• 39(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
(2014-04-14, 15:56)rmrende Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 22:28)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2014-04-12, 20:50)rmrende Wrote: Has anyone else had this problem?
Looks like you have problems with ssl. Are you using a proxy? If so, it must support ssl.

I am using a proxy, adfreetime. I am not sure if it supports SSL but will look into it. I will also test with this newer version and without using the proxy and report back with the progress.

Thanks!

I disabled the proxy and it worked. Looks like a great plugin! Anyone able to get it working using adfreetime?

Also, once in the browser I am trying to use my remote to control it but basically it just takes me out of XBMC and into the browser. I am using safari as it seems the newest version of Silverlight does not support chrome for OSX. You mention that I need cliclick, I downloaded it but am not really sure what needs to be done with it. I just want to be able with my remote to get back into XBMC after it takes me out.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Great plugin!
(2014-04-12, 20:50)rmrende Wrote:
(2014-04-11, 03:44)rmrende Wrote: I am getting "Could not connect to remote server" using both Frodo and Gothem Beta 3. I am running the newest OSX. I tried the recommendation above about changing the login URL. The error in the Xbmc logs is the same either way:

Quote:21:33:16 T:2953924608 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'urllib2.URLError'>
Error Contents: <urlopen error [Errno 8] _ssl.c:480: EOF occurred in violation of protocol>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/rmrende/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 771, in <module>
index()
File "/Users/rmrende/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 101, in index
if login():
File "/Users/rmrende/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 473, in login
content = opener.open("http://movies.netflix.com/Login").read()
File "/Applications/XBMC Frodo.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 397, in open
response = meth(req, response)
File "/Applications/XBMC Frodo.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 510, in http_response
'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
File "/Applications/XBMC Frodo.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 429, in error
result = self._call_chain(*args)
File "/Applications/XBMC Frodo.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 369, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "/Applications/XBMC Frodo.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 605, in http_error_302
return self.parent.open(new, timeout=req.timeout)
File "/Applications/XBMC Frodo.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 397, in open
response = meth(req, response)
File "/Applications/XBMC Frodo.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 510, in http_response
'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
File "/Applications/XBMC Frodo.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 429, in error
result = self._call_chain(*args)
File "/Applications/XBMC Frodo.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 369, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "/Applications/XBMC Frodo.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 605, in http_error_302
return self.parent.open(new, timeout=req.timeout)
File "/Applications/XBMC Frodo.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 391, in open
response = self._open(req, data)
File "/Applications/XBMC Frodo.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 409, in _open
'_open', req)
result = func(*args)
File "/Applications/XBMC Frodo.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 1169, in https_open
return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPSConnection, req)
File "/Applications/XBMC Frodo.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 1136, in do_open
raise URLError(err)
URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 8] _ssl.c:480: EOF occurred in violation of protocol>
-->End of Python script error report<--

Has anyone else had this problem?

I get this exact problem too after the update. Fortunately I had a backup of everything, copied 1.25 back and it works
I've been trying to do a search, however, I've been getting nothing back on the search results. Has any one have this issue?
HTPC: Apex MI-008 | Foxconn H67S | Celeron G530 | G.SKILL 4GB | Crucial 64 SSD| Arctic Cooling | PicoPSU-160-XT
(2014-04-11, 08:30)fgarcor Wrote: I may have a guess here, but my feeling is that Netflixbmc_utility is the one that provides the special keys to control the browser (play, stop, exit...). If you map your exit key let's say to "back" instead of alt+f4 the application should terminate the browser and the utility itself. I have the feeling that alt+f4 just closes the browser.

This fixed my problem, thank you very much!
Thanks for the advice about embed/not embed in browser, however the problem is still there (I've also just installed the new version 1.2.6).

The issue is running Mint 16 on an i5 Intel NUC, pipelight works fine when running in chrome - Netflix is all spot on. When I run the add-on in XBMC all the navigation works fine, movies etc load, I can scroll the progress bar and see the mini preview frames however it just won't play. The play/pause icon toggles, but no moving pictures or audio. Any ideas would be gratefully received.
Hello everybody and first let me say thank you so much for developping this add-on, it really is a game changer.
I just have one problem that is a bit annoying, I find the ability to add to the library absolutely amazing, but I haven't had any success in making it actually work so far, do you have any recommendation to make it work ?

Thanks
Hey.
Just wanted to say thanks! The addon works like a charm for me. I have total control over netflix with my Android phone. Awesome addon!
Stefan. Big Grin
(2014-04-16, 01:57)rmrende Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 15:56)rmrende Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 22:28)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: Looks like you have problems with ssl. Are you using a proxy? If so, it must support ssl.

I am using a proxy, adfreetime. I am not sure if it supports SSL but will look into it. I will also test with this newer version and without using the proxy and report back with the progress.

Thanks!

I disabled the proxy and it worked. Looks like a great plugin! Anyone able to get it working using adfreetime?

Also, once in the browser I am trying to use my remote to control it but basically it just takes me out of XBMC and into the browser. I am using safari as it seems the newest version of Silverlight does not support chrome for OSX. You mention that I need cliclick, I downloaded it but am not really sure what needs to be done with it. I just want to be able with my remote to get back into XBMC after it takes me out.

I was able to get my remote to work how I want it too without using CLICLICK. However the issue I am having is that silverlight decided to not support chrome on osx for their latest update. So if I use chrome every time it will show that the silverlight plugin is out of date and I can either update or run this time. I know chrome supports start up switches to make it so it doesn't check for updates but is there a way with chrome launcher to add these switches?

Also if anyone has gotten adfreetime proxy to work with this I would love to hear how.
(2014-04-19, 15:30)rmrende Wrote:
(2014-04-16, 01:57)rmrende Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 15:56)rmrende Wrote: I am using a proxy, adfreetime. I am not sure if it supports SSL but will look into it. I will also test with this newer version and without using the proxy and report back with the progress.

Thanks!

I was able to get my remote to work how I want it too without using CLICLICK. However the issue I am having is that silverlight decided to not support chrome on osx for their latest update. So if I use chrome every time it will show that the silverlight plugin is out of date and I can either update or run this time. I know chrome supports start up switches to make it so it doesn't check for updates but is there a way with chrome launcher to add these switches?

Also if anyone has gotten adfreetime proxy to work with this I would love to hear how.

Opened a ticket with adfreetime and it turns out they don't support ssl. Is there any other way to get this working?
New version is not showing up in repo yet
(2014-04-07, 02:32)Flyindog1 Wrote: Having trouble with the addon. Get message 'not logged on, restart addon"
Username and password are correct.
even have it saved as a website in Chrome Launcher (where it launches fine)

WHAT am I doing wrong??

Thanks in advance for any help.

(2014-03-17, 08:59)dt_matthews Wrote: [quote='AddonScriptorDE' pid='1640325' dateline='1393637253']
Hey,
first - sorry for the late reply. I'm just too busy last weeks.
Netflix changed some small thing on login, so the addon wasn't working for new users.
To fix this, change line 473 of default.py to:
Code:
content = opener.open("http://movies.netflix.com/Login").read()

I'll try to answer/solve the other questions/problems (and release an update) next week...

Greetings,
asde

OK, I just saw this post. THINK I have it workignow Confused

Thanks

How does one go about changing that?
Anyone else having issues with Pipelight on the latest beta build?
It looks like Chrome have removed support for the netscape based plugins that Pipelight needs on newer builds so could this be the problem?

Firefox is no good due to the full screen issue so should I roll back to an earlier chrome version, if so, anyone know the latest version that this works with?
Well installing an earlier version of Chrome sorted out the issue as hoped.
I'm curious about the state of these Netflix plugins... I wonder why we still have the silverlight limitations at this point and can't access the streams directly. I mean, there's an iPad app that doesn't use Silverlight, right? Wouldn't it be possible to attempt to spoof yourself as an iPad and try to identify the video sources that way, then play them directly in XBMC? Sorry if I'm oversimplifying things, I just don't understand the limitations at this point and why we don't have a Netflix plugin that plays directly in XBMC.
(2014-04-23, 01:45)SlyMaelstrom Wrote: I'm curious about the state of these Netflix plugins... I wonder why we still have the silverlight limitations at this point and can't access the streams directly. I mean, there's an iPad app that doesn't use Silverlight, right? Wouldn't it be possible to attempt to spoof yourself as an iPad and try to identify the video sources that way, then play them directly in XBMC? Sorry if I'm oversimplifying things, I just don't understand the limitations at this point and why we don't have a Netflix plugin that plays directly in XBMC.

Because the Android and iOS apps are created by Netflix and are closed source.
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7