• 22(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
for those with the screen opening in the top left corner --
the mouse is there, it's just WAY DOWN in the bottom right of the screen.

if you keep scrolling your mouse towards the TOP LEFT, it should eventually show up... at least that's what i've been doing.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2014-01-27, 23:32)tdw197 Wrote: The control utility no longer seems to work with IE in the latest version - wa working perfectly before new version.

Ive never been able to use chrome as it either starts minimised or not in full screen, ie was perfect.

Edit - closing command actually does something in that it returns focus to xbmc, but it foes not close the browser window, could it be rated to the new full screen Silverlight option?

Any ideas on this? Is it possible to get a copy of the previous version so I can roll back.
(2014-01-28, 22:38)tdw197 Wrote: Any ideas on this? Is it possible to get a copy of the previous version so I can roll back.

Do you use Windows 7 or 8? And do you use the "previous versions" function which keeps old versions of files and folders? This is how I reverted to the old version. Unfortunately, I have to do it regularly, since XBMC keeps updating plugins automatically. But I guess this will be temporary, since newer versions will hopefully solve most of the issues...
I use windows 7. I haven't had to mess with addons for a long time, where is the previous versions function?

You can switch of auto update of plugins though - wish I'd done this earlier!
It should be somewhere in the context menu when you right click on the plugin folder (typically C:\Users\<your account>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc). If it isn't, you probably don't have the function enabled (I'm not sure but it could be that it's only available when you make automatic backups in Windows).
(2014-01-28, 23:06)mvzut Wrote: It should be somewhere in the context menu when you right click on the plugin folder (typically C:\Users\<your account>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc). If it isn't, you probably don't have the function enabled (I'm not sure but it could be that it's only available when you make automatic backups in Windows).

Ah ok, didn't realise it was a windows function, thought it might be in xbmc.
I live in Argentina and after installing the plugin on a win7 machine (frustrated about never being able to use netflix on my ubuntu machine) I cant get the add on to work

Im getting the JSON object not decoded

here is my log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=118726
and the mouseover in spanish says: minutos
I'm loving this plugin, but I've encountered a problem. I can't make any searches. No matter what I type into the search the results page is empty.

Running Windows 8 with XBMC 12.2
Any chance we could get a setting to specify where to save the stream files. I have all my media on a server and would like the stream files there, too. This would also allow files from other plugins (like Amazon Prime) to be in the same place. I currently edit the default.py file with the location I want, but that gets wiped out when a new update comes along.

Thanks
v1.2.5:
- Fixed problems for non US users

Also, good news about controlling netflix via webinterface/app. Got it working. When i find some time next days, i will release a first version.

(2014-01-27, 03:58)tommyc Wrote: Im in canada using a dns service to access us/uk netflix and had similar symptoms. I tried various plugin setting without much luck but I think I found a solution by digging into the default.py file. in the function getSeriesInfo there's a line of code (line 323)
EDIT - two quick addendums
1) Its probably better to edit the locale file and/or set the country variable manually instead of hardcoding the value on the specific line.
2) I should mention that I've only tested this briefly and Im not very familiar with the technical side of netflix or xbmc/plugins so I cant say if this will break anything else.
Thanks. I already suspected this. Netflix seems to identify the correct country.
I now changed it, so that the locale file only gets written once. So to all having problems with dns/vpn and episode listing, edit this file:
".../XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflixbmc/locale"

(2014-01-27, 08:31)mvzut Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 23:43)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: I guess this is related to the changes with movie/tvshow detection.
Are you living outside the US? If so, please send me the translation for the length (minutes) when you mouseover on some movie on netflix.

Yes, I live in the Netherlands. The length of a movie in the mouse-over info screen is shown in "minuten" in Dutch. Hope this fixes it!
(2014-01-29, 03:34)taladro Wrote: I live in Argentina and after installing the plugin on a win7 machine (frustrated about never being able to use netflix on my ubuntu machine) I cant get the add on to work

Im getting the JSON object not decoded

here is my log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=118726
and the mouseover in spanish says: minutos
Thank you both. I also just saw that i can change the language myself. Wink Should now be working for all languages...

(2014-01-27, 14:00)GrantXP Wrote:
(2014-01-27, 08:31)mvzut Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 23:43)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: I guess this is related to the changes with movie/tvshow detection.
Are you living outside the US? If so, please send me the translation for the length (minutes) when you mouseover on some movie on netflix.

Yes, I live in the Netherlands. The length of a movie in the mouse-over info screen is shown in "minuten" in Dutch. Hope this fixes it!

Does this fix the VPN issues. I have the same issues that nothing launches if I use US VPN from the UK. The content displays fine but I can't play anything. Had the issue a while now.
Nope. Have a look at the beginning of this post and please let me know if it works for you...

(2014-01-27, 20:59)cgrey Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 02:48)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2014-01-11, 06:13)cgrey Wrote: Awesome plugin - thanks for all your effort.

Am I the only one experiencing this? No matter what I search for (using the search function), I get "no results found". I've tried search for movies and tv shows that I know for sure exist, both full and partial titles - for example "Top" and "Top Gear" both return no results, while Top Gear is definitely a show on Netflix. Same with "House" or "House of Cards" - just two examples.

Mmm, working fine here. Are you living outside the US?

Nope, I'm in the US. Otherwise, this fantastic plugin seems to be working perfectly for me.

Aeon Nox skin, if it matters...
(2014-01-30, 00:18)japzone Wrote: I'm loving this plugin, but I've encountered a problem. I can't make any searches. No matter what I type into the search the results page is empty.

Running Windows 8 with XBMC 12.2
Mmm. Now reported multiple times. When i find some time, i will try to find a solution for this.

(2014-01-27, 23:32)tdw197 Wrote: The control utility no longer seems to work with IE in the latest version - wa working perfectly before new version.

Ive never been able to use chrome as it either starts minimised or not in full screen, ie was perfect.

Edit - closing command actually does something in that it returns focus to xbmc, but it foes not close the browser window, could it be rated to the new full screen Silverlight option?
Mmm, please try the current version again. Also, i would suggest you to try Chrome again. If you have problems with it, activate the "Use own user profile" setting in Chrome Launcher.

(2014-01-28, 06:17)walnut100 Wrote: Hey guys, few questions

A) When I run a Netflix stream file in a playlist and the next item is local media, XBMC automatically plays the local media so I get both Netflix and XBMC running at the same time, is there any way to make it wait for Chrome to close before playing the next item?
B) Is there a way for Chrome to automatically close itself upon completion of a video?
C) Has anybody managed to get a 360 controller working for Netflix functions? Adding support would be awesome

Thanks for any help in advance
A) Sorry, but i think there is no clean solution to fix this.
B) No. You would need to write your own script to do this.
C) I would need to implement support for it. But i have no 360 controller.

(2014-01-28, 06:36)locomot1f Wrote: for those with the screen opening in the top left corner --
the mouse is there, it's just WAY DOWN in the bottom right of the screen.

if you keep scrolling your mouse towards the TOP LEFT, it should eventually show up... at least that's what i've been doing.
Could you explain this top left corner issue more? Never heard of it.
About the cursor position: You can change this. Win: Via Control Utility settings - Linux/OSX: By editing default.py (If wanted, i can add settings for this)

(2014-01-30, 00:30)jcato Wrote: Any chance we could get a setting to specify where to save the stream files. I have all my media on a server and would like the stream files there, too. This would also allow files from other plugins (like Amazon Prime) to be in the same place. I currently edit the default.py file with the location I want, but that gets wiped out when a new update comes along.

Thanks
Sure. I'll add it in the next version.
I got netflix working on my XBMCbuntu box (intel nuc, xbmcbuntu 12, chrome-browser/chomelauncher add-on) but its maxing out both CPUs; video and audio are choppy.
I'm guessing this is something common but i haven't been able to find the fix. can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance
I'm having some issues controlling netflix with a remote control.

Current config is win 7/xbmc frodo 12.2, running netflixbmc with ie (chrome loads, but always goes to a netflix home screen instead of loading a video - a problem for another day).

Video starts fine (with ie), and cursor disappears (netflixbmc_utility runs) but any key presses on the remote control pop back to xbmc. If I grab a mouse and highlight the screen, the first button press will control netflix, but the focus pops right back to xbmc, sending netflix to the background.

Remote control is a harmony remote running in standard mce remote mode. Receiver is IMON.

Anyone have any ideas on this issue? Would love to get it working!

Thanks!
Figured out the issue with chrome... it was my hola plugin. I forgot I had it installed. Disabled and tested, and video now works with chrome, but the same issue with the remote control is occuring.

I could probably have also fixed chrome by editing the
".../XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflixbmc/locale"
file, but hopping countries is far less important to me than getting this working with my remote! WAF and all that...
(2014-01-30, 03:03)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: v1.2.5:

Mmm, please try the current version again. Also, i would suggest you to try Chrome again. If you have problems with it, activate the "Use own user profile" setting in Chrome Launcher.

Hmm, tried chrome - with 'User own profile' enabled - it starts minimised, may occasionally pop up and then minimise itself again.

With this option not ticked I get full screen black screen, but I can hear Netflix audio...! Any ideas what we would cause this?
The update seems to have solved most problems for me. Thanks! The only issue that remains is that XBMC keeps saying "Cannot connect to remote server" when I exit a playing movie. But at least I can watch now.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7