• 65(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
I'm running NetfliXBMC 1.3.4 in Gotham 13.2 and no matter what I do I get "You are not logged in. Check your credentials and/or restart the addon!"
Hi Guys,

I am finally getting somewhere,

i have managed to get the mouse and keyboard to go through to Google chrome,

I am hoping to do a how to once i'm finished as i haven't found one yet.

My last problems are:

Problem 1: I have set up my MCE remote to work with XBMC, however when i go to Netflix in Google chrome, the remote controls don't go through only the mouse and keyboard. Does anyone know how to pass the remote control to Google Chrome?

Problem 2: I have no sound. I have sound in XBMC when using the remote, but as soon as i go to Netflix, i have no sound. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

$tocK
Any news on streaming Dolby? Here is what Netflix says:

"5.1 surround sound is not currently supported while streaming on a computer using Microsoft Silverlight. However, it is supported in the Netflix application for Windows 8."

If not using the Windows 8 Netflix-App, how can one convince IE, Chrome or any other browser to pass Dolby and not only Stereo?
Well guys an update from me.
I got it working on my nuc finally.
But now i only get an half screen with a part of the xbmc interface,and no sound on it.
What is still going wrong?
Do i still need to install the pipilight/silverlight thing?
I had posted an issue here but removed it, the problem was not in the NetfliXBMC addon but Chrome Launcher. So my post didn't belong here.
After complete fresh install still the same issue.
Can anyone help me with this?
(2014-10-18, 19:28)ikkeenjij36 Wrote: After complete fresh install still the same issue.
Several users already helped you, but you at least should read/try the suggestions.
Have you followed the xbmcbuntu install instructions from post 1? I already mentioned it to you before:
(2014-10-13, 07:27)xyii Wrote:
(2014-10-13, 06:02)ikkeenjij36 Wrote:
(2014-10-13, 03:02)JasonPell Wrote: So can you use Netflix directly from chrome on xbmc Ubuntu? I have never used xbmc Ubuntu so don't know if you can load chrome directly. Does xbmc Ubuntu have a window manager?
No and no.
it doesn'seem to run on xbmcubuntu.
it will work on ubuntu with xbmc and with this addon.
and there is my problem
want to run xbmcubuntu cause i can control it with my harmony one.
if i run ubuntu and then install xbmc on it i still have to use mouse and/or keyboard.
but if i run it like that the addon will work.
so maybe there is an dev of xbmcubuntu who whants take a look in it.
Working fine here on xbmcbuntu. Seems to be also working for others.
Maybe you should read the xbmcbuntu install instructions that are linked in the first post.
You just have to install Chrome and config your chrome launcher script (depending on what window manager you are using).

The behavior you described (chrome on part of screen) is exactly what you see without a window manager...
Ok tried all from 1st post
installed the addon and made chrome work on ubuntu.
I can't seem to find the part of the windows manager and how to set up all.
Sorry if this irritates you but for a non linux user i am getting further step by step.
(2014-10-18, 20:01)xyii Wrote:
(2014-10-18, 19:28)ikkeenjij36 Wrote: After complete fresh install still the same issue.
Several users already helped you, but you at least should read/try the suggestions.
Have you followed the xbmcbuntu install instructions from post 1? I already mentioned it to you before:
(2014-10-13, 07:27)xyii Wrote:
(2014-10-13, 06:02)ikkeenjij36 Wrote: No and no.
it doesn'seem to run on xbmcubuntu.
it will work on ubuntu with xbmc and with this addon.
and there is my problem
want to run xbmcubuntu cause i can control it with my harmony one.
if i run ubuntu and then install xbmc on it i still have to use mouse and/or keyboard.
but if i run it like that the addon will work.
so maybe there is an dev of xbmcubuntu who whants take a look in it.
Working fine here on xbmcbuntu. Seems to be also working for others.
Maybe you should read the xbmcbuntu install instructions that are linked in the first post.
You just have to install Chrome and config your chrome launcher script (depending on what window manager you are using).

The behavior you described (chrome on part of screen) is exactly what you see without a window manager...
Well netflix plays in xbmcbuntu but i have the problem witn no sound thruogh hdmi on my intell nuc.
Nothing is muted and tried everything i could find on google.
Sound in xbmc is no problem cause all plays well and i can asign hdmi for the sound.
Maybe someone with solution for this?
Update:i now got running flawlessky with linux mint with xbmc standalone?
Why is that will runn like this but not with xbmcbuntu?
please advice caus i prefer xbmcbuntu.
Mint uses pulseaudio, which allows mixing of streams fr various sources. Xbmcbuntu uses alsa only, which with out additional configuration, doesn't allow mixing of streams. If you want to use multiple sources with alsa you need to configure dmix.
(2014-10-20, 01:49)teeedubb Wrote: Mint uses pulseaudio, which allows mixing of streams fr various sources. Xbmcbuntu uses alsa only, which with out additional configuration, doesn't allow mixing of streams. If you want to use multiple sources with alsa you need to configure dmix.

I was reading that xbmc in general uses pulseaudio and that you can force xbmc to use alsa.

HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_on_an_Intel_NUC (wiki) under "alsa"

would this make a difference?

regards,

$tocK
XBMC can use pulseaudio, although xbmcbuntu disables it by default. I had mixed results with that method the wiki describes - about half the time the alsa device would be mossing in XBMC and I would get no sound. But try it and see how it works for you.
I am unable to run the Configuration Utility on Windows 8.1 x64 (I get a "Script failed: NetfliXMBC" error). One thing I've tried doing is installing .NET 2.0 and 3.5, but it didn't help. XBMC's log reveals the following:

Code:
20:14:06 T:356   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                   - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!  
                     Error Type: <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>
                      Error Contents: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified
                      Traceback (most recent call last):
                      File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc-1.3.4\default.py", line 1007, in <module> configureUtility()
                      File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc-1.3.4\default.py", line 588, in configureUtility
                                subprocess.Popen('"'+utilityPath+'"'+' config=yes', shell=False)
                      File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\subprocess.py", line 711, in __init__
                                                errread, errwrite)
                      File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\subprocess.py", line 948, in _execute_child
                                                startupinfo)
                     WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified
                     -->End of Python script error report<--

any ideas?
Hi,

Just got the NetfliXMBC add-on installed on my Mac 10.8.5. I enabled the ChromeLauncher and NetfliXMBC, I can browse Netflix as expected but the video stream doesn't run. Spins "Working" then just stops….no error. Tried multiple shows.

XMBC Version 13.2
Mac OSX 13.2
Chrome 38.0.2125.104

In the settings I see that there is a "Windows" option for Chrome but there isn't a Mac(OSX) option for Chrome - is this the part I'm missing? Should it be forced to run in Chrome?

Let me know if there any info missing here that may help figure out why the video isn't playing…

Thanks

Kevin
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7