OS X Compiling on OS X 10.9 Mavericks
Hi All,

I'm curious if anyone has successfully built xbmc on Mavericks (os X 10.9). I tried today using the git repo (up to commit cca24dd2).

I managed to get through the compilation only to have a linker error kill the process.

compile command:
Code:
xcodebuild -configuration Release ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH=YES ARCHS=x86_64 VALID_ARCHS=x86_64 -target "XBMC.app" -project XBMC.xcodeproj

final result:
Code:
ld: library not found for -lavdevice
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

My setup : Mac OS X 10.9, Macbook Pro 5,1, Xcode 5.0.2, 64-bit target xbmc.app
you missed "make xcode_depends"
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks Memphiz, but that's not it. I followed the instructions here to the letter.

I'll run the make steps under 4a again and take a closer look at the output.

here is the tail of the output from make xcode_depends.

Code:
[100%] Building C object CMakeFiles/projectM.dir/stb_image_aug.c.o
Linking CXX shared library libprojectM.dylib
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-fheinous-gnu-extensions'
[100%] Built target projectM
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++  -O2 -fheinous-gnu-extensions -no-cpp-precomp -no-integrated-as -arch x86_64 -mmacosx-version-min=10.6  -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk -isystem /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/macosx10.9_x86_64-target/include -fheinous-gnu-extensions -no-cpp-precomp -no-integrated-as -arch x86_64 -mmacosx-version-min=10.6  -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk -isystem /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/macosx10.9_x86_64-target/include -O3  -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -L/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/macosx10.9_x86_64-target/lib -Wl,-search_paths_first -arch x86_64 -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk    -Wl,-alias_list,/Users/crud/dev/xbmc/xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/wrapper_mach_alias \
        -bundle -undefined dynamic_lookup -read_only_relocs suppress -o /Users/crud/dev/xbmc/addons/visualization.projectm/projectM.vis \
         /Users/crud/dev/xbmc/xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/wrapper.o ./libprojectM/CMakeFiles/projectM.dir/*.o Main.o    
ld: warning: -read_only_relocs cannot be used with x86_64
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make /Users/crud/dev/xbmc/addons/visualization.projectm/resources/presets.zip
make[2]: `/Users/crud/dev/xbmc/addons/visualization.projectm/resources/presets.zip' is up to date.
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C xbmc/screensavers/rsxs-0.9/xbmc
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C ..
make[2]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [..] Error 2
make: *** [xbmc/screensavers/rsxs-0.9/xbmc] Error 2
Failing at rsxs is a known issue. Just make sure you run make xcode_depends enough so that everything else is built (order and -j 5 etc. may mean it will bail earlier than it should otherwise).

Once done, the xcode build step should be fine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

That worked. Thanks a bunch.
@jm rsxs should have been fixed with

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/444d...27bf71e251

i thought. I compile xbmc on 10.9 without issues atm.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Could well be - been a while since I built xcode_depends Smile

(It was an issue on 10.8 as well - at least I'm still on 10.8)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

rsxs was fixed a bit back, I also have zero problems compiling under 10.9.
rsxs is causing me issues. i'm seeing
Code:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C xbmc/visualizations/OpenGLSpectrum
make[1]: `/Users/garrett/Documents/xbmc/addons/visualization.glspectrum/opengl_spectrum.vis' is up to date.
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C xbmc/visualizations/WaveForm
make[1]: `/Users/garrett/Documents/xbmc/addons/visualization.waveform/Waveform.vis' is up to date.
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C xbmc/visualizations/fishBMC
make[1]: `/Users/garrett/Documents/xbmc/addons/visualization.fishbmc/fishbmc.vis' is up to date.
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C xbmc/visualizations/XBMCProjectM
make[1]: `/Users/garrett/Documents/xbmc/addons/visualization.projectm/projectM.vis' is up to date.
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C xbmc/screensavers/rsxs-0.9/xbmc
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C ..
make[2]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [..] Error 2
make: *** [xbmc/screensavers/rsxs-0.9/xbmc] Error 2

make with multiple jobs and the -k flag was able to finish the other targets, so xbmc still compiles and runs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compiling on OS X 10.9 Mavericks0