• 41(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
^How about a couple to match Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9. ? For a while I saw a small red video camera appearing in the upper right corner... I liked that a lot better than the big white E. Then it was gone. AN has a diagonal 'watched' bar that overlaps the current E... not really attractive together. The red camera fit perfectly in the corner space left on posters.
(2014-08-20, 17:30)pagali Wrote: ^How about a couple to match Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9. ? For a while I saw a small red video camera appearing in the upper right corner... I liked that a lot better than the big white E. Then it was gone. AN has a diagonal 'watched' bar that overlaps the current E... not really attractive together. The red camera fit perfectly in the corner space left on posters.

Skinners can overwrite the image files used for extras in their own skins:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...rs_Only.29

Quote:There is a default image that is used to represent the existance of Video Extras, but this can be overridden by the skin by putting a file called "videoextras_overlay.png" in the skins "media" directory.

VideoExtras will only supply images for Confluence - I guess.

Rob
OK.... where can I find that red camera image?
(2014-08-20, 18:10)pagali Wrote: OK.... where can I find that red camera image?

It's not one of mine.
OK, I found it in the folder for AN 4.1.9.8. Copied over to the folder as suggested and it works fine! Just in case there are other AN 4.1.9.x users, here's the image.

(2014-08-20, 17:30)pagali Wrote: ^How about a couple to match Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9. ? For a while I saw a small red video camera appearing in the upper right corner... I liked that a lot better than the big white E. Then it was gone. AN has a diagonal 'watched' bar that overlaps the current E... not really attractive together. The red camera fit perfectly in the corner space left on posters.

Hi pagali,

My Aeon Nox Gotham Plus 4.1.9.9 shows the extras red flags and the watched states are not overlapping any of them, gl;ad you found the flag image to replace the VE's default one.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Thanks capfuturo, yes that's the right one, and that's how it looks now. There are so many different versions of AN floating around it gets very confusing.
(2014-08-20, 17:06)uNiversal Wrote:
(2014-08-20, 11:42)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-08-20, 11:23)uNiversal Wrote: If you post all the graphics you need to look nice, I can have a look when I have some time.

Hi uNiversal,

If you are referring to the overlay images and icons to show that an extra exists - that would be brilliant! (I am rubbish at the graphical design stuff).

The two images used are:

https://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/tru...verlay.png
https://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/tru...y_list.png

Thanks

Rob

Im referring to all of them Wink but if these two are all you want you should have them before long, matching confluence of course,
Rob, the flag gets shrunk horizontally when displayed. Are you forcing the flag to fit a shorter length?
Confluence uses half length 64x48 (which is what I sent you but it is being displayed closer to a squared shape) and full length 100x48 in that particular area.

Any ideas what could be happening?
(2014-08-18, 14:48)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-08-18, 14:22)Gade Wrote: Is it possible to do a similar patch to fix the ListItem.Path also being empty when Play All is focused?

Hopefully the following patch will do that:

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=469

Note: In the case where the Extras are stored on a completely different system (using "Use Custom Extras Location" setting) then this will actually be a "Virtual Path" located under the directory that contained the Movie/TV Show. This is so that addon's like TvTunes can work out relative paths to support playing themes from "parent folders"

Rob

Hi Rob.

Thanks for the patch.

That did the trick! Now I can use clear logos for all items (except off course if people use a custom location).

I will add the plot as well, and it will be included in the next Rapier update Smile

Cheers
Christian
@ rob_webset

See PM for download link. Not the first pm, the second one Big Grin

Ive included the psd so you feel free to do whatever

You will need to make sure that the sizes are respected so they not squashed

Contents

VideoExtras large (this is the wider flag as used in information screen etc.)
VideoExtras small (this is used in listing) You have a choice of two designs for that. use which one you prefer.
VideoExtras addon icon. (this is a new addon icon mind I didnt put too much effort into this)

Ive included all the psd in the rar so this is using the confluence sources to get exact match on background see https://github.com/uNiversaI/revamp-confluence-psds its my fork (slightly ahead of https://github.com/da-anda/confluence-psds

Enjoy or not. Big Grin
Hi uNiversal,

Thanks, I took a very quick look.

The one that I'm really keen to improve on is the one that I use to "overlay" over the top of the cover-art of the film:

https://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/tru...verlay.png

Any ideas for that one?

Thanks

Rob
Ah right give me a sec.

It would help if I saw these in use, as I dont really have any extras so dont use your addon Wink Screenshot?

I done it, though mind dimensions increased the current watched tick overlay is 32x32 your current image was 26x26 the new one is 40x32 (so you will need some minor adjustments) due to slightly wider/taller image. Again its hard to know because I dont use the addon but it should fit with the rest I done so it all matches and again with confluence skin, psd inside.
Rob, uNiversal,

What if we drop the use of a letter in favour of using an icon that could be easily understood as a clip or extra by most people worldwide? Something like:

We can keep it white (with the corresponding Confluenceish grey gradient) so to be in line with all the other icons but adding a very thin black profile to the clipper so it could still be visible against white or bright movie posters.

Do you like it?
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
When you go that small too much detail is lost... but sure find something else and Ill have a go.
Hi All,

uNiversal has done some great work with the images within VideoExtras, but as with most things I don't want to just change existing things without a general agreement, so here are the images as they stand:

Existing Listing Image: Image uNiversal Listing Image: (1) Image or (2) Image

Existing Overlay: Image uNiversal overlay: Image

Existing Logo: Image uNiversal logo: Image

Ideally, I'd only like to change the images once, so if you have any other suggestions/submissions then please feel free to post details.

Based on what we have, I'd also like to hear what people's preferences are!

Thanks

Rob
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2