Video playback problems OUYA
Hey everybody,

so yea…as the title sugests I have a few issues with XBMC on the OUYA. And I don't really know if it's a hardware (OUYA) issue or if there is something from the XBMC side that can be done.
I got the OUYA on ebay, came pre-rooted and installed with the side loaded version of XBMC (12.2) however I've also tried this with the native version (12.3).

So here is my setup:

I have my OUYA hooked up to a TV in the living room and connected to my network via a cat7 LAN cable, to a switch where another of those goes to my computer (A 2012 Mac Mini).

I shared a folder on my Mac with video files (.MKV) via the SMB protocoll as OUYA or XBMC don't seem to like other protocolls too much. I've tried it with the firewall enabled and disabled, just to be sure.

The files I've tried to play were all mkvs (I dont really have other formats :|) and ranged from 300-500 MB to 1,5-2GB. I can connect to my mac, see the folder, see the files but when I try to play them then it loads a while and then gives me the error message "One or more files failed to play. Check the log……lalala" I've tried to copy the log file onto a USB drive but it refused to see my (numerous) usb sticks (formated fat32).

So my ultimate question would now be: what could I do to fix this? What can it even be? Is it the file type, the size, some OUYA related shortcoming?

Oh on a sidenote about other protocolls I've tried: AFP and NFS didn't see my Mac shares in the network, even after manually pointing XBMC at them Sad

Hope you can help me. Thanks in advance.
What version of Mac OSX is the SMB server running? If it is 10.9, there is a known issue with 10.9 Mavericks having SMB issues with XBMC. SMBUp (wiki) might fix it.
Wowwee…I could have just done that instead of posting my life story on here Smile Thanks, that fixed it.
Also funny how I mentioned literally everything else but forgot to mention my OS version. But yea. It works smooth as a charm now. No studder or lag.

Thanks ^_^

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback problems OUYA0