EPG - 'Missing' Channels When Not Broadcasting?
I'm fairly new to Tvheadend but must say im very impressed with how well its all worked setting everything up after a few nightmare attempts with MythTV. However, I have one niggle with the EPG that hopefully someone can help with.

I'm using old Sky dish to pickup Freesat in the UK and everything has scanned in fine. But if I boot the HTPC at a time when certain channels aren't broadcasting (specifically BBC Four / Three) it will not show anything in the EPG for these, although they are listed in the channel list. I'm assuming this is something to do with it not broadcasting and not having any 'event' to pick up and show as later in the night it will magically appear. This makes sense I guess but is there any way to force it to show in the EPG?

Im one of those annoying people that still sometimes turns boxes off and if I come home early evening and want to record something later on on that channel I can't select it in XBMC to setup the recording. Is there any way to force this or will I have to just wait for it to be picked up one night and constantly leave the box on? I have both OTA UK Freesat and DVB EIT grabber selected in TVheadend.

Its a fairly new build box at the moment and im still getting ontop of settings for power saving and standby etc plus couple with being away from home a few days at a time I don't really want to leave it on 24/7 just yet.
You mean they are missing in the timeline?

Then yes, if there is no epg data for a channel, then they wont show up in the timeline view, but they do still show up in the channel list view.

+1 for wishing that you could force all channels to show up in timeline view, regardless if they have epg info or not!

Br
Patric
Do you see any EPG data in tvheadend's web interface?
(2013-11-22, 09:33)mrpg Wrote: You mean they are missing in the timeline?

Then yes, if there is no epg data for a channel, then they wont show up in the timeline view, but they do still show up in the channel list view.

+1 for wishing that you could force all channels to show up in timeline view, regardless if they have epg info or not!

Br
Patric

Indeed they do show up in the channel list in both the TVheadend backend and XBMC frontend but just not in the EPG timeline. I guessed it was because they were not broadcasting but as you say its a pain. It means you can't setup a recording (unless im missing something) in XBMC and would have to drop out into the backend and setup recording based on times etc rather than simply clicking a program and record.

(2013-11-22, 11:14)negge Wrote: Do you see any EPG data in tvheadend's web interface?

No. The channels are missing from EPG section in the backend to, although they are listed and mapped. They will appear once they start broadcasting but just makes future recording a pain.
Just an update to this. The EPG seems to have sorted itself out and is now picking up channels at any time of the day even if they are not currently broadcasting at HTPC startup time.

I'm thinking the problem was with me and driver error. Possibly changing the EPG settings in Tvheadend backend too much and not giving it time to sort itself out and pull the channel data required before I messed around with it again and tried a different setting / EPG scraper? Can't be sure its that but if there is something not working its usually more than likely something I did!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG - 'Missing' Channels When Not Broadcasting?0