[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Inofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
rodalpho Offline
Fan
(2014-08-18 13:24)JasonPell Wrote:  So all I was missing for a complete remote controlled experience was to start irxevent in my session with the lirc irvent config file mentioned earlier on this thread. I can pause and resume and exit the browser back to xbmc all without xbmc moving from the Netflix menu where I left it.

This rocks
Happy to help! I agree, it works really well now.
find quote
jadel Offline
(2014-08-12 22:54)Kr0nZ Wrote:  Awesome! So glad netflix is now working natively on Linux in HTML5.
The pipelight thing always caused me to have A LOT of video tearing, but so far with the html5 player I haven't noticed any.

In case anyone's interested these are the steps I took to get it working:
  • Download google chrome "unstable" (v38) from https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/?p...devchannel
  • If on ubuntu, or an ubuntu based system, You may need to update libnss3 to 3.16.3. Im on Mint 17 and I had to update it.
    * You can get the deb files from here *
  • Open up Chrome and install the 'User-Agent Switcher for Chrome' extension
  • Setup the extention to spoof the following User agent:
    Code:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2114.2 Safari/537.36

Nice, I wonder if this would be possible on openelec.

If I had that with remote control it would be great.
find quote
jdwilliams19 Offline
(2014-08-19 16:26)jadel Wrote:  
(2014-08-12 22:54)Kr0nZ Wrote:  Awesome! So glad netflix is now working natively on Linux in HTML5.
The pipelight thing always caused me to have A LOT of video tearing, but so far with the html5 player I haven't noticed any.

In case anyone's interested these are the steps I took to get it working:
  • Download google chrome "unstable" (v38) from https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/?p...devchannel
  • If on ubuntu, or an ubuntu based system, You may need to update libnss3 to 3.16.3. Im on Mint 17 and I had to update it.
    * You can get the deb files from here *
  • Open up Chrome and install the 'User-Agent Switcher for Chrome' extension
  • Setup the extention to spoof the following User agent:
    Code:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2114.2 Safari/537.36

Nice, I wonder if this would be possible on openelec.

If I had that with remote control it would be great.

I wondered the same thing. I can only imagine this will happen one day.
find quote
Devo7v Offline
I'm going to throw this out there to see if anybody can help me out. The add-on is working nearly flawlessly. I was just wondering if anybody knows how to activate the Netflix subtitles with a hotkey? I've searched endlessly but can't find anything. Ultimately I'm trying to figure out a way to turn on and off the subtitles with my remote, it's the only thing I still need the mouse for and I'm trying to get rid of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
find quote
marcelveldt Offline
(2014-08-04 00:49)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:  v1.2.9:
- Fixed search
- Fixed "Viewing Activity"

Thanks for the great work again!
Here my testresults for version 1.2.9:

- Next page doesn't work for TV-series, it does work however for the movies section.
- Search doesn't work at all
- Add to my list is working now

And a few "nice to have" feature requests:

- is there a way to set an episode (or movie) as "watched" ?
- i have modified the default.py to override the useragent (for html5 on Linux video player), can that be included in settings ?

Keep up the great work!
find quote