• 13(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
(2014-02-07, 22:31)warlion Wrote: @Gade i was unable i try a few hours to add the menu but the force id="51" is really a pain in the arsh , meaby it can be solve is the script had specific id for the controls
not sure im really bad in python

also unable to make the hook on MyVideoNav tomorrow i will try one more time before i throw the towel

Yeah I came to the exact same conclusion. No matter what I tried with the menubar, the entire window keeps focusing id="51".

I didn't have any luck either with MyVideoNav/overlays in the video library and also gave up. Maybe I'll give it some attention again once I get some more time.
Hi all,

was wondering if someone could point me in the direction.

I have my extras files in a seperate 'Extras' folder in my movie directory.

For Aeon MQ5 skin:

I can see the Extras tab on my movie info page - however, when I select it, nothing happens

Here is my debug log - can anyone explain why it may not be working.

Also, how can I get the 'Extras' field to appear/work on movie info page of Aeon Nox skin?

thanks in advance,

litfoo
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

Hi litfoo,

Please read the following link:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1590529

There are many features Rob has inplemented in VideoExtras that will make your extra look very good on display. Get back here if you need further guidance. Anybody will certainly help you.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2014-02-08, 17:17)capfuturo Wrote: Hi litfoo,

Please read the following link:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1590529

There are many features Rob has inplemented in VideoExtras that will make your extra look very good on display. Get back here if you need further guidance. Anybody will certainly help you.

Thanks capfuturo - followed that link and working on both skins now
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

Jolly good!
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
hi guys can you help me i need you to try something
i just notice that when you use
script.videolanguage and script.videoextras it complete broke the script.videolanguage
can someone help me trying to duplicate this error

Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.videolanguage) + [Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes)]">XBMC.RunScript(script.videolanguage,movieid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onload>
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.videoextras)">XBMC.RunScript(script.videoextras,hasExtras,flag,"$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]")</onload>

thanks
Brilliant addon rob_webset!

A couple years ago some of us were going about this extras/bonus features business in a roundabout way that kind of worked - Deano316 knows what I'm talking about Wink . Your addon executes the implementation in a much more intuitive way. I'm very glad to have stumbled upon this after a hiatus from the forums.

Bravo!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Smile Hi, everyone. I joined the forums just to post here, and I want to start out by thanking the creators of this addon, and also everyone in this thread who has taken the time to help confused and/or struggling users (like myself Wink). I agree with earlier posts that this addon should be build into the xbmc core. The other options to include dvd extras in one's library are either tedious, ugly, or haphazard (like using or adding entries to the specials section of tvdb). Having this functional in the core interface would be much simpler and way more intuitive. Just my two cents.

At any rate, I encountered many problems getting this to work, but reading carefully through this thread solved most of them either outright, or through trial and error. I made many of the same mistakes others did: I initially misread the wiki and thought the default skin required no modification; I had to learn what advancedsettings was, then how to create/edit same; lol then the difference between plain text & rich text, and between .xml & .xml.txt Wink ; and finally proper syntax/spacing within some xml. And I finally got everything set up properly and working correctly... usually.

Let me interject here to state that I am using Win7 and the last update to Frodo.

OK, here's the problem, and maybe it's just something I'm doing wrong again: I keep my movies in one folder, and name them Moviename (Year).mp4. I name my extras Moviename (Year)-extras- Extraname.mp4. The scanner correctly excludes the extras from the library, but VideoExtras does not recognize the extras if I have the (Year). To reiterate, when my filename is Moviename.mp4 & Moviename-extras- Extraname.mp4, the extras are excluded, the Extras button appears in the Video Info window, and clicking it brings up a window listing the extras for that movie. But if I name my files Moviename (Year).mp4 & Moviename (Year)-extras- Extraname.mp4, the extras are excluded properly, but the Extras button does not appear in the Video Info window.

I'm not very familiar with coding, but I tried reading through my debug log, and I'm thinking the problem has to do with that ) . If I'm adding this correctly, here are a few lines from the log:

Code:
15:25:29 T:4972   DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtras: Finding extras for "E:\[]Crunched\Test\49 Up (2006
15:25:29 T:4972   DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtras: Root directory: "E:\[]Crunched\Test\49 Up (2006
15:25:29 T:4972   DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasFinder: Checking existence for "E:\[]Crunched\Test\49 Up (2006\Extras
15:25:29 T:4972   DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtras: Button disabled
15:25:29 T:4972    INFO: Scriptresult: Success
15:25:29 T:4972    INFO: Python script stopped

See how the script seems to be searching for "49 Up (2006" instead of "49 Up (2006)" ? Maybe that's normal, or perhaps I have something else wrong. I thought I'd ask for your input. Thanks!
@coda Fett: full debug log is required as a first step to ask for help. Please turn on debug on XBMC settings and VideoExtras add-on and post a link to your log. Besides using Win 7 and Frodo 12.3, do you have the extras in a custom path somewhere in a NAS for instance? Any extra info relevant to the matter might help. Make sure, of course, you aren't really missing the closing glyph at directory level.

Despite most of us preferring the 'Extras' sub-folder method to group our extras videos, the naming convention you suggest is 100% supported and working fine. So far there are no issues reported like the one you are experiencing, thus looking into this requires proper and complete feedback.

49 Up (2006) along with the following example work fine on my set-up:
Pacific Rim (2013).mkv
Pacific Rim (2013)-extras-The Digital Artistry of Pacific Rim (Disc 2, HD, 17 minutes).mkv
Best,

capfuturo

Smile Hi and thanks, Capfuturo. My setup is on a dedicated machine connected through hdmi, so no NAS. So far, I'm just in the testing stages of using the addon; in my test I used the simple structure of two movies together in one folder, with one extra apiece in that location as well. I had tested before putting extras in a folder named Extras nested inside another folder. That worked fine, but since I would mainy use that format for tv shows, I wanted to try it out with my movie folder setup. I'm sure it's more than likely some problem on my end, so I appreciate the help.

Logfile
@coda Fett: thanks for the log. Apparently there is an issue with a parameter not properly escaped by the script, however before going further into this:

1) Could you please confirm you have the latest version of VideoExtras (1.0.4)?
2) You have as directory structure E:\[]Crunched\Test\ Could you please test a directory which doesn't contain the enclosing glyphs [ ] in its structure? Get back here with your findings please. Thanks.

@rob_webset: hey rob, I believe Coda Fett's issue shows on line #625 of his log:
Code:
XBMC.RunScript(script.videoextras,check,"$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]"
There is a closing glyph missing, thus failing to close the RunScript expression; as a result the whole instruction fails to escape the last character (the double quote, used to delimit the string), the call results in unexpected behaviour because the path/string parameter is not properly parsed. Huh Maybe due to the square brackets he is using within his directory structure or something as a consequence of Windows' special (back)slashes? I am not seeing anything like this in OS X, even recreating same path names.

Jav
Best,

capfuturo

This may be a hook issue.

Please can you check your copy of DialogVideoInfo.xml to make sure you have:

Code:
XBMC.RunScript(script.videoextras,check,"$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]")

and not:

Code:
XBMC.RunScript(script.videoextras,check,"$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]"

(i.e. missing thebracket at the end)

This error is happening before VideoExtras gets invoked by the skin, which doesn't happen until line 639 in the log.

Rob
@rob_webset & capfuturo: Thank you both for taking the time to look at my log and offer help. My htpc machine is tied up for several hours, so I can't check at the moment, but going over my notes (Yes, I made handwritten copies of the code, then typed them into the xml files... Confused ), I see that I have no end bracket for the line you mention in the onload conditions section written down, and if it's not written down, the chances of me making a "typo" of adding one are slim, so it is probably missing. I'm actually surprised I ever got any positive results at all, if that is the case. I have now learned a valuable lesson: Any time code is available to copy and paste, that's the insertion method I'll use. Wink I'll be sure to check and correct as soon as possible, and post my results. Thanks again!
Have you ever heard of copy and paste?

I have to say that the best way to set up your library for both general xbmc use and for this addon is (for example)

movieroot/Avatar (2009)/Avatar (2009).mkv
movieroot/Avatar (2009)/Extras/Avatar (2009) - making of.mkv
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@nickr: I don't have a clue why I thought writing the code down by hand would be a good idea - maybe because it was so short? But I have heard of copy and paste... which is why I mentioned it in a self-derogatory way in the post right before yours. Tongue

We all have our reasons for our library setups and filetypes. In my case, a friend and I back up each other's data, but he uses gaming consoles where I use xbmc on an htpc. To make things match as much as possible, we try to set things up to work with both methods with minimal rearranging or renaming, otherwise I'd use a folder for each movie and mkv instead of mp4. He likes one folder for movies, and that works within xbmc, so that's what we use.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2