• 140(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
@Hitcher your method works i just deleted the whole script.skinshortcuts data folder after editing the library.py file and added an addon as a favorite it showed up in the submenu section and after that I re-added the userdata folder for (script.skinshortcuts) back and 💥 all my favorites were backs and i also installed script.skinshortcuts 2.1.0 after as well. Presently using now,.. you could probably skip a step and directly install script.skinshortcuts 2.1.0 and just clear your favourites entry as @Hitcher suggested thanks to him by the way. I'm guessing the later version of script.skinshortcuts already has "favouritesbrowser" instead of the old "favourites" entry. Didn't check tho
(2023-12-07, 18:11)manfeed Wrote: Thanks, but none of the suggested methods works for me. In the Kodi log this is the error message that I get, in case it helps:

code:

2023-12-07 17:03:37.370 T:6140    error <general>: xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 4, column 0

What's on line 4 in your favourites file?
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2023-12-08, 01:01)jurialmunkey Wrote: What's on line 4 in your favourites file?

That's the problem! I'm seeing that now, in Omega, whenever I add a new favourite a NUL character gets added at the end of the file...

If I manually edit favourites.xml and erase that last line all works well, but as soon as I add a new favourite the NUL character returns...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2023-12-08, 01:42)manfeed Wrote:
(2023-12-08, 01:01)jurialmunkey Wrote: What's on line 4 in your favourites file?
That's the problem! I'm seeing that now, in Omega, whenever I add a new favourite a NUL character gets added at the end of the file...

That sounds like a Kodi bug. Probably should be reported on xbmc github as NUL is not a valid character in XML schema:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valid_characters_in_XML Wrote:Note that the code point U+0000, assigned to the null control character, is the only character encoded in Unicode and ISO/IEC 10646 that is always invalid in any XML 1.0 and 1.1 document.

As far as I understand, C++ string literals use NUL character terminations - so I'm guessing one has crept in somewhere with the code changes to use favouritesbrowser.

If that is fixed in core, I'm doubtful that any code changes are needed for skinshortcuts at all -- updating the shortcut to use favouritesbrowser can be done with the override I mentioned before (and that's a better approach than touching library.py because override will automatically update existing shortcut setups with the new path).
@manfeed - Apologies, I didn't realise that it had already been fixed recently. That'd be why I wasn't seeing the issue - I'm on Omega nightlies.

So for the sake of everyone in this thread -- the solution is:

1. Upgrade to latest Omega nightlies where the NUL termination issue is fixed.
  2. Add a new favourite to force the favourites.xml file to rewrite without the NUL termination.
  3. Restart Kodi and then open skinshortcuts.

There is no reason to be editing python files in skinshortcuts, especially if you don't understand the code you are editing.

If you want to override ActivateWindow(favourites) shortcuts that can be done in the overrides.xml file

xml:

<override action="ActivateWindow(favourites)">
<action>ActivateWindow(favouritesbrowser)</action>
</override>
(2023-12-09, 01:11)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2023-12-09, 01:11)jurialmunkey Wrote:  

If you want to override ActivateWindow(favourites) shortcuts that can be done in the overrides.xml file

Since "script.skinshortcuts" hadn't received an update for a long time, I replaced "ActivateWindow(favourites)" in the "library.py" with "ActivateWindow(favouritesbrowser)" right at the beginning of my Omega test installation.
Because of this change I had no problems with the favorites on Titan Mod.

But thank you for your tip with the “override.xml”.
I restored "library.py" to its original state and it works.
This makes it easier for all users whether with an update in "script.skinshortcuts" from "ActivateWindow(favourites)" to "ActivateWindow(favouritesbrowser)" or without an update.

Not important at all but FYI the latest version of skin shortcuts is available here https://github.com/MikeSiLVO/script.skinshortcuts

I originally worked on it to port it to Python 3 but I was blindly trying my best to get it to work and anxdpanic was kind enough to basically rewrite the whole thing and release it for v2.0+

Not sure about the future of Skin Shortcuts but perhaps skin.variables is a possible replacement... Angel

Blush
AFAIK, he's still working on the script, but he's not active on the forum. If there are issues that you'd like him to know about, use git issues Blush
OSMC Skinner      |    The OSMC Skin for Kodi v20 Nexus (native 16:9, 21:9 and 4:3 skin, special cinemascope/CIH version available)      |     GitHub: https://github.com/Ch1llb0/skin.osmc
Can you submit it to the official repo please?
It is already in the Kodi repo

I was just mentioning where the current version could be found. BigNoids repository is from like 4 years ago or so.
Didn't realise, thanks.
I am adding this add-on to the Confluence ZEITGEIST skin, so far everything is going well, but the problem is with the confluence shortcuts, when I add the main add-on I don't get an icon, but rather the folder. But if it is from within the add-on, the icon appears
  • 140(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8