BUNCH of Scraper Questions
Question 
Hello everyone, I have a number of questions regarding the scraper function on music videos. I would have some files and it seemed as if only some videos were being recognized. So I tagged the files and turned on the debugger... the output is here:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=85986
At line 522 I try and start a playlist - just to play some files. I can't see the videos in the library but I can play them directly. So I create a playlist that has multiple file name conventions. Hoping that one of them play - then I know the format.
At line 666 you can see the scraping attempts. So I see the findmovie function - it returns not finding anything - then says at line 674
WARNING: No information found for item
It seems as if this is the reason the file is not added to the library - it can't find anything? Is this true? How do I override this? How do I submit this?
I check my Addons - and I see for Artist Information Universal Artist Scraper. I also read online I might need justusethefilename - I think it shows Local Information only. So could anyone provide some insight into what I'm doing wrong? Thanks
Maybe you can give some feedback as to why I don't get an answer... do I use the wrong format? Do I ask to generic questions - or too many? Wrong area? This is very frustrating; so much of this site is very basic - and I feel like I'm in between the basic level and advanced. Maybe someone can give me advice on how to try and get better responses - pm me if you want. Thanks
Moved to Metadata scrapers forum for better visibility.
From your log, it looks like you chose the "local information only" option when setting the content on your music video.

This (unsurprisingly) requires there to be local information available in order for the files to be added to the library, which from your log, I can see there isn't.

You should either add the local information yourself in the form of an .nfo file or change the content to use an online source such as theaudiodb, although that would require that the file names are in a strict "artist - title.ext" format, and of course that the song is on the scraped site. You can also do both and use .nfo files just for those music videos that the scraper doesn't find.

I don't believe there is a music video version of justusethefilename, but I could be wrong.

Playlists only work with library items. Even if you use a file name rule, it's still specifically looking only at the library items that match that rule.
Thank you very much for the help, first for setting the correct forum, and second for the insight into the local information. I incorrectly assumed the local information was the internal tag information (like in mp3's) and I had enabled the addon Local Information AND AudioDB for Music Videos, as well. It seems like the first addon is only used or at least deferred to.

I have resigned myself to utilising nfo files - but was secretly hoping I could do less "work." I do have a question regarding the strict format you mentioned; "artist - title.ext" format. Could I change this somehow to accept my usual naming convention of "artist - title (year).ext" when you say strict - I assume you mean strictly inflexible. Are there no other music video scrapers available? Ones that are at least a little configurable...

Another question I have is why were SOME videos getting into the database when I have not used nfo files yet? I've tried a couple different configurations so It may not have parsed anything on that log file output... please understand I'm willing to change the filenames, format and procedure for the videos - I'm just trying to understand this as fully as I can. I have started using this tool for basic nfo creation https://popatopdad.codeplex.com/
Is there something that I can use to SUBMIT queries to the database - of music videos that possibly are not in there? I may be able to leverage the AudioDB a bit better if I knew the submissions are there and I would be giving back to the community.

Thanks again.
Adding the year is fine. In fact, the file name will be passed through cleandatetime and cleanstrings before the scraper sees it, but after all that has run the format still needs to be "artist - title" for the scraper to work properly.

Not sure why or how some videos got added without nfo files, perhaps it was a result of whatever you did that made you believe you had enabled both Local and AudioDB.

I'm also not sure of how how to query the database for missing entries. There is the Missing Movie Scanner, but I don't think it works with music videos. Although that sounds like a perfectly reasonable feature request if you want to suggest it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BUNCH of Scraper Questions0