Win Blu ray VC1 format playback issue
DXVA for VC-1 in Intel GPUs is always buggy. However, it does work with decoders such as ArcSoft Video Decoder and Cyberlink Video Decoder (PDVD12).
(2014-01-05, 19:14)MadScientist Wrote: Thanks. Perhaps not solely a Haswell issue then?

Not haswell. I see this problem on a 2011 MBP and a 2012 Mac Mini. Both predate haswell.
TMT6 also has problems playing the 1080i VC1 MKV files on my HTPC so not solely an XBMC issue. I currently looking at transcoding options but so far have not been able to eliminate judder completely
(2014-01-05, 22:04)MadScientist Wrote: TMT6 also has problems playing the 1080i VC1 MKV files on my HTPC so not solely an XBMC issue. I currently looking at transcoding options but so far have not been able to eliminate judder completely

I think we just have to wait for XBMC to implement FFmpeg updates the way mplayer has for the VC1 problems to go away.
Is an out of date FFmpeg definately the issue? Can any of the developers confirm this?
This is a problem with intel driver. I also have the same problem in my intel laptop, where as the files play without any problem in AMD htpc.
It would appear to be at least part of the problem. I'm currently having fun trying to work out (a) the best program to use for transcoding, (b) optimal settings for a given program which are far from intuitive. Currently experimenting with Hybrid
Intel GPU's & drivers from Ivy Bridge onwards should be ok.

Any issues on Ivy Bridge or Haswell is most likely down to ffmpeg version, this can be checked with ffplay from ffmpeg.
Sorry, probably being really dumb here, but I thought ffmpeg came as part of XBMC (and hence the current version should be known)?
Yes ffmpeg comes with XBMC, the version is updated (bumped) early in each release cycle as updating is as lot of work and there's a lot of scope for breakage. Frodo uses v0.10.2 and Gotham uses v1.2 however since ffmpeg was bumped back in March, ffmpeg is now up to v2.1.

The ffmpeg library can be downloaded independently and comes with a basic player ffplay for test purposes. So if you ever want to know if something is the fault of ffmpeg, download the version XBMC uses and test to verify it's an ffmpeg issue, then download the latest available version, and that will tell you if it's fixed in ffmpeg and so will likely be fixed the next time the ffmpeg library is bumped in XBMC.
Thanks, I'll have a play.
Intel driver has indeed problems with vc1 interlaced. Shows blocking artifacts on Windows and even crashes on Linux.
Is this something that we'd need to consult with Intel about to get fixed then? @MadScentist did you ever test it? I'm thinking I'm about to do it.
I haven't got round to it yet and probably won't for a couple of weeks (lots of post xmas work issues to deal with). Please do go ahead and please report your findings
(2014-01-06, 22:45)FernetMenta Wrote: Intel driver has indeed problems with vc1 interlaced. Shows blocking artifacts on Windows and even crashes on Linux.

Ah sorry, I was sure I read somewhere the driver issues had been sorted from Ivy Bridge onwards.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blu ray VC1 format playback issue0