• 25(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
(2014-03-29, 22:32)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-03-29, 21:33)Adiventure Wrote: Lastly, the one question I didn't see adressed in the thread, is whether there is a way to handle extras a directory above the movie directory? For instance I have E:\Movies\The Godfather Collection Coppola Restoration in which I have an extras folder and a folder for each movie. Those extras are in essence shared across the three, and not specific to any one.

I can't say that I've tested this. I can see that it could be useful though in certain situations. My guess is that it won't work, but I have been wrong before Big Grin. You could test this and post back the results.Nod

There is now a way of doing this, with the following change:

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=321

You can now create a videoextras.nfo file and point it anywhere you like.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...o.22_Files

Please let me know how you get on.

Rob
(2014-04-07, 20:46)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 17:58)gmc99 Wrote: Sorry, I thought it was turned on.

Please try this http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=168527

mod edit - link correction

From the look of the log it's finding lots of extras.

Please can you get an exact example of which show you are loading and at what time, and what you are expecting to see, and what you actually see.

Please also turn off the "Allow caching of extras on startup" in the VideoExtras settings, as this will reduce the logging that we see, making it easier to read.

I have read back through the previous posts and I think I can see what the issue you are having is.

As I understand it - you are seeing extras - but when you have a TV Series, and you look at an episode in series 1, then you want to view on the extras for series 1?

For this you need to ensure that you use exactly the same directory names, so if you have:

TVShows\Blake's 7\Blake's 7 - Series 2 (1979)\Blakes.7.s02e01.Redemption.mkv

And want to view only extras for that series, then you need to have a custom path with extras in:

Sample-Data-Extras\TvShows\Blake's 7\Blake's 7 - Series 2 (1979)\

i.e. the bits in bold need to match (But can just be Season 01 for example if that is what you prefer)

If it can not find that directory it will look in:

Sample-Data-Extras\TvShows\Blake's 7\

(And if you have recursive search - it will get all extras for all series)

Please let me know if that is your problem, and if this resolves it.

Rob
(2014-04-07, 21:56)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-03-29, 22:32)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-03-29, 21:33)Adiventure Wrote: Lastly, the one question I didn't see adressed in the thread, is whether there is a way to handle extras a directory above the movie directory? For instance I have E:\Movies\The Godfather Collection Coppola Restoration in which I have an extras folder and a folder for each movie. Those extras are in essence shared across the three, and not specific to any one.

I can't say that I've tested this. I can see that it could be useful though in certain situations. My guess is that it won't work, but I have been wrong before Big Grin. You could test this and post back the results.Nod

There is now a way of doing this, with the following change:

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=321

You can now create a videoextras.nfo file and point it anywhere you like.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...o.22_Files

Please let me know how you get on.

Rob

Can you use this method in conjunction with the recommended extras folders method? For instance; Alien Anthology top folder with shared extras, and then individual movie folders within the top folder that contain Extras folders...
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2014-04-08, 03:39)thrak76 Wrote: Can you use this method in conjunction with the recommended extras folders method? For instance; Alien Anthology top folder with shared extras, and then individual movie folders within the top folder that contain Extras folders...

Sort of.

If you have the videoextras.nfo file - only those locations in the NFO file will be searched for the given movie. So you will need to put two entries for the "directory":

Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<videoextras>
     <directory>Extras</directory>
     <directory>..\Extras</directory>
</videoextras>

Think that should do what you are looking for.

Rob
Hi All,

I was thinking of changing the suggested addition to advancedsettings.xml to:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  <excludefromscan>
    <regexp>-extras-</regexp>
    <regexp>/Extras/</regexp>
    <regexp>/extras/</regexp>
    <regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>
    <regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
  </excludefromscan>
  <excludetvshowsfromscan>
    <regexp>-extras-</regexp>
    <regexp>/Extras/</regexp>
    <regexp>/extras/</regexp>
    <regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>
    <regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>    
  </excludetvshowsfromscan>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

The previous one was a left-over from the original DVD Extras. I think the new one will reduce the chances of excluding anything with the word extra in, and just pick up the extras directory or a given file with -extras- in it's name.

Thoughts?

Rob

Note: I actually have even less than this in my own advancedsettings.xml file.
@Rob_webset: yes, thought here! Would it be possible to just have VideoExtras working a "set" of Extras folders composed by two Extras folders: one folder located at the usual video file folder level and the other located one level immediately above? Displaying the union of this set of Extras folders would give us always the results we want and will provide the function we need for the purpose of displaying common extras in Collection folders structures, without adding additional steps to manually write a NFO, which would restrict the operability for many regular users.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2014-04-08, 10:31)capfuturo Wrote: @Rob_webset: yes, thought here! Would it be possible to just have VideoExtras working a "set" of Extras folders composed by two Extras folders: one folder located at the usual video file folder level and the other located one level immediately above? Displaying the union of this set of Extras folders would give us always the results we want and will provide the function we need for the purpose of displaying common extras in Collection folders structures, without adding additional steps to manually write a NFO, which would restrict the operability for many regular users.

Hi capfuturo,

I'd ideally like to avoid looking up the directory tree for extras, as it could pick up all sorts of things from the parent directory. I think the new NFO file method should give the most flexibility, and a very simple option for looking in multiple places.

It's a very simple format for looking in the directory above if required.

Rob
(2014-04-07, 22:09)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 20:46)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 17:58)gmc99 Wrote: Sorry, I thought it was turned on.

Please try this http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=168527

mod edit - link correction

From the look of the log it's finding lots of extras.

Please can you get an exact example of which show you are loading and at what time, and what you are expecting to see, and what you actually see.

Please also turn off the "Allow caching of extras on startup" in the VideoExtras settings, as this will reduce the logging that we see, making it easier to read.

I have read back through the previous posts and I think I can see what the issue you are having is.

As I understand it - you are seeing extras - but when you have a TV Series, and you look at an episode in series 1, then you want to view on the extras for series 1?

For this you need to ensure that you use exactly the same directory names, so if you have:

TVShows\Blake's 7\Blake's 7 - Series 2 (1979)\Blakes.7.s02e01.Redemption.mkv

And want to view only extras for that series, then you need to have a custom path with extras in:

Sample-Data-Extras\TvShows\Blake's 7\Blake's 7 - Series 2 (1979)\

i.e. the bits in bold need to match (But can just be Season 01 for example if that is what you prefer)

If it can not find that directory it will look in:

Sample-Data-Extras\TvShows\Blake's 7\

(And if you have recursive search - it will get all extras for all series)

Please let me know if that is your problem, and if this resolves it.

Rob
Rob
Hi Rob

Thank you for looking into this.

Although I have thousands of extras for hundreds of TV series, for the purpose of the test I have only copied the extras for two series.

The extras files are held in the following:

L:\TVShows\A Touch of Cloth\Season 02\Season 2 - Behind the Scenes.mkv
L:\TVShows\Bones\Season 02\Season 2 - Gag Reel.mkv
L:\TVShows\Bones\Season 02\Season 2 - Memories of the Season.mkv
L:\TVShows\Bones\Season 02\Season 2 - Visceral Effects.mkv

ie for A Touch of Cloth there is one extra held in the A Touch of Cloth\Season 02\ folder and for Bones there are three extras held in the Bones\Season 02\ folder

The actual TV series themselves are held in:

smb://servername/Int6/TV/A Touch of Cloth/Season 01/
smb://servername/Int6/TV/A Touch of Cloth/Season 02/
smb://servername/Int6/TV/Bones/Season 01/
smb://servername/Int6/TV/Bones/Season 02/
smb://servername/Int6/TV/Bones/Season 03/ etc

There are no extras held within the TV Series folders. All extras are only held in the L: path.

What I would expect to happen is when I go into the list of episodes for Bones or A Touch of Cloth, within Season 2 it would show the extras for that season. Additionally if I go into the "i" screen for the TV series, the "Extras" button would appear and when clicking on it I would be shown all extras for the series.

What happens is, if I go into the list of season 2 episodes for either of the above series it does not show any extras at all. If, however, I go into the TV series "i" screen and click on the "Extras" button it lists all the extras for all series.

In fact, I can select any series and it shows all the same extras.

Now I presume this is because I have "Recursive Search" on.

I then switched off "Recursive Search".

This time it is finding no extras at all.

It is almost as if it is not recognising the series name.

I hope that helps.

Glenn
Hi Glenn,

The only thing that springs to mind is that it is something to do with different OS references, so the different direction of the directory separators.

Please can you try with them on the same machine, so both on the L: drive?

The code uses:

Code:
pathLastDir = os.path.split(path)[1]

in order to get the last part of the directory listing, so python most probably detects the separator based on the OS XBMC is running on.

Rob
Hello, I can't seem to make it work on the aeon-nox skin. I'm running the xbmc12.3 build and the latest aeon nox version as of 4/09/2014. I've followed the instructions and changed the neccessary lines in "DialogVideoInfo.xml" file. one thing i did notice is that, this file is not in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\1080i\ but rather in C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\1080i. shouldn't make a difference though. can anyone comment or give me pointers ? thanks alot
(2014-04-09, 12:22)george7523 Wrote: Hello, I can't seem to make it work on the aeon-nox skin. I'm running the xbmc12.3 build and the latest aeon nox version as of 4/09/2014. I've followed the instructions and changed the neccessary lines in "DialogVideoInfo.xml" file. one thing i did notice is that, this file is not in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\1080i\ but rather in C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\1080i. shouldn't make a difference though. can anyone comment or give me pointers ? thanks alot

Errors? Log?
(2014-04-09, 12:18)rob_webset Wrote: Hi Glenn,

The only thing that springs to mind is that it is something to do with different OS references, so the different direction of the directory separators.

Please can you try with them on the same machine, so both on the L: drive?

The code uses:

Code:
pathLastDir = os.path.split(path)[1]

in order to get the last part of the directory listing, so python most probably detects the separator based on the OS XBMC is running on.

Rob

As you requested, I copied the TV series to the L: path.

So with both the Extras add-on and the TV series itself within L:, I found that clicking on the "i" and then selecting the Extras, it would correctly show me just the extras for the chosen series.

It would seem that your idea is correct. I had to set "Search nested directories" to on though for this to work. With it off it showed nothing.

It still didn't list anything when selecting the season though but I wonder if this is due to the view I am using within the skin.
(2014-04-09, 13:04)gmc99 Wrote: As you requested, I copied the TV series to the L: path.

So with both the Extras add-on and the TV series itself within L:, I found that clicking on the "i" and then selecting the Extras, it would correctly show me just the extras for the chosen series.

It would seem that your idea is correct. I had to set "Search nested directories" to on though for this to work. With it off it showed nothing.

It still didn't list anything when selecting the season though but I wonder if this is due to the view I am using within the skin.

Did you want to give the following a go and see if that solves it:

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=323

Please post back with how you get on.

Thanks

Rob
Hi Rob
I will give it a try but having followed the link I don't know what to do to download and apply the change to the code.

Can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Glenn
Rob i been inform that if the skin use XBT files for the graphics
the videoextras_overlay.png will not be taken for the media folder

just to inform you
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2