Severe menu lag
Exclamation 
I'm getting laggy UI, specifically when scrolling through the movie and tv libraries using TriPanel view. I have an AMD 5450 graphics card and I've tried 13.9 and 13.11 beta drivers, but it didn't help. Tried to install 12.10 drivers since those are the ones that AMD users have the most luck with, but 12.10 is not compatible with Windows 8.1 and it won't even start XBMC or play any video using MPC-HC.

For some reason, I am able to fix the lag by using

Code:
<allowd3d9ex>false</allowd3d9ex>

It makes scrolling and loading of fanart silky smooth. However, this causes XBMC to freeze and go black if I switch out to the desktop and back while a video is playing, or if I launch an external player. I have to reboot Windows because the whole screen is black and there is no way to bring up the task manager to kill XBMC. Is anyone else having the same lag on newer AMD drivers, and if so what if anything have you done to fix it?

I don't understand why using <allowd3d9ex>false</allowd3d9ex> completely removes the lag. Since it causes Windows to crash that's not really a valid fix at the moment. I don't remember having this problem before I upgraded to Windows 8.1, at least not as bad as it is now.
I'm experiencing the exact same issue.

Everything else runs fine. However - allowd3d9ex to false is not really fixing the problem over here. Tried with a bunch of different drivers as well.

The amount of FPS however _seems_ to be fine - around 50-60 frames are displayed per second, so it has to be something else.
Tried this also with a bunch of different XBMC versions, including stable Frodo and a few releases of Gotham.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Severe menu lag0