• 36(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
(2014-06-23, 23:16)thezoggy Wrote: .. just there shouldnt be a traceback for it?

The stack track should definately be printed out when debug is on. It's from an exception caught from etree.xml - so if debug is on, we need to know there is an exception. (That's what debug is for!)

Rob
(2014-06-24, 06:32)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-06-23, 23:16)thezoggy Wrote: .. just there shouldnt be a traceback for it?

The stack track should definately be printed out when debug is on. It's from an exception caught from etree.xml - so if debug is on, we need to know there is an exception. (That's what debug is for!)

Rob

sure, but figured you would want to know of the exception so you could handle it gracefully?
(2014-06-24, 14:14)thezoggy Wrote:
(2014-06-24, 06:32)rob_webset Wrote:

Rob

sure, but figured you would want to know of the exception so you could handle it gracefully?

It is handled gracefully - it's caught and then VideoExtras prints it before continuing Big Grin

Rob
(2014-06-13, 18:26)rob_webset Wrote: Hi All,

I have been messing about a bit with the confluence skin in order to "highlight" when a given Movie or TV Show has any extras.

I have created a patch:

https://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/rel...1.1.2b.zip

In this patch there are 5 files that you need to copy into your skin.confluence directory (take a backup of the files first please!) The files are in the VideoExtras plugin: resources/skins/patches/Confluence-2.2.16

NOTE: This is for Gotham 13.1 (which runs Confluence version 2.2.16)

If you feel like giving it a go - please do - and let me know how you get on.

Rob

Hi All,

Just to let you know that I have requested a publish of VideoExtras to include this "Confluence Tweak". I have done a couple of changes since the last version (reduced the image size etc) - but as I stated before, I'm not very good at image editting - so they still don't look great.

Rob

Updated the Wiki for this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...in_Support
Hello robwebset,

and thank you for a great Add-On!

I have read through this thread and also through the AEON MQ5 thread, but can't find a solution, apart from the info in the Wiki > http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...rs_Only.29
Since I am not an 'advanced skinner', just a 'user', here is my request:

How do I get the 'Icon Overlay' to work in 'Aeon MQ5'?! - The system data are as follows:

Win7 SP1 32-bit build 7601
Screen: 1920x1080@50Hz - FULL SCREEN
XBMC Gotham 13.1 GIT:20140604-84725B0 JUN 4 2014
Skin AEON MQ5 2.0.2 Gotham FEB 7 2014
Add-On VideoExtras V 1.1.3

I have installed the Add-On and am using the standard configuration, i.e. the folder 'Extras' is always in the respective movie\tv-show\music folder. Setup of the add-on is per default and the system worked after the addition of the 'advancedsettings.xml' without a problem.
The tag 'Extras' shows up when I hit the 'I'='Information' button when there are Extras and no button shows (sometimes with a short delay) when there are no Extras.

But I would like to have the 'Overlay Icons', for I am coming up to 9 TBytes of data and I really do not remember every single movie\tv-show\music where there are Extras and always going into the Info-Screen is a bit annoying.....

Could you help, please, and tell me what to put where to make these Overlay Icons work!

Thanks, Ed
Viribus unitis
Hi Ed,

I have done an overlay you can use for confluence - but for all other skins it will really be up to the author of the skin to add this sort of thing (they can view the confluence alterations to assist them). With non-official skins, I'm not able to provide overlay xml files as they change too frequently and not always in sync with XBMC releases.

Your best bet is to post a request on the appropriate skin thread.

Hope this helps

Rob

Update:

Note: If you were to patch a skin yourself then any-time that skin author published an update, you would lose your changes.
rob_webset,

thank you for that quick reply, will do as you suggested!

Ed
Viribus unitis
@19Ted54: could you please add it also as a feature request in the upcoming Aeon MQ6. Thanks!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=197019
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Hi Rob.

I can see that you have added a new "Play All" feature, which is a really good idea. Would it be an idea to add it to the context menu instead?

The property ListItem.TvShowTitle shows up as empty at all times, when "Play All" is focused - even when you are in the tv shows section. ListItem.Path does not work either, when "Play All" is focused.

That makes it difficult to use clearlogos (which need the path) + add a "Movie" / "TV Shows" etc. label to breadcrumbs. I guess it would also make some difficulties with script.tvtunes, which needs the property IsEmpty(ListItem.TvShowTitle) for the focused listitem in the VideoExtras window.

And now I am at it: I can see you have added support for tvtunes in music videos. Is there an onload to use in script-videoextras-main.xml for music videos?
Code:
<onload condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.TvShowTitle)">SetProperty("TvTunesSupported", "TvShows")</onload>
for tv shows and
Code:
<onload condition="IsEmpty(ListItem.TvShowTitle)">SetProperty("TvTunesSupported", "Movies")</onload>
for movies

Hope it makes sense Smile

Christian
(2014-06-29, 21:37)Gade Wrote: I can see that you have added a new "Play All" feature, which is a really good idea. Would it be an idea to add it to the context menu instead?

The context menu is only available on a "per item" basis - so should only perform operations on the given item that is selected (Playall performs an operation on ALL videos ) - so it doesn't really fit adding it to the context menu.

(2014-06-29, 21:37)Gade Wrote: The property ListItem.TvShowTitle shows up as empty at all times, when "Play All" is focused - even when you are in the tv shows section. ListItem.Path does not work either, when "Play All" is focused.

That makes it difficult to use clearlogos (which need the path) + add a "Movie" / "TV Shows" etc. label to breadcrumbs. I guess it would also make some difficulties with script.tvtunes, which needs the property IsEmpty(ListItem.TvShowTitle) for the focused listitem in the VideoExtras window.

The following patch should set the TvShowTitle and the Path:

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=451

(2014-06-29, 21:37)Gade Wrote: And now I am at it: I can see you have added support for tvtunes in music videos. Is there an onload to use in script-videoextras-main.xml for music videos?
Code:
<onload condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.TvShowTitle)">SetProperty("TvTunesSupported", "TvShows")</onload>
for tv shows and
Code:
<onload condition="IsEmpty(ListItem.TvShowTitle)">SetProperty("TvTunesSupported", "Movies")</onload>
for movies

The Music screen should use the same setting as Movies from what I can recall.

Hope this covers everything

Rob
@Rob,

First, thanks for the great addon. I have a fair number of extras in both TV Shows and Movies using the standard /moviename/extras/ implementation. When I go into the VideoExtras program itself, and select "browse all extras" (paraphrasing), the movies extras item correctly shows all of my movies with addons. When I go into the TV Shows item, however, I only see four shows with extras (versus the 30 or so I actually have). How and when does VideoExtras generate this list? I have tried cleaning the database, but that does not seem to affect the TV Show extras list. Does VideoExtras regenerate this list everytime I enter the VideoExtras addon, or when I open XBMC, or only when I browse the specific TV Show extras?

Thanks again,
Jason
Hi Jason,

That all depends on the settings.

If you have "Allow caching of extras on startup" enabled in the settings, then it will only refresh the list displayed when the system starts up (Should be easy enough to check - try restarting XBMC, wait about a minute of so - then see if the TvShows are displayed).

If it isn't set to cache on startup then it will try and check the file system on-the-fly.

Maybe give an example exactly what the directory and file structure is (from root level) for a Tv Show that is not displaying.

Rob
Hi Rob,

This addon has been working well for me for a long time. I recently added another batch of extras, and this time when I tried to play them the addon threw an error, and didn't play the files. It's been a little while since I've watched an extra, so I don't know if the addon has been updated after the last time I technically used it. My log is too long for xbmclogs or pastebin unfortunately. If you need the entire thing (i did have extras debugging turned on) I suppose I can dropbox or google drive it to you.

Anyhow, here is the portion of the log where the playback failed...

Code:
ERROR: script.videoextras: VideoExtras: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.videoextras\default.py", line 264, in run
                                                needsWindowReset = extrasWindow.showList( files )
                                              File "C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.videoextras\default.py", line 180, in showList
                                                while xbmc.Player.isPlaying() and waitLoop < 10:
                                            TypeError: descriptor 'isPlaying' of 'xbmc.Player' object needs an argument

Thanks again for a great addon!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2014-07-01, 00:51)thrak76 Wrote: Hi Rob,

This addon has been working well for me for a long time. I recently added another batch of extras, and this time when I tried to play them the addon threw an error, and didn't play the files. It's been a little while since I've watched an extra, so I don't know if the addon has been updated after the last time I technically used it. My log is too long for xbmclogs or pastebin unfortunately. If you need the entire thing (i did have extras debugging turned on) I suppose I can dropbox or google drive it to you.

Anyhow, here is the portion of the log where the playback failed...

Code:
ERROR: script.videoextras: VideoExtras: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.videoextras\default.py", line 264, in run
                                                needsWindowReset = extrasWindow.showList( files )
                                              File "C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.videoextras\default.py", line 180, in showList
                                                while xbmc.Player.isPlaying() and waitLoop < 10:
                                            TypeError: descriptor 'isPlaying' of 'xbmc.Player' object needs an argument

Thanks again for a great addon!

The good old classic video extras listing screen! Big Grin
(Wasn't sure that anyone still used that)

Yes - looks like I broke it a while ago! There is a patch to resolve this one:

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=452

Thanks

Rob
(2014-07-01, 07:13)rob_webset Wrote: The good old classic video extras listing screen! Big Grin
(Wasn't sure that anyone still used that)

Yes - looks like I broke it a while ago! There is a patch to resolve this one:

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=452

Thanks

Rob

How else are most people using this? Just browsing all of the extras at once through the plugin? Always seemed more intuitive to me to navigate to them through the title's infoscreen.

Thanks for the patch! Playback works fine now.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2