• 54(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
On Linux the remote is not working by default. You have to do it yourself.

See my fork for details
https://github.com/pellcorp/plugin.video.netflixbmc
(2014-09-17, 20:33)2Flower Wrote: Having a strange problem. I've searched this entire thread but haven't found anyone else having it.

I've got the add-on installed and working with Chrome on my Windows system. I can use my Logitech Harmony remote to play, pause, skip ahead, skip back... but I can't QUIT the playback. The "Back" button does nothing. The only way to stop it is by hitting Numpad-0 on my keyboard (the default exit key).

I tried the "Control Utility" but clicking the button does absolutely nothing. No editor launches, nothing happens.

How do I manually edit the default keys to reassign them to the basic MCE remote keys instead?
Are you sure the control utility doesn't pop up behind xbmc? It's a separate windows program

It works fine for me, I mapped exit to the stop button on my remote
Nope, didn't pop up behind it. Button basically does nothing.

However -- I noticed one of the default keys for playback was "Map Keys" on the Decimal of the numpad. So while actually watching a video, I tapped it, and the config menu popped up! I was able to add the back button here. Couldn't change play/pause to map it to the remote's play and pause buttons, but I'll take what I can get.
Please help, I need Netflix for my xbmc on android platform. I am using minix neo 8th. Thank
Hey,
Netflix is finally available here in Germany! Big Grin
So I fixed/changed a lot. The HTML5 Player is now used. It was mainly necessary because of the forced PIN protection for FSK18 videos in germany - which could not be deactivated.
Entering the PIN via the Silverlight player was not possible in fullscreen mode via remote. So I had to switch to the HTML5 Player. Of course, this also has some other advantages.
The best things are: Playback is starting much faster, 1080p is supported and it's natively working without Silverlight (Wine/Pipelight)...

But - IMPORTANT: Chrome >=38 is required for NetfliXBMC >=1.3.0 on all platforms for playback. Currently only available as beta. Under Win 8.1 it's also possible to use IExplorer. Linux users may need to update libnss (Example for Ubuntu 14.04 - 14.10 users don't need to do anything). A UserAgent-Switcher addon for Chrome is NOT necessary.

NetfliXBMC v1.3.0:
- Fixed "Next page" listing
- Fixed/changed "Viewing Activity"
- Fixed/changed TV genre listing
- Various other bugfixes
- Added german translations
- Added main category: "Suggestions"
- Added progress dialog for listing videos
- Added context menus for browsing similar movies/tvshows
- Changed UserAgent (native support on Linux systems without wine/pipelight)
- Switched to HTML5 Player: Chrome >=38 required (Win/OSX/Linux)

A short playback demo video is available here. Using a MCERemote under Windows.
Please let me know if everything is working fine for you...
Hello !
Thanks AddonScriptorDE for the update ! glad to see that you are very reactive since netflix is available in europe (happy french user here ! Big Grin )
But i'm wondering how do you go back into xbmc when you're watching a video? i tried to escape but it only stopped the kiosk mode... :x (so got back into Windows desktop.)

Btw since the video player is all full html5 is it not possible to integrate it directly into xbmc ? (i dunno how xbmc work since it's in python.) Because i saw on xbmc that there is some web browser plugin so i'm just wondering if there is a way to do that ;p

Thanks !
(2014-09-18, 17:32)itsmyworld18200 Wrote: Please help, I need Netflix for my xbmc on android platform. I am using minix neo 8th. Thank
So the question is will it work on Android?

I was planning on asking the same question but was searching to make sure it hadn't already been answered. I searched the thread thoroughly and I only found posts indicating it would NOT work on Android. I am running on Outs so found one other series of posts discussing it. To gather it all in one place I pasted it below. Unfortunately it never really answered the question. Anyway, here it go:

[quote uid=169955 name="hstegeman" post=1599773 timestamp=1389683484][quote uid=137492 name="locoguano" post=1599296 timestamp=1389638317]Any way to get this to launch Chrome or Dolphin on Android?
<br /> [/quote]
Why would you? Don't you make use of the official netflix app?<br />
<br />
I like everything in one library... If I can export from an Netflix addon to do that, I'd prefer it. This is why I am using PlayOn right now with my Ouya. Its far from ideal, but everything is in one place.<br/>[/quote]

If anyone can provide a conclusive answer to wether this add-on works on Android it is much appreciated. I hate to say it but my trusty Magic Eightball reads 'ALL SIGNS POINT TO NO'.
(2014-09-18, 23:36)Keizo_Nishi Wrote: Hello !
Thanks AddonScriptorDE for the update ! glad to see that you are very reactive since netflix is available in europe (happy french user here ! Big Grin )
But i'm wondering how do you go back into xbmc when you're watching a video? i tried to escape but it only stopped the kiosk mode... :x (so got back into Windows desktop.)
If you are using Windows, you can map a key to stop/exit playback via the control utility. If using Linux/OSX, you have to use an external tool for that.

(2014-09-18, 23:36)Keizo_Nishi Wrote: Btw since the video player is all full html5 is it not possible to integrate it directly into xbmc ? (i dunno how xbmc work since it's in python.) Because i saw on xbmc that there is some web browser plugin so i'm just wondering if there is a way to do that ;p
XBMC is not able to display html5 content, so a browser is still required. Sorry...

(2014-09-18, 17:32)itsmyworld18200 Wrote: Please help, I need Netflix for my xbmc on android platform. I am using minix neo 8th. Thank
(2014-09-19, 00:01)S7eele Wrote: If anyone can provide a conclusive answer to wether this add-on works on Android it is much appreciated. I hate to say it but my trusty Magic Eightball reads 'ALL SIGNS POINT TO NO'.
Afaik: No, it does not work. The current version of NetfliXBMC requires "normal" Chrome >=38 with HTML5 DRM support...
Thx, that was really quick. I'm still getting used to tapatalk so was editing my msg when u replied. Blush

Not gonna quit hoping, it sounds awesome.
Thanks for the update, especially adding the User Agent string for Linux users and HTML5.

Just to let you know, your addon works with Chrome 37 stable in Ubuntu 14.04. Of course you need the libnss files in 14.04.
Nice Smile Hope I get it to work this time. Just to be sure: It should work on Helix or is this currently not supported? Thanks a ton!
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

*edit* nevermind, I asked the exact same question as a few posts above. I should read before I post.

Thanks for the awesome update. Our country also just got Netflix, and I was a bit bummed about having to add Wine to my "clean" XBMCbuntu installation.
Using XBMCbuntu on Intel NUC DN2820FYKH
The latest version I'm seeing on the repo is 1.29 - am i missing something?
(2014-09-19, 04:03)jawilljr Wrote: Just to let you know, your addon works with Chrome 37 stable in Ubuntu 14.04. Of course you need the libnss files in 14.04.
Thanks for your feedback. Also nice to hear that v37 is working too. I only found info about Chrome >=38, so I'll leave it as required.

(2014-09-19, 10:06)HenryFord Wrote: Nice Smile Hope I get it to work this time. Just to be sure: It should work on Helix or is this currently not supported? Thanks a ton!
Not tested - but it should work on helix. At least I hope so.

(2014-09-19, 12:43)tdw197 Wrote: The latest version I'm seeing on the repo is 1.29 - am i missing something?
Sorry, my fault. I forgot to update addons.xml. v1.3.0 should now be available...
(2014-09-19, 13:09)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2014-09-19, 10:06)HenryFord Wrote: Nice Smile Hope I get it to work this time. Just to be sure: It should work on Helix or is this currently not supported? Thanks a ton!
Not tested - but it should work on helix. At least I hope so.
Okay, after my tests:
The addon itself works, I just have to disable "Get covers & fanart images from TVDB" as this breaks the addon. If I enable this option, the addon gets stuck on "Loading metadata" - If I cancel this, Kodi crashes completely.

Also Chrome does not open in Kiosk-Mode nor in Fullscreen, but I can live with that.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

• 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7