• 14(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
Well for this purpose it doesn't matter if it is mp4 or mkv, they were examples only of naming and structure.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi,
Do the files HAVE to have a matching NFO? If so is there a program that automatically generate a basic NFO based on file names?

Thanks
(2014-02-19, 12:13)Pete1989 Wrote: Hi,
Do the files HAVE to have a matching NFO? If so is there a program that automatically generate a basic NFO based on file names?

Thanks

The NFO file is optional.
(2014-02-19, 12:20)rob_webset Wrote: The NFO file is optional.

Ok, I'm not getting any ui panel when i select 'Extras' from the info panel.

Using xperience1080++, tried adding the code from the wiki but then I loose the button altogether.

Folders:
Movie1 > Movie1.avi
>Extras
>ExtraTitle.avi
(2014-02-19, 12:27)Pete1989 Wrote: Using xperience1080++, tried adding the code from the wiki but then I loose the button altogether.

The skin you mention has native support for VideoExtras. You can see that information by reading the wiki, therefore it needs no skin modification. Remove any code you have added (except your advanced settings xml file) and try again. If no success, submit a full debug log here. However, skin related issues should be posted on the relevant skin support thread. Let us know how do you get on.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2014-02-19, 13:24)capfuturo Wrote:
(2014-02-19, 12:27)Pete1989 Wrote: Using xperience1080++, tried adding the code from the wiki but then I loose the button altogether.

The skin you mention has native support for VideoExtras. You can see that information by reading the wiki, therefore it needs no skin modification. Remove any code you have added (except your advanced settings xml file), make sure you have turned on TvTunes under the skin settings in XBMC and try again. If no success, submit a full debug log here. However, skin related issues should be posted on the relevant skin support thread. Let us know how do you get on.

I think capfuturo is having a busy day! Big Grin

You only need to do:
Quote:make sure you have turned on TvTunes under the skin settings in XBMC

If you are using TvTunes - not VideoExtras. Laugh

Rob
Haha, what a muddle; thanks Rob! Let's remove that to avoid confusion!!!!
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
@ capfuturo & rob_webset: Hi guys, and thanks for the help before - the problem was precisely what you thought. I looked in the code I added to the top of the VideoDialog.xml in Confluence, and it matched my notes exactly, which is to say that it was wrong. Tongue I added the missing end bracket, saved, loaded xbmc, and reloaded the source directory in a scan. Everything is now clean, elegant, and beautiful! Thank you so much, both for the Addon itself, and the time you've spent helping others get it to work. My problem was a simple syntax mistake, easily identified and corrected if one knows what to look for, but I'd wager many people who come through here don't - including myself! Does anyone know if this is being built into Gotham? Because it really, really ought to be. It's one of those things you might not think about until you need the feature/option, but once you do, it seems so self-evident that it's hard to imagine why it wasn't there from the beginning.
Hi Coda Fett,

No problem with the help - and returning to give us an update.

I don't think there are any plans to add this sort of feature to the core XBMC (Although a few have requested/suggested it). The reason I wrote the addon is because it was something I wanted! Smile

I guess it would need to be "re-implemented" if it was to go into the core XBMC - as it's currently python. As it happens a lot of things would be easier to do if it was in the core! - the python interface is a bit limiting.

Rob
(2014-02-19, 13:24)capfuturo Wrote:

The skin you mention has native support for VideoExtras. You can see that information by reading the wiki, therefore it needs no skin modification. Remove any code you have added (except your advanced settings xml file) and try again. If no success, submit a full debug log here. However, skin related issues should be posted on the relevant skin support thread. Let us know how do you get on.

I've done the advancedsettings changes, and still nothing happens when I click on 'Extras'

Heres my log, http://pastebin.com/xcmxwLZQ
Good evening Pete1989,

Could you please find your DialoVideoInfo.xml, then locate the following strings (line #751 for Frodo):
Code:
</item>
                        <item id="4">
                            <description>Get Artwork</description>
                            <label>$LOCALIZE[13511]</label>
                            <onclick>ActivateWindow(3004)</onclick>
                            <visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows)] + !Container.Content(musicvideos)</visible>
                        </item>
                        <item id="4">
                            <onclick>SetProperty(ChooseArt,1,3004)</onclick>
                            <onclick>SendClick(2003,10)</onclick>
                            <visible>Container.Content(musicvideos)</visible>
and replace them with:
Code:
        </item>
                        <item id="4">
                            <onclick>ActivateWindow(3004)</onclick>
                            <visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows)] + !Container.Content(musicvideos)</visible>
                        </item>
                        <!--<item id="4">
                            <onclick>SetProperty(ChooseArt,1,3004)</onclick>
                            <onclick>SendClick(2003,10)</onclick>
                            <visible>Container.Content(musicvideos)</visible>
                        </item>-->
Save the DialoVideoInfo.xml, then restart XBMC and see if you can see now the 'Extras' button. Please report back. If this works, could you please advise img85288 that his skin Xperience 1080++'s DialogVideoInfo.xml file has an item duplicity causing trouble (item 4 in Frodo)?

OBS: the DialogVideoInfo.xml should be in: /XBMC/addons/skin.xperience1080plusplus/1080i/DialogVideoInfo.xml

EDIT: no worries, I have reported this issue on xperience 1080++ for Frodo.
Best,

capfuturo

Thanks for the reply capfuturo,

I can see the extras button, just it does nothing once clicked.

(I've tried what you suggested though, and still nothing once clicked)

Thanks
(2014-02-19, 23:19)Pete1989 Wrote: Thanks for the reply capfuturo,

Thanks

Did you restart xbmc after making the changes to DialogVideoInfo.xml?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-02-19, 23:43)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-02-19, 23:19)Pete1989 Wrote: Thanks for the reply capfuturo,

Thanks

Did you restart xbmc after making the changes to DialogVideoInfo.xml?

Yep.
@Pete1989: For Frodo the steps I posted solved the issue with item 4 duplicity preventing the Extras button from being shown up. I just tested Xperience 180++ myself in latest Gotham build (today's build) and VideoExtras works flawlessly (there is no duplicity issues in DialogVideoInfo.xml and this time item 7 is taking care of showing the 'Extras' button and all works very well indeed). This means that the issue may be on your set up, related to your DialogVideoInfo.xml or your installation. Let's go step by step:

0) Make sure you have extra video content within the 'Extras' folder, which name must match your VideoExtras settings.
1) Replace your current DialogVideoInfo.xml with the stock one for xperience 180++ Gotham version. Find it here. If that doesn't work then,
2) Reinstall your skin and try again. If this doesn't work,
3) Install latest Gotham again. If still no luck then,
4) See if someone at Xperience 180++'s forum could help or if there is anyone with similar issue.
5) Provide a new debug log (both debugging log turned on for XBMC and VideoExtras)

As I said this is not an issue with VideoExtras add-on for either Frodo or Gotham. You can see it working in my screen shots for Xperience 180++ in Gotham (latest build 19 Feb 2014):
Info screen:
Advanced detailed extras list:
Best,

capfuturo

• 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2