targeted scraping?
Apologies if this has been bandied about already Smile

I was just wondering if "targeted scraping" for TV shows would be a possibility. The scenario I'm thinking of is this: Let's say I add a single TV show video file to my library for that show. Right now, if I "update library", XBMC duly proceeds to painstakingly check the sources I've set up for my movies and TV show videos. This can take a while (at least, it does on my ATV2).

Since I know the TV show I'm adding, though, would it be theoretically possible for me to go to my TV show list, right-click on the TV show I want to add to, and choose "Update This Show" or something along those lines? That way XBMC would be able to skip everything else and just target that show.

Failing that, is there a way to get it to scrape only TV shows? Every time I update the video library for my new TV show episodes, XBMC always takes a fair bit of time checking for movies to be updated.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
You can do that already, yes. Context menu on the show under Files -> Scan for new content.

Not sure if it's available while in the library - if not, it could be added perhaps.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Videos > Files > navigate to the folder of your TV show > open context menu > Scan for new content

Curses, jmarshall beat me to it again! Smile
Ugh. See, I thought that scanned the source for new content, not that specific show. Well there ya go...ya learn something new about XBMC every day....LOL

If it's not available from the library view, then yes, I vote it should be. I'll go look and see if it is, when I get a chance.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
"Scan for new content" should also be available in the context menu of every show in the library view.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2013-11-19, 04:56)canadave Wrote: Ugh. See, I thought that scanned the source for new content, not that specific show. Well there ya go...ya learn something new about XBMC every day....LOL

What he said, never knew that before!

Now, in a similar vein, is it possible to define specific Sources/Folders/TV Shows to Export ONLY those, and not the entire library?
(2013-11-19, 16:02)evangelion Wrote:
(2013-11-19, 04:56)canadave Wrote: Ugh. See, I thought that scanned the source for new content, not that specific show. Well there ya go...ya learn something new about XBMC every day....LOL

Now, in a similar vein, is it possible to define specific Sources/Folders/TV Shows to Export ONLY those, and not the entire library?

Not currently, but I think this would be a very welcome addition. Ever since I've started to use NFO files exported from XBMC, I've seen how handy this could be first hand.
(2013-11-20, 04:44)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-11-19, 16:02)evangelion Wrote:

Not currently, but I think this would be a very welcome addition. Ever since I've started to use NFO files exported from XBMC, I've seen how handy this could be first hand.

Just giving this a wee bump in the hope that any Developers/Skinners or anyone able to come up with a hack to enable Exporting single (or parent) folders would be interested in pursuing it further. Really would make a huge difference/boost to the whole Exporting function. Cheers!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
targeted scraping?0