• 30(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
(2014-05-08, 21:18)planetmarshall Wrote: Thanks for the addon, but I just cannot get it to work. My folder structure is as follows - there is a folder for each movie, under which is the movie file and a subfolder called 'extras' containing the extras.

I have set the folder name in the settings to be 'extras' (lower case 'e'). My xbmc log is linked below. There are several references to the videoextras script but I don't see any attempt to scan the extras folder.

In addition - the 'Browse Extras' feature doesn't appear to do anything beyond rapidly highlight different addons in the menu. This behaviour can be seen in the log.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ij5f5scd6nkma2m/xbmc.log

Thanks,
Andrew.

Looks like the plugin is loading up the root menu OK (Movies/TV Shows/Music Videos) - from the log that is. (It will loop round trying to find the correct menu item - it was the only way to do it from the plugin)

Are you able to see the extras from the video Info screen (i.e. selecting the "extras" button) - I can't see any logging from that way. (Which is a bit more detailed)

Also looks like you are using the latest Gotham - don't know who else out there is using it?

Rob
@planetmarshall

We haven't hear anything back from you since capfuturo and I posted in reply to your post - please can you supply an update with how you got on?

Thanks

Rob
I have discovered a bug in the VideoExtras add-on (v1.1.1) in the way that a custom location is handled. I am using OpenElec 4.0 with Gotham.

I am using a custom extras location. I have found that when doing so, movies are matched against the TVShows sub directory, and TV shows are matched against the Movies sub directory. When viewing movies, VideoExtras is searching for extras in smb:/CustomLoc/TVShows instead of smb:/CustomLoc/Movies. I have worked around this problem by changing the name of the sub folders in the file system settings.

Here are the lines out of my settings.xml that made the add-on work
Code:
<setting id="custom_path_movies" value="TVShows" />
<setting id="custom_path_tvshows" value="Movies" />
(2014-05-13, 03:14)bbqbob Wrote: I have discovered a bug in the VideoExtras add-on (v1.1.1) in the way that a custom location is handled. I am using OpenElec 4.0 with Gotham.

I am using a custom extras location. I have found that when doing so, movies are matched against the TVShows sub directory, and TV shows are matched against the Movies sub directory. When viewing movies, VideoExtras is searching for extras in smb:/CustomLoc/TVShows instead of smb:/CustomLoc/Movies. I have worked around this problem by changing the name of the sub folders in the file system settings.

Code:

Please can you give a bit more info, which method are you using to look at the extras:
  1. Video Information Dialog
  2. Extras Browser (new plugin addition)

And a debug log might also help track down the issue.

Thanks

Rob
(2014-05-12, 11:27)rob_webset Wrote: @planetmarshall

We haven't hear anything back from you since capfuturo and I posted in reply to your post - please can you supply an update with how you got on?

Thanks

Rob

Apologies - I haven't been able to look at this recently.

In answer to your questions - I wasn't able to use the addon under Frodo either. My DialogVideoInfo.xml is available at the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8v3es09b19m9g...eoInfo.xml

However, according to the Wiki page (Section 10.1) Confluence doesn't need any modifications in order for me to use the plugin? I can't see any extras at all in the list view that comes up after clicking on the addon in Video->Addons. The list view shows a list of movies with extras, but the extra files themselves do not appear.

Cheers,
Andrew.
@planetmarshall

The first thing to try out is to use Extras via the Video Information screen (That is the longest standing interface - and most likely to work without bugs).

Looking at your DialogVideoInfo.xml you may want to move the additon of the Video extras button to be on the same indentation as:

Code:
<control type="button" id="100">

Please can you let us know how you get on with that method?

Thanks

Rob
(2014-05-13, 11:15)rob_webset Wrote: Please can you let us know how you get on with that method?

Thanks

Rob

Ok thanks - I've managed to get a bit further. I tried three things

* Changed the indentation of the control element as you suggested. I can now see the 'Extras' button on movies that have extras, but the button has no effect
* Went to Video->Addons->VideoExtras. The 'Movies' menu lists the movies with extras correctly, but again no actual extras are listed
* Went to Programs->VideoExtras. Same behaviour as before - that is the UI rapidly highlights different addons in the menu for a few seconds then stops.

New debug log available at this link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ij5f5scd6nkma2m/xbmc.log

Cheers for the help -
Andrew.
(2014-05-13, 11:34)planetmarshall Wrote:
(2014-05-13, 11:15)rob_webset Wrote: Please can you let us know how you get on with that method?

Thanks

Rob

Ok thanks - I've managed to get a bit further. I tried three things

* Changed the indentation of the control element as you suggested. I can now see the 'Extras' button on movies that have extras, but the button has no effect
* Went to Video->Addons->VideoExtras. The 'Movies' menu lists the movies with extras correctly, but again no actual extras are listed
* Went to Programs->VideoExtras. Same behaviour as before - that is the UI rapidly highlights different addons in the menu for a few seconds then stops.

New debug log available at this link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ij5f5scd6nkma2m/xbmc.log

Cheers for the help -
Andrew.

Looks like you have a problem with the Extras database:

Code:
10:18:53 T:140303385097984   DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtras: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.videoextras/default.py", line 470, in <module>
                                                extrasDb.createDatabase()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.videoextras/resources/lib/database.py", line 70, in createDatabase
                                                c.execute('SELECT * FROM version')
                                            OperationalError: no such table: version

It believes it should be at location:

/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.videoextras/extras_database.db

According to where the log shows it is being loaded from. (You should be able to clean the DB via the Extras settings menu)

Also, what version are you running!

Code:
XBMC Version = 14.0-ALPHA1 Git:0ca9028

Rob
Hi, I've a scenario similar to the one of planetmarshall, but I got the extra button displayed only after moving the button code inside the "grouplist" of the others bottom buttons:
Code:
<control type="grouplist" id="9000">

The Extras button is now displayed for the movies with extras but does nothing, and the movies with extras are displayed by plugin browser as folders, but they are empty.
Also, the extras_database.db file is present but it's 0 bytes and empty too.

Here is my log
https://www.dropbox.com/s/58vhuidxkvxgm8e/xbmc.log
(2014-05-13, 13:03)bicchet Wrote: Hi, I've a scenario similar to the one of planetmarshall, but I got the extra button displayed only after moving the button code inside the "grouplist" of the others bottom buttons:
Code:
<control type="grouplist" id="9000">

The Extras button is now displayed for the movies with extras but does nothing, and the movies with extras are displayed by plugin browser as folders, but they are empty.
Also, the extras_database.db file is present but it's 0 bytes and empty too.

Here is my log

Looks like the same problem with the database. So it looks like we need to find out why the DB is being corrupted in Gotham. Was this a fresh install, or an upgrade?

Thanks

Rob
My Gotham was an upgrade from latest beta, that was an upgrade from Frodo. However I installed the plugin only in this version of Gotham, not before.

I don't know if the issue is strictly related to Ghotam, I installed a Frodo version of XBMC on an different PC and I have exactly the same problem with the database. The only thing my two computers have in common is the operating system (windows 7 64 bit).
(2014-05-13, 13:13)bicchet Wrote: My Gotham was an upgrade from latest beta, that was an upgrade from Frodo. However I installed the plugin only in this version of Gotham, not before.

I don't know if the issue is strictly related to Ghotam, I installed a Frodo version of XBMC on an different PC and I have exactly the same problem with the database. The only thing my two computers have in common is the operating system (windows 7 64 bit).

Please can you try deleting the old database file (then with logging enabled) try it again. The only think I can think of is some strange failure when we try and create the databse.

Thanks

Rob

Update: I have tried several times on my Gotham system and can't reproduce this (Windows 8 64bit) - default size of the DB when created should be about 5KB (With empty DB tables)
(2014-05-13, 13:36)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-05-13, 13:13)bicchet Wrote: My Gotham was an upgrade from latest beta, that was an upgrade from Frodo. However I installed the plugin only in this version of Gotham, not before.

Please can you try deleting the old database file (then with logging enabled) try it again. The only think I can think of is some strange failure when we try and create the databse.

Thanks

Rob

Update: I have tried several times on my Gotham system and can't reproduce this (Windows 8 64bit) - default size of the DB when created should be about 5KB (With empty DB tables)

Wow, I cleared the database from the settings menu, then it was created properly and now it works!
I'm quite sure I've done the same more than one time before, I can't say why this time it worked.
Thanks for your help. BTW, here is the new log:
(2014-05-13, 13:56)bicchet Wrote: Wow, I cleared the database from the settings menu, then it was created properly and now it works!
I'm quite sure I've done the same more than one time before, I can't say why this time it worked.
Thanks for your help. BTW, here is the new log:

At least we have it working now!

Rob
(2014-05-13, 07:15)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-05-13, 03:14)bbqbob Wrote: I have discovered a bug in the VideoExtras add-on (v1.1.1) in the way that a custom location is handled. I am using OpenElec 4.0 with Gotham.

Code:

Please can you give a bit more info, which method are you using to look at the extras:
  1. Video Information Dialog
  2. Extras Browser (new plugin addition)

And a debug log might also help track down the issue.

Thanks

Rob

I am using the xperience1080++ skin. When I opened the information for any movie, a dialog would pop up with something like "Info: No extras found. [OK]". When I went into Add-ons and selected VideoExtras, and then Movies, the list was empty. When I changed the settings for the TVShows sub directory to "Movies", the Movies list in the VideoExtras browser would populate with my extras videos. And after changing the setting, the dialog box in the movie information would no longer pop-up. I still don't see an "Extras" button with the movie information, but I am not sure this is the same problem.

To be precise, I don't have any tv shows with extras, and while I have a TVShows directory it is empty.

I don't have a debug log handy right now, but using the log was how I found the problem. When looking at my movies using either method, the VideoExtras add on was trying the concatenate "TVShows" to the Custom directory and the movie name. For example, the movie Avengers would form a path smb://customdir/TVShows/Avengers and search there.

I suspect these lines in core.py are at the source of the problem, although I don't have a Python debugger running to check.
Code:
+    # Calculates and checks the path that files should be in
+    # if using a custom path
+    def _getCustomPathDir(self, path):
+        # Work out which section to look in
+        typeSection = Settings.getCustomPathMoviesDir()
+        if not xbmc.getCondVisibility("Container.Content(movies)"):
+            typeSection = Settings.getCustomPathTvShowsDir()

While I am new at this, I think that the content could be other values other than Movies or TVShows. A playlist would be one common example. With this code, it looks like the default value would be the TVShows directory.

Bob
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2