• 5(current)
[MOD] PosterLite for Aeon MQ5
(2014-02-23, 21:12)marcoxyz Wrote: Hi CutSickAss

First thank you for your nice work. I run it on Frodo 12.2 with Aeon MQ5 2.0.2.
Two Qestions: When i scroll fast forward there is a gap of 2 movie covers next to the big cover, can that be fixed? And the other question is, when i scroll not to fast (without holding the button on my remote) the Scrolling Letter appears some times for a secound or less, can that be fixed to with a longer timeout for example.

Thank you

Marco

The first issue, the gap thing, cannot be fixed without screwing up the viewtype. I tried it in the past, but the result is an annoying zoom effect from the small posters to the large one. Also, it requires a lot of fine tuning, and doesn't work on all resolutions, so I've given up on that, sorry.

Regarding the second issue, the normal behaviour would be for the letters not to appear at all during slow library browsing, the fact that they do appear is a skin issue. If you want to fix that, then open the file "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq5\720p\includes.xml", and search for "ScrollLabel". A few lines below it you'll find this:
Code:
<animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="100">Visible</animation>

Replace it with the following, and save the file:
Code:
<animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="100" delay="100">Visible</animation>

Perhaps it works with an even smaller delay, didn't try many values. Remember that this edit will be overwritten every time the skin gets an update, so you'll have to do it again.
Nice the delay works perfect, maybe MarcusQi will take this nice view over in the skin ;-) and fix the gap bug.

thank you and have a nice day

Marco
I replaced files as described in Gotham skin folder but for some reason the info panel is screwed.

I'll check it tonight, perhaps I missed something with the Gotham beta. Probably some right alignment using the new code.
(2014-03-10, 18:06)CutSickAss Wrote: I'll check it tonight, perhaps I missed something with the Gotham beta. Probably some right alignment using the new code.

When i have time i'll make a diff against Frodo version, maybe it's something simple.

Edit:
Did a quick check if i could find major differences but couldn't find any big stuff. some minor pos differences but didn't have the proper effect when i changed them to Frodo version
@schumi2004

Fixed the problem, updated the Gotham links on the first post.
(2014-03-10, 23:54)CutSickAss Wrote: @schumi2004

Great, thanks for that.
1 thing left i noticed when changing to poster lite.
I noticed the info panel didn't popup automatically so i tried to change that.
Used UP arrow to access top menu and directly after that XBMC hang and nothing i could do.
I think it's just a regular crash of XBMC. I got those too, in Frodo I believe the culprit was addon "TV Show Next Aired". After disabling that most of the crashes disappeared.
(2014-03-15, 21:28)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2014-03-10, 23:54)CutSickAss Wrote: @schumi2004

Great, thanks for that.
1 thing left i noticed when changing to poster lite.
I noticed the info panel didn't popup automatically so i tried to change that.
Used UP arrow to access top menu and directly after that XBMC hang and nothing i could do.

Yeah doing the same here too, tried to disable "TV Show Next Aired" to see if that did the trick but it wont let me, apparently its needed for Aeon MQ5
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

In my attempt to disable PosterLite view i edited guisettings.xml
<setting type="bool" name="skin.aeonmq5.viewposterlite_video">true</setting>
from true to false
However i noticed it was still active and selected but now i could open top menu to change stuff.
Not sure if it will work for everyone
Don't know what to tell you, in Frodo the crashes only happened a few times for me with TV Show Next Aired enabled, practically never with it disabled. In Gotham I have the addon enabled, but still no crashes when accessing top menu.
I think the top menu is quite 'buggy', for want of a better word.

Enabling kiosk seems to stop 99% of those crashes.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

I love this mod. I was always switching between transparency which i liked for fanart view and mq5 which i loved for customisation. Hopefully now can stick with mq5. Just one question, is it possible to alter the size of the poster to show more fanart. The ones at the bottom of the screen are fine it is just the one related the the selected tv show/movie i find a little too large for my preference
It's a bit difficult to change the size of the poster, given the fact that it requires a few other elements to change. I don't have the time right now to check, perhaps in a few days.
Hi, nice work. I have a doubt, after applying this will I still keep the stock mq5 views or will they dissapear. I really like some of them that would like to keep. Thanks!
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] PosterLite for Aeon MQ50