Solutions for playing Amazon Unbox DRM videos in XBMC?
I did searching and could not find a solution. Other than not downloading DRM videos, which is really not an option for me because I want my Walking Dead. Are there any solutions for playing DRM videos in XBMC? Specifically those from Amazon Unbox? It is very annoying to have to exit XBMC to watch the Unbox videos.

My OS is Windows 7.
Use Advanced Launcher to open a web browser to the site from within XBMC? When done, close the web browser and XBMC should be restored.
Sorry I should have been more clear. These are WMV files that I download from Amazon through the UnBox Download manager. Apparently they are encrypted with DRM so they only play in the Media Center player, Unbox play and the will alos play in Real Player.
I added something to playercorefactory.xml to play WMV files in Windows media player (which will play those encrypted WMV files). This isn't a necessarily "easy" solution, as you also have to have some way to map some keyboard commands to your remote to be able to control Windows media player. But here's the playercorefactory.xml entries:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="Windows Media Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\CustomApps\XBMCWMPFull.exe</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
            <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
            <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
            <playcountminimumtime>1500</playcountminimumtime>
        </player>
    </players>
    <rules name="Custom" action="prepend">
        <rule name="DRMWMV" filetypes="wmv" player="Windows Media Player" />
    </rules>
</playercorefactory>

The app the playercorefactory.xml calls is a little AutoIt script that quits XBMC (that's what's in libQuitAll.au3 that isn't included) and then plays the file fullscreen in Windows media center.

Code:
#include <libQuitAll.au3>

quitAll()
MouseClick ("primary", 0, 40)
$cmd = '"C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" '  & '"' & $CmdLine[1] & '" /fullscreen'
Run ($cmd)
WinWaitActive ("Windows Media Player")
WinActivate ("Windows Media Player")

Then when I hit STOP on the remote, another AutoIt script quits Windows media center and relaunches XBMC.
Wow this is great. Thanks a lot. I'll give this a try later this week.

Remote won't be an issue since I usually have a keyboard around. It will be a heck of a lot easier than exiting xbmc and finding the file in the os.
Finally had a chance to look at this. Where do I get libquitall,au3?
Never mind figured it out. I used ProcessClose("xbmc.exe") instead.

Now I need to figure a way to load xbmc when Media player exits.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Solutions for playing Amazon Unbox DRM videos in XBMC?0