• 1(current)
[RELEASE] VEVO TV - Watch music videos 24/7
Hi,
this is an addon for watching VEVO TV. It's not integrated in BlueCops addon, so i wrote one for it.
There are 3 US and 1 german TV Channel available, which are streaming music videos in HD 24/7.

Additionally to the official channels, i implemented some custom modes:
You can choose the genre and multiple categories (Top200, Top10/20/50/100/200 shuffled, Top200 All-Time, Top10/20/50/100/200 All-Time shuffled, All shuffled).
There is also a more advanced custom mode available, where you can add your favourite artists.

When using the custom modes, you can also activate/deactivate some track info on video playback.
If you want to exclude certain artists, you can use the blacklist filter via the addon settings.

Playlist folder:
.../XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.vevo_tv/playlists

Availability:
VEVO TV: US, Canada, and Germany.
VEVO (Custom Mode): Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Spain, UK and US.

iOS/OSX:
The 4 official VEVO TV channels are only working with deactivated hardware acceleration on iOS/OSX systems with current XBMC versions.
The custom mode is working with acceleration turned on...

Install from my testing-repo.
Any feedback is welcome...

Have fun! Smile
asde
works perfect!
thanks mate!
v1.0.2:
- Added custom mode for live performances

(2013-11-19, 02:39)konoimo Wrote: works perfect!
thanks mate!
Great! Smile
I tested on iOS devices and only audio is working no video.
On nexus 7 works perfectly.
Great. The VEVO pure AddOn is in my repository with some fixes.

Tested on OSX Gotham Alpha 10 and only audio is working no video.

Code:
10:56:42 T:4607156224  NOTICE: Decode - VDADecoderDecode failed, status(-12473)
10:56:42 T:4607156224   DEBUG: CDVDPlayerVideo - video decoder returned error
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
Awesome, will test later today.

Edit:
Works perfect so far, to bad Vevo is limited for my country (NL).
(2013-11-19, 03:18)konoimo Wrote: I tested on iOS devices and only audio is working no video.
(2013-11-19, 12:02)moneymaker Wrote: Tested on OSX Gotham Alpha 10 and only audio is working no video.
Does this also happen with the custom mode (normal vevo videos)? Or only on the 4 official VEVO TV channels?

I found this thread with exactly the same problem on iOS devices with vevo live streams.
So maybe deactivating the hardware acceleration solves it for you. But then you probably need to decrease the bitrate for proper playback.
But maybe it get's fixed until final gotham release...
that's what i did, and so far so GOOD.
thanks again!
Awesome.. Is there anyway for it to display the track it's playing on the screen at the start?
v1.0.3:
- Custom Mode: Added Top200 categories
- Custom Mode: Added setting to show info on video playback

(2013-11-19, 18:00)konoimo Wrote: that's what i did, and so far so GOOD.
thanks again!
Just for confirmation: It only occured on the official VEVO TV channels? Custom mode was working?

(2013-11-19, 18:58)danmedhurst Wrote: Awesome.. Is there anyway for it to display the track it's playing on the screen at the start?
Added for the custom mode. There are 2 types:
- InfoView (I only found the id for the info view with player controls ('enter'). If anybody knows the id without the controls ('i'), please let me know)
- Notification

The official VEVO TV channels are single streams, so it would be a bit tricky to implement:
I had to add a service script which is running all time in the background and gets the info from the server. But the problem would be that i dont want to make too frequent requests. So, for example, if i check for the info every minute, the info could not be displayed at the beginning (worst case: one minute). So i dont think i will implement it for the official channels...
Great work!

Only Issue I found is shuffle not shuffling Wink

custom mode > (genre) > All (shuffled)

always gives the same sequence of videos in the same order...
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
don't know if you're interested in converting strings.xml into strings.po for easier translation but just in case I did the english source...

HERE it is. Wink
Image Image
v1.0.4:
- All (shuffled): Added a pseudo random parameter, so that vevo always returns new random songs.

(2013-11-19, 15:29)schumi2004 Wrote: Works perfect so far, to bad Vevo is limited for my country (NL).
Yes, this limitation and geoblocking is really annoying.
Few months ago it wasn't available here for me in germany at all.

(2013-11-20, 13:59)fastcolors Wrote: Great work!

Only Issue I found is shuffle not shuffling Wink

custom mode > (genre) > All (shuffled)

always gives the same sequence of videos in the same order...
Shuffle should shuffle - You're right! Wink
The category "All (shuffled)" gets random videos from VEVO. For all other categories, my addon does the shuffling.
VEVO servers are caching the random search requests (for some time), so you get the same random videos like before.
I now added a pseudo random parameter to the search queries, so that you will always get new random videos...

(2013-11-20, 14:14)fastcolors Wrote: don't know if you're interested in converting strings.xml into strings.po for easier translation but just in case I did the english source...

HERE it is. Wink
Thanks. I was too lacy to read into this .po & Transifex stuff!
But maybe it's time to start using them instead of xml files.
Great Great Great!

tested and works fine.

Thanks.

let me know if you go transifex... I'll be happy to translate it.
Image Image
(2013-11-20, 02:04)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2013-11-19, 18:58)danmedhurst Wrote: Awesome.. Is there anyway for it to display the track it's playing on the screen at the start?
- InfoView (I only found the id for the info view with player controls ('enter'). If anybody knows the id without the controls ('i'), please let me know)
- Notification

The official VEVO TV channels are single streams, so it would be a bit tricky to implement:
I had to add a service script which is running all time in the background and gets the info from the server. But the problem would be that i dont want to make too frequent requests. So, for example, if i check for the info every minute, the info could not be displayed at the beginning (worst case: one minute). So i dont think i will implement it for the official channels...

Brill will give it a go.. I only use the custom ones as the others aren't available in my country Smile

(2013-11-24, 14:02)danmedhurst Wrote:
(2013-11-20, 02:04)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
- Notification

Brill will give it a go.. I only use the custom ones as the others aren't available in my country Smile

I've just updated and tried it.. I'm using the Custom > Pop > Top 200 stream.. No info is displayed eitehr when starting the stream, skipping a track or letting it load the next track.. is it an option i need to turn on?

EDIT : I found the setting Smile Infoview doesn't seem to show me anything (but that could be my skin - Amber) the notification is perfect though.. Thank you! The wife and kids love this scirpt!
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] VEVO TV - Watch music videos 24/70