• 35(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
(2014-06-13, 17:45)dalziel86 Wrote:
(2014-06-13, 16:45)rob_webset Wrote: Hi dalziel86

You can run VideoExtras in 2 modes:

1) With the extras stored "with the movie/tv show" (Best if each video is in sub-directories - and then put the extras in another sub-directory "Extras". (But there are a few slightly different options on the wiki)

2) With the Extras all stored together away from the actual source - in a central location, storing each extra in a directory under the name of the movie.

I think what you are asking for is "Multiple option 2's" where you have many "central extras locations - 1 for each drive" - this is not something that is supported.

As with many things XBMC - this needs your directory structure to be in line with a given structure to get the full power of it.

Rob

Multiple option 2s would be best for my situation, I think. XBMC can find video files in any number of locations, so it seems like it would be logical for this Addon to follow that pattern. I hope this is a feature you'll consider adding to the Addon in future to bring it in line with the basic XBMC library functionality.

Since that's not available though, it seems like the remaining option is to have the extras with the movie/TV show. Given that I don't want to put each video file in a seperate directory, it seems like the naming convention listed in section 3.2 on the wiki would be best. The thing is, the description on the wiki, "use the same name as the file you want to associate the extra feature with and then append "-extras-"" is unclear on how this works with multiple extras. Am I limited to a single video file of extras per movie using this option, or can I use the format [Movie Title]-extras-[Title of extra].mkv or something like that? Can I put them in a subdirectory named "[Movie Title]-extras-"?

You can also use NFO files for your extras to give you custom sorting, shorter file names and plot info (if supported by your skin).
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Hello Rob_webset, I tried the patch and it works! I just found I have to restart XBMC every time to update the Extras flags in case of any change (extras added to or deleted from a movie), which differs from the on-the-fly detection that VideoExtras does at the information screen.

I know this is the first approach to the flagging for VideoExtras, but I already have suggestions, if you don't mind:

1) I am not sure if the flags with the word "Extras" and the plus sign hovering on poster are the most appropriate for Confluence, if they are not, perhaps a flag showing a symbol like a clippers would do for both cases? After all these are clips and most people would visually recognize that symbol as a movie clip I guess.

2) The plus sign could be a bit greyer and with a slight shadow (like the watched tick is), so it can show when the posters are very white or bright.

3) All the flags in Confluence have a linear gradient from bottom to top (grey to lighter grey). They aren't completely white. So perhaps the Extras flag could follow same criteria for consistency?

Thank you!

4) An option under View Options -> Misc options -> Hide Extras would be great, just like there is one for "Hide watched"
(2014-06-17, 19:43)Tangata Manu Wrote: Hello Rob_webset, I tried the patch and it works! I just found I have to restart XBMC every time to update the Extras flags in case of any change (extras added to or deleted from a movie), which differs from the on-the-fly detection that VideoExtras does at the information screen.

Thanks for the feedback - always welcome - I didn't want to keep a "Live Polling Check" running in the background - I thought this would be overkill for things like the rasberry pi - and Extras are not added that often - so I think a restart should be OK in this case. (As you say - they will still show if you navigate directly to them)

(2014-06-17, 19:43)Tangata Manu Wrote: I know this is the first approach to the flagging for VideoExtras, but I already have suggestions, if you don't mind:

That's fine - always welcome good ideas.

(2014-06-17, 19:43)Tangata Manu Wrote: 1) I am not sure if the flags with the word "Extras" and the plus sign hovering on poster are the most appropriate for Confluence, if they are not, perhaps a flag showing a symbol like a clippers would do for both cases? After all these are clips and most people would visually recognize that symbol as a movie clip I guess.

2) The plus sign could be a bit greyer and with a slight shadow (like the watched tick is), so it can show when the posters are very white or bright.

3) All the flags in Confluence have a linear gradient from bottom to top (grey to lighter grey). They aren't completely white. So perhaps the Extras flag could follow same criteria for consistency?

I'm rubbish at doing graphics etc - if someone has a better set of graphics - then I'd be happy to think about replacing the existing ones.

(2014-06-17, 19:43)Tangata Manu Wrote: 4) An option under View Options -> Misc options -> Hide Extras would be great, just like there is one for "Hide watched"

I don't think I can really get to that menu location - but I may be able to add something to the VideoExtras menu to do something - but again - it will only refresh on startup.

Rob
Hello to everyone. Today i decided to organize my movie database and i wanted to do something about the extras videos that started to become annoying.

I searched and i came up to this addon. But unfortunately i did not make it work. I think the best choice for me is the first option (movie folder(ex.300)/Extras/and-every-video-of-extras-ihave) but with default settings i couldn't get it to work.

Do i have to do anything else,change settings? The player is raspberry pi with openelec 4.05-gotham 13.1 with Confluence skin if that matters. Thanks in advance
(2014-06-20, 19:35)omerta Wrote: Hello to everyone. Today i decided to organize my movie database and i wanted to do something about the extras videos that started to become annoying.

I searched and i came up to this addon. But unfortunately i did not make it work. I think the best choice for me is the first option (movie folder(ex.300)/Extras/and-every-video-of-extras-ihave) but with default settings i couldn't get it to work.

Do i have to do anything else,change settings? The player is raspberry pi with openelec 4.05-gotham 13.1 with Confluence skin if that matters. Thanks in advance

I believe you will need to add the skin modifications as described in the wiki.

Some skins provide full support for this addon but Confluence is not one of them. It's usually an easy change though.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-06-20, 19:55)wgstarks Wrote: I believe you will need to add the skin modifications as described in the wiki.

Some skins provide full support for this addon but Confluence is not one of them. It's usually an easy change though.

A and how can i edit this? With ssh? Because i cannot find any files under .xbmc/addons sush as skin.confluence. Where can i find it?
@omerta: there is a post in this thread in which nickr, rob_webset and jrhamilt, go about installing VideoExtras in openelec. Please make sure to read and follow the instructions in the link to the wiki wgstarks provided to you, since through it you will understand all the possibilities VideoExtras allows for. Please report back how you get on!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1691967
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
This is the one for trying http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1733541
Hi rob_webset,
Thanks for making this plugin. I just finished installing and it works great!
(2014-06-22, 19:32)SpecialSauce Wrote: Hi rob_webset,
Thanks for making this plugin. I just finished installing and it works great!

Thanks SpecialSauce, always nice to get a "thankyou" - and some-one that manges to install it without any isues Big Grin

So .... what's the special ingredient in the "Special Sauce"!

Rob
running 13.1, noticed this in my logs:
Code:
14:18:01 T:5036   DEBUG: script.videoextras: BaseExtrasItem: Searching for NFO file: T:\TV\Archer (2009)\Extras\Archer.2009.S03E01-E03.Heart.of.Archness.EXTENDED.BDRip.XviD-REWARD.nfo
14:18:01 T:5036   DEBUG: script.videoextras: BaseExtrasItem: Trying encoding to UTF-8 with ignore
14:18:01 T:5036   DEBUG: script.videoextras: BaseExtrasItem: Failed to process NFO: T:\TV\Archer (2009)\Extras\Archer.2009.S03E01-E03.Heart.of.Archness.EXTENDED.BDRip.XviD-REWARD.nfo
14:18:01 T:5036   DEBUG: script.videoextras: BaseExtrasItem: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.videoextras\resources\lib\ExtrasItem.py", line 324, in _loadNfoInfo
                                                nfoXml = ET.ElementTree(ET.fromstring(nfoFileStr.decode("UTF-8", 'ignore')))
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1301, in XML
                                                return parser.close()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1654, in close
                                                self._raiseerror(v)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1506, in _raiseerror
                                                raise err
                                            ParseError: no element found: line 1, column 0
14:18:01 T:5036   DEBUG: script.videoextras: ExtrasItem: Database not enabled

whats in that folder:
Quote:Archer.2009.S03E01-E03.Heart.of.Archness.EXTENDED.BDRip.XviD-REWARD.avi
archer.2009.s03e01-e03.heart.of.archness.extended.bdrip.xvid-reward.nfo

nfo contents:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=neCYA1jx

also, is there a way to have videoextras not look for 'videoextras.nfo'. since i dont use it.. it creates 2 logging messages (one looking for the file, one saying it didnt find it) for each movie/tv folder.. which ends up being quite a bit.
@thezoggy: you have a folder called 'Extras' and that is the folder VideoExtras add-on will search in for extra videos. It process also these NFO files you have because within the 'Extras' folders you are only supposed to have 2 types of NFO and that is videoextras.nfo and <video name>.nfo, the latter with specific formatted fields. If not present it won't process them of course.

Additionally the NFO you have failed to process because VideoExtras is expecting to find the following fields inside the nfo:
Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<videoextras>
     <file>..\..\Extras\Extras01.mkv</file>
     <directory>C:\XBMC\Sample-Data\Films\Extras</directory>
</videoextras>

It is all explained in the wiki quite well:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ifications

You can turn off VideoExtras debugging in its own configuration pane if you don't need VideoExtras to show its activity in the log.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
As capfuturo highlighted, the error is because you have an NFO file that is invalid - it needs to be as detailed in:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...#NFO_Files

i.e.:

Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<movie>
     <title>Who knows</title>
     <sorttitle>Who knows 1</sorttitle>
     <plot>Something happens</plot>
     <thumb>thumbnail.jpg</thumb>
     <fanart>background.jpg</fanart>
</movie>

If you don't want VideoExtras to process it - then I would suggest not putting the file in the extras directory.

Why do you want this file in there - I don't think anything in XBMC can read this can it?

Rob
@thezoggy:

I googled this show - it looks like the file you put in the extras directory is actually the TV show - not the extra - why not just get it scrapped like normal and not incorrectly label it as an extra?

http://www.tvrage.com/Archer_2009/episode_list/3

Rob
videoextras works fine, i have thousands of extras setup in a similar way without issues. just this one it throws the traceback on it which i figured was odd.. since usually tracebacks are to be avoided..

yes this is a tv show, not a movie. why is it in extras? because the actual ep is in 'season 3', this was the bdrip that came out after the fact.. i wanted to review it before just blindly replacing the existing episodes.. so i tossed it in Extras (which is what we use in sickbeard to exclude from scans, so usually things in the folder dont have s#e# or may be a version of the s#e# that is different that i dont want to replace my actual file.. aka maybe its a commentary/dvdextras/etc.. ) I'm well aware of the nfo format xbmc wants, as this nfo is from the rip and not a generated one that will make xbmc happy.. as i have xbmc excluding this folder.. im not worried about it. anyways thats fine if you cant use the nfo.. not asking you to.. just there shouldnt be a traceback for it?

anyways, the videoextras.nfo logging is just noise to me as videoextras works.. so ill just turn off its debugging as suggested.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2