says "#text". Change the text value to $VAR[value_programsfanart]. Then, right click on the red Background heading above where you just changed the text, and scroll down till you see "Attribute" the "Before" when you hover over attribute. This will insert another red attribute heading above background. Change the title of this new heading to "fallback" and enter the following as the text value: special://skin/backgrounds/settings.jpg. Once you have done this save the file as MyPrograms.xml to the same folder where you opened it and restart XBMC. Voila, you now have fanart as your background again. On a side note, once you get used to editing this file, you can also copy the viewstyle codes from the MyVideoNav.xml file and add them to the programs file. Personally, I like having the showcase view for my game and I don't know why MQ(*skin creator) left the other view styles out of the programs library in this installment. Hit me back if you have any questions or get stuck and maybe I can help.
I'm having a problem when i change the text value to $VAR[value_programsfanart] then add special://skin/backgrounds/settings.jpg to fallback. it changes text, backgound and fallback values.
so all values are special://skin/backgrounds/settings.jpg. Then when I try launching advance launcher it hangs for about 5 mins then when it loads the background is the standard theme background.

edit ok so if i just add $VAR[value_programsfanart] without adding the fallback it works. Does not adding the fallback cause any problems.
Advance launcher takes about 5 mins to load as before it would load in 10 seconds. Any reason you know of for this?
Yea it would work without the fallback. All that does is revert to the default programs background if no fanart is available. It never hangs on me though. Don't know what would cause that. Glad I could help you out though. It really was a pain in the ass to figure out. I started comparing the files from MQ5 and the ACE skin because they are based on the same code with different image files.
@jdot1986 thanks so much. I've spent a lot of time fixing artwork and infos for my roms and games. When I moved to mq5 no fanart was ruining it for me.
no problem glad i could help
Jdot, this is great, I was really missing the fan art. Do you know if it would be possible to copy in the way "wall" mode works with movies into advanced launcher? Specifically I mean the way it darkens everything except the selected item and pops up a mini info window when you idle on a single item.
(2013-11-26, 00:24)jdoo Wrote: Jdot, this is great, I was really missing the fan art. Do you know if it would be possible to copy in the way "wall" mode works with movies into advanced launcher? Specifically I mean the way it darkens everything except the selected item and pops up a mini info window when you idle on a single item.

He mentioned it a couple post up that its possible if you know more about xml. I don't so haven't figured it out. I tried just copying the view code numbers but that didn't work.
Yea I tried and couldnt figure it out either. Hopefully it gets added in a future version
actually what i ended up doing was replacing the MyPrograms.xml file in the Aeon MQ5 720p folder with a copy of the MyVideoNav.xml file then renaming it to MyPrograms.xml. Then change the same values from my previous post with the same text in my post. Actually after replacing the file just do everything from my previous post and it will fix the fanart issue and also give you every view that is included in you main movie library with the exception of the banner views for tv shows.
@jdot1986 awesome will try it now

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MQ5 Advance Launcher no Fanart HELP!0