iMac G3 PPC not loading XBMC
Sad 
Hi there,

As my username suggests I am a complete newbie (great start, half of you just click off this page!) but I am stumped. I want to keep my classic graphite iMac G3 as a jukebox (it's not useful for much else these days but I really want to keep it)....anyway....i've noticed today (after some considerable usage) that (when I finally stumbled across this fantastic application and it's brilliant community) when I click to load the application....it shows up in the centre of the screen like a flash...and then does nothing. It doesn't load.

I'm a newbie, any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe
Hello again...

Well after using a dictionary (you guys like big words, don't you?) and a bit more searching I have discovered (and this is in no way a complaint, more an observation) that XMBC will work on PPC as described....just not G3 PPC.....so that's my iMac Jukebox dead in the water....unless some kind person would like to recommend a way I can do this? Perhaps....XMBC that allows AirPlay and will work on G3Huh

I haven't got a clue about coding or any of that, i'm really an end-user in this respect. I imagine it must be an insanely difficult task to do, so I doubt anyone would be willing to help? I've seen i'm not the only one using these G3 iMacs as jukeboxes....it'd be nice if we had a modern solution for an old machine like that....

That would be nice as i've just got iTunes 9.2 working on my G3....pppppllllllleeeeeeaaaasssssseeeeee Big Grin

P.s would XMBC 10.1 (that has airplay) work on a G3? I'm just looking at earlier versions....it just says ppc....not G3 or G4
Pretty sure we require at least a G4. You could use the G3 as a remote to XBMC via a web interface (wiki), but that's about it (for XBMC, that is).
Awwwwww: .( does anyone know of any program's that will allow me to do that? That will work on a G3 iMac?!? I can get Apple's iOS remote working but that's not what I am after

I want to send my music from my iPhone to the imac's speakers....preferences for free/open source please! I know AirServer is an option - but that's flipping expensive!!!!
I wish some clever developer could tweak something to make XMBC run on a G3...
What version of OS X do you have on it? You'll also need at least Tiger (10.4)
I have tiger 10.4.11. My fault, I thought I'd put that I'm on tiger. It's PPC (G3 Not G4).
Hmm.. No new response on this. I just had the sudden thought of digging mine out of the basement for this purpose but forget what problem I ran into while trying to install this before. Updated it as far as G3 would allow, I just can't remember what specs held me back. Possibly mhz or (as stated above) that the G3 just simply won't run it although I'm pretty sure last time I ttied it was pre-Frodo. Mine is the red colored shell with cd (not dvd) drive only. I may have to dig it out today and find out what the limitation was.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iMac G3 PPC not loading XBMC0