• 22(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
(2014-09-20, 21:45)Unfledged Wrote:
(2014-09-20, 21:39)phate89 Wrote: Hi. I'm trying aeon nox skin skin with kodi 14 alpha 3. I'm using the latest version available in the helix repo and i found a bug.
I know it's Too early to full support but I'm going to report it anyway.
If you go in the menu customization section under "customize submenu" I can't see items types and the second column. Hitting enter on type works well but you can't see what you select in the top right corner of the skinshortcuts window. Is this an aeon nox problem or a script- skin shortcuts problem? Thanks in advance

Aeon Nox problem. It looks like the relevant labels positioning hasn't been updated after changes to labels with right-aligned text in Helix. Quick fix, change Nox5's script-skinshortcuts.xml file - line 226, label with id 101 - to <left>0</left>. Otherwise, I'm sure BigNoid will fix it shortly.

Thanks I'll try it
Continuing conversation from another thread...

(2014-09-28, 03:48)phil65 Wrote: As far as i can see i can only choose movies --> genres for example, not one step further. (for example movies --> genres --> action)
that way the user does not have to set up a custom playlist for many use cases. (i want basically the same as Skin.SetPath(some_skin_string_name,library://) on skinning level. )
I didn´t download the latest GIT though, there it is possible?
Probably the wrong thread to discuss script.skinshortcuts, so you could also just quote me and continue in the right thread. (or write a PM)

(I´m not talkin about custom library nodes here in specific, just the default ones)

Ah, ok. That's not possible at the moment. Actually, though, a lot of the code to do it is already present and would just need hooking up. The big problem is that it needs the script to switch to using video nodes for all shortcuts (ActivateWindow(Videos,library://videos/movies/titles.xml) rather than ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles) as it uses now). This is the plan, but there are a few issues to be worked around before it's ready.
great. thanks for the info.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
@phil65 - absolutely nowhere near ready for primetime, but this branch does what you're after?
yep. that´s what i meant. Smile
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Just a heads up, changes which promote video nodes over traditional library links (videodb://movies/titles/ as opposed to MovieTitles) have now landed. As well as giving the new shortcut options proposed by Phil65, I recommend changing default shortcuts to use video nodes and ensuring any shortcut overrides work with both traditional library links and video nodes. As always, all details in the readmes.

(And we're just one feature away - basic integration for skins where the script provides the whole menu for my WIP video node editor script - from a new release on the repo Smile)

Cheers.
Smile
Hi. I have a bug to report.
I'm using video nodes in aeon nox as default menu actions. The "problem" is that when i select a custom node like "titles.xml" in windows i get a path with mixed slash and backslash.
For example i get
Code:
library://video/film\titles.xml
when i should get
Code:
library://video/film/titles.xml

This isn't actually a problem with navigation and regular use. Aeon nox it works fine but if i want to use that path in a json-rpc request like:
Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Files.GetDirectory", "params": {"directory": "library://video/film\titles.xml", "media": "video", "properties": ["playcount", "resume"]}, "id": 1}

I get params error.
I can check myself in python and fix it but it's still a wrong kodi path and should be fixed in the source script
With the git version of the script...? I'll try to push a fix tonight or tomorrow Smile
(2014-10-16, 11:04)Unfledged Wrote: With the git version of the script...? I'll try to push a fix tonight or tomorrow Smile

Sorry i should say this. No with the repo version.
Thanks always fast and efficient Big Grin
(2014-10-16, 12:41)phate89 Wrote: Sorry i should say this. No with the repo version.

Could you give it a try with the git version? I'm unable to recreate the problem with that version + a Windows VM Smile (Bearing in mind there's some incomplete code on git right now - my evening project Wink - so some things may not be working)
Ok i tried and with git version it works well so with next update it should be fixed
@ Unfledged

I'm adding custom backgrounds at the moment and have a request please.

When using <backgroundBrowse>True</backgroundBrowse> would it be possible to set the opening folder in the overrides.xml?

ie
Code:
special://skin/extras/backgrounds/

That way I can point to the skins background folder making it easier for the user to find the default ones.

Many thanks.
(2014-10-19, 14:38)Hitcher Wrote: I'm adding custom backgrounds at the moment and have a request please.

When using <backgroundBrowse>True</backgroundBrowse> would it be possible to set the opening folder in the overrides.xml?

Now on git.

<backgroundBrowse default="protocol://path/to/folder/">True</backgroundBrowse>
You're a legend! Big Grin

Thanks.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8