• 32(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
@bbqbob: no, just install new zip Rob has made available and:

1) Test your original configuration (video sources and extras in smb share). If it does work then eureka! If it doesn't work, submit new log and,
2) Create a local test folder containing a couple of movies and TV shows. Specify a local custom path, see if it works OK. If it does then,
3) Specify a smb custom path for your extras (using local video source as per item 1) ), see if it works. If not, submit log again. If it does then,
4) It means there is definitely an issue with VideoExtras handling sub custom paths in Confluence with Openelec-XBMC 13 beta 1 combo and the log asked in item 1) plus letting us know which amongst the items above does work, should help narrowing down this.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
I installed v1.1.2 on OpenElec 4.0.1 with Confluence Skin edited with the xml file above. Things are better, but the extras do not play. Here is the log. Look around line 5400 for the videoExtras script, although it is building the list on startup. I believe both the the database and cache are on for this test.

Now, the videoExtras browser shows a list of movies that have extras, so it seems to be finding those extras in the customDir. However, when a select a particular Movie, the list of extras for that movie is empty. I just get ".." for all of the movies.

If I go to the movie listing, movies without extras do not have an Extra button in the video information view, but movies with extras do have the button. This is good. However, the button does not do anything. It does not play or show any extra mkv files.

Perhaps I am not following some naming convention. I believe my folders are properly named and arranged, but the names of the files do not conform to any pattern.

I will try tests 2-4 later. I don't have any more time right now.
Okay, I tried it again. Some success this time!! This time I turned the cache off and the database off. From within the VideoExtras browser, the Movies with extras show up as before AND when selecting a movie the extra file are showing up!

When the extra is playing (from within videoExtras browser) a dialog box shows up with the title VideoExtras, It says Opening Steam and a progress bar that seems to be stuck at 0%. There is a [Cancel] button. The video plays under the dialog box and the dialog box stay there until I select [Cancel] at which point the video stops and the dialog goes away.

The Extras button now also works from within the Movie list video information view. This is real progress as the Opening Stream dialog does not obstruct the video here.
@bbqbob: could you please try:
1) 'Enable Database Support' and 'Use detailed List Screen' turned on again and press 'OK' to save the new setting. Then select 'Clean Database'. Then restart XBMC.
2) Go to Videos-> Add-ons -> VideoExtras, and see if you get the extras to show up.

Obs: Always restart XBMC after any change in VideoExtras settings (database on/off/cleanup) you make, so you get the entries in the extras list again, otherwise you may get the empty list.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
On all of the tests, I have cleaned the database and rebooted before making observations.
Also, "Use detailed List" has always been on.

1) If I turn the Database on, clean the database, reboot, go to Video->Add-ons->VIdeoExtras, Movies, the list of Movies with extras is properly shown. When selecting a movie, the list of extras is empty. I just see "..".
2) Repeat the above but through Programs->VideoExtras. Same result.
3) From Movies, video information, the extras button does not do anything.
4) Turn on "allow caching of extras on startup", clean, reboot, etc. The result is the same for 1, 2, and 3.
5) Turn off the database, do not reboot, Video->Add-ons->VIdeoExtras, Movies is populated and the extras are shown when I select a movie. Annoying dialog still blocks the center of video extra when playing.
6) From Movies, video information, the extras button shows the list of extras and allows playing with the opening stream dialog box.
7) Reboot. #5 and #6 work the same.

So, I think that there is something wrong with the database or the use of the database. I haven't tried local files yet.
@bbqbob: I see you are using now XBMC 13 beta 1. Would it be possible to test it in the official release of XBMC 13? And yes, definitely tests the items pointed regarding local sources/files.
Best,

capfuturo

I wasn't aware that OpenElec 4.0.1 upgraded to 13.1 beta 1. Given that this was a bug fix only update, I am reluctant to downgrade. I don't think it will change this problem as when I started, I was using OpenElec 4.0.0 which was on the release Gotham build.
@bbqbob: What about your test for local sources (with log if something goes wrong)?
Best,

capfuturo

I moved a single movie along with its extra to an internal hard drive. The videoExtras customDir was set to point to the local hard drive location.

1) If I turn the Database on, clean the database, reboot, go to Video->Add-ons->VIdeoExtras, Movies, the list of Movies with extras is properly shown. When selecting a movie, the list of extras is empty. I just see "..".
2) Repeat the above but through Programs->VideoExtras. Same result.
3) From Movies, video information, the extras button does not do anything.
4) Turn on "allow caching of extras on startup", clean, reboot, etc. The result is the same for 1, 2, and 3.
5) Turn off the database, do not reboot, Video->Add-ons->VIdeoExtras, Movies is populated and the extras are shown when I select a movie. Annoying dialog still blocks the center of video extra when playing.
6) From Movies, video information, the extras button shows the list of extras and allows playing with the opening stream dialog box.
7) Reboot. #5 and #6 work the same.

Here is the log file. In other words, the behavior is the same as when the movie and extras were on a samba share. Enabling the database seems to cause the problem.
Looking at both of the last 2 posted logs, they both complain about a corrupt database.

I can't see any call to the cleanup.py script.

Please can you try and manually delete:

/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.videoextras/extras_database.db

Thanks

Rob
OK, I think the DB issue will happen if we try and access it directly after a clean and it hasn't been created (Which is only done if after a clean you go to the video info screen before the plugin route or a restart), please can you try the following patch:

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=395

Thanks

Rob
Success!!! Thanks!

I did the following:
1) delete the database manually per above instructions
2) manually added and deleted the lines per the patch
3) tested that extras continued to work with the database off both through the movie information view and the videoExtras browser
4) turned on the database (but I did not clean)
5) rebooted
6) Successfully viewed an extra from the movie information view
7) Successfully viewed an extra from the videoExtras browser, but the playback was obstructed by the streaming dialog
8) From videoExtras settings, cleaned the database, clicked ok, rebooted
9) Successfully viewed an extra from the movie information view
10) Successfully viewed an extra from the videoExtras browser, but the playback was obstructed by the streaming dialog

The reason that you did not see a clean in the prior logs that I posted is because I would invoke clean from within the settings after turning the database on. After selecting clean, and then okay to close videoExtras, I would reboot. The logs only show what happened after reboot.

Thanks for resolving this. I will try xperience1080++ later.
@bbqbob: Glad that we tracked the root cause down.

I don't think the dialog you see when streaming is anything to do with the VideoExtras addon - we just use the normal XBMC player. (But let us know if you think it is VideoExtras related)

Rob
Rob,
I don't know if the dialog is from videoExtras. I've only see it when viewing within the videoExtras browser. The title bar of the dialog says "Video Extras".
Bob
(2014-05-16, 21:17)bbqbob Wrote: Rob,
I don't know if the dialog is from videoExtras. I've only see it when viewing within the videoExtras browser. The title bar of the dialog says "Video Extras".
Bob

Please can you supply a copy of the dialog. And a log of you playing the extra (Please also post the name of the extra you play - will make it easier to find in the log)

Thanks

Rob
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2