Win Blu ray VC1 format playback issue
You could also try these settings for Intel Graphics to see if it makes any difference, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1593791 see Post #27
Thanks for the pointer but I don't find the same (using the latest drivers 15.33.8.64.3345).

1080p VC1 playable with software render
1080i VC1 unplayable
No Dice either. That being said, I didn't even have interlacing on, and turning it on didn't do anything.
After doing some more tests, I'm pretty certain that the choppy playback of 1080i VC1 files is a limitation of XMBC (ffmpeg?) and NOT the Intel drivers.

I installed XBMC (latest Gotham) and TMT6 on two computers, my HTPC (HD4600 graphics) and a more powerful machine with a Nvidia graphics card. TMT6 played the 1080i VC1 files perfectly on both machines while through XBMC, playback was jerky on both.

I'm going to try and set up TMPT6 as an external player just for files with VC1 in the name (if I can work out the code that is)
Is there a version of gotham with a higher ffmpeg version that addresses VC1 problems?
(2014-01-10, 21:54)MadScientist Wrote: After doing some more tests, I'm pretty certain that the choppy playback of 1080i VC1 files is a limitation of XMBC (ffmpeg?) and NOT the Intel drivers.

I installed XBMC (latest Gotham) and TMT6 on two computers, my HTPC (HD4600 graphics) and a more powerful machine with a Nvidia graphics card. TMT6 played the 1080i VC1 files perfectly on both machines while through XBMC, playback was jerky on both.

I'm going to try and set up TMPT6 as an external player just for files with VC1 in the name (if I can work out the code that is)
Do you have VC1 file I can try it on my PC's? I have several PC's with HD4000 and a couple PC's with AMD and Nvidia graphic cards. I don't have the choppy issue you are describing on XBMC...
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Hi bluray

Sending you something that hasn't been screwed up is the hard part. Everything I have done to these files so far has had an impact on the playback quality. MakeMKV does the best job but there are obvious, occasional dropped frames in the playback via TMT6. If I try and cut the files (e.g. Avidemux) things go from bad to significantly worse. The only fluent payback I have achieved is via the ISO image in TMT6. I've sent you a pm.
Hi,

Any further word in this with the Gotham RCs?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blu ray VC1 format playback issue0