Play shuffled video folder
I'd like to add an action to my main menu that will queue all videos in a folder and shuffle them.

I created a video source of type: None that includes all the videos. (I don't want them to be marked as movies since these are trailers)

Now I tried adding the source as an action to my main menu which does show the video but the queue isn't shuffled.
I also tried creating a smart video playlist with sort: random but that does nothing probably because the videos are not loaded into the library because of the type: None thingy.

What can I do?
Welcome to the XBMC forums.
  1. Videos > Files, locate your folder and highlight it
  2. Press Q on the keyboard to queue the folder
  3. Press C on the keyboard to open context menu and select "Now playing"
  4. Press left arrow to open slide-out menu and enable "Shuffle"
When you play videos in this folder it should now be shuffled. You can add an entry in your favourites.xml (wiki) to play the contents of this folder directly:
Code:
<favourite name="Name of this favourite">PlayMedia(&quot;/path/to/your/videos/folder/&quot;)</favourite>

You can then create a home page shortcut to launch this favourite, as implemented by the skin you're using.
(2013-11-24, 03:15)artrafael Wrote: Welcome to the XBMC forums.
  1. Videos > Files, locate your folder and highlight it
  2. Press Q on the keyboard to queue the folder
  3. Press C on the keyboard to open context menu and select "Now playing"
  4. Press left arrow to open slide-out menu and enable "Shuffle"
When you play videos in this folder it should now be shuffled. You can add an entry in your favourites.xml (wiki) to play the contents of this folder directly:
Code:
<favourite name="Name of this favourite">PlayMedia(&quot;/path/to/your/videos/folder/&quot;)</favourite>

You can then create a home page shortcut to launch this favourite, as implemented by the skin you're using.

thanks. perfect!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play shuffled video folder0