Android Video appears blocky/pixelated on ATV1200 via HDMI
So i've encountered this issue before with my PC and it was fixed by changing one simple setting. I don't remember what it was.

But regardless, I'm totally new to android.

What it looks like is like it's oversaturated or something, and the textures of skins, for example, look blocky rather than anti-aliased and color separated properly. It's almost like its over digitized, it some odd manner.

The strange thing is as I was trying to upgrade the box there was one time when videos looked perfect. But it wasn't a setting I changed or anything, it just worked. And the difference is very, very visual.

I don't think it's specifically an XBMC issue as I did the test on the same two youtube videos and the quality is night and day (both HD).

However, the audio was not working so I re-updated the box and since then have been unable to reproduce those perfect renderings. Now, without fail, in 1080p/i or 720p it just looks horrid.

Any ideas?

Now I remember - I switched the video renderer to haali or something.

However in android this issue is in the youtube app as well as XBMC.

The best way to try to explain the issue is:

In really high quality videos it seems to make textures look "finger painted"

And low quality videos just look horrible - like, pixelated, noise, all that.
Could it be XBMC and not android even affecting YouTube playback?

Like, at some point i think I may have tried to install the Pios version of XBMC and that "may" have fixed the issue but I think i tried that and it didn't. But it could be the supposed hardware acceleration that is the culprit.

The thing is, how would installing XBMC affect youtube playback? A codec thing?

I really ant to fix this because it is very annoying.
Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when this happens?
I don't think it's a bug, persay. I mean, everything works fine and video is not choppy, but the quality itself is just slightly pixelated and it feels like it is not sufficiently anti-aliased.

I tried installing the pivos adk but this made no difference.

I think it is something to do with how the OS is rendering video. In windows this issue has happened when I was using VM9 or something as the renderer, but I don't know how to change that in android.

Like, in android, are there video card drivers? Is there a way to change it, or tweak it, or alter the settings?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video appears blocky/pixelated on ATV1200 via HDMI0