• 6(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
Here's my DialogVideoInfo.xml for Nox 4.1.9. It may help you with location. Line 7 and line 1447. I'm sure it's not exactly the same as yours but maybe close.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
videoextras really should be built into xbmc core.. nedscott really should be aware of this addon
(2013-12-30, 20:53)thezoggy Wrote: videoextras really should be built into xbmc core.. nedscott really should be aware of this addon

He has acknowledged his awareness of this during its early stages
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2013-12-30, 19:07)wgstarks Wrote: Here's my DialogVideoInfo.xml for Nox 4.1.9. It may help you with location. Line 7 and line 1447. I'm sure it's not exactly the same as yours but maybe close.

Thanks, unfortunately it did not help, I tried placing the control code in the same place as yours, all this did however was leave me with only the Play button visible, Trailers etc were missing. I even tried replacing my xml file with yours and I still could not see the Extras button.
Well I decided to delete my Aeon Nox skin folder and downland it and hey presto its now working. Obviously something was broken within the skin. Thanks everyone for your help.
(2013-12-31, 02:31)squashedrex Wrote:
(2013-12-30, 19:07)wgstarks Wrote: Here's my DialogVideoInfo.xml for Nox 4.1.9. It may help you with location. Line 7 and line 1447. I'm sure it's not exactly the same as yours but maybe close.

Thanks, unfortunately it did not help, I tried placing the control code in the same place as yours, all this did however was leave me with only the Play button visible, Trailers etc were missing. I even tried replacing my xml file with yours and I still could not see the Extras button.

@squashedrex: Perhaps you could post here the exact hooks needed to have VideoExtras working finally so many others could know what to modified exactly on their xml files? Glad you had it working, and thanks wgstarks!!
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2013-12-31, 03:17)squashedrex Wrote: Well I decided to delete my Aeon Nox skin folder and downland it and hey presto its now working. Obviously something was broken within the skin. Thanks everyone for your help.

Glad you got it. Remember that not all the options in VideoExtras are supported in Nox. The details widows for extras require special skin support.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2013-12-31, 03:20)capfuturo Wrote: @squashedrex: Perhaps you could post here the exact hooks needed to have VideoExtras working finally so many others could know what to modified exactly on their xml files? Glad you had it working, and thanks wgstarks!!

Sure thing, I had to place the VideoExtras control type code directly below the control that contains "Playlist.Clear".

This is the same spot that wgstarks had the code so he was spot on. The xml below is a clean copy from Nox with the Extras code added in.

DialogVideoInfo.xml

I guess if people can't get this working it would be wise to remove Nox and download it fresh.
@Rob_webset: Happy New Year Rob! Skin Rapier's creator, Gade, just announced full support with automatic installation for new VideoExtras, which includes its own detailed list screen :-). This detailed list screen includes a poster view of each extra's image icon (when available) which displays on the left side of the screen.
Best,

capfuturo

Hi Rob.

Happy New Years and thanks for this great addon.

I have added both the hooks and detailed list to my updated version of the Rapier skin from v5.6.0

I will probably also soon add an overlay to the views.

Edit: Haha damn... I can see that I'm too late with this post Smile
@Gade: never late! Your presence and official communication in this thread are irreplaceable! :-) Hope you had a fantastic New Year's celebration in Time Square!
Best,

capfuturo

Thanks all - I have updated the supported lists
Hi Rob.

It seems that the entire detailed list window focuses the listitems in group with id="51" at all times.

I tried adding a menubar with some options, but whenever I click an item in the menubar, it also clicks the last focused item in the group.

Could this be true? It's really not a problem and I can easily live without the menubar.
(2014-01-01, 17:00)Gade Wrote: Hi Rob.

It seems that the entire detailed list window focuses the listitems in group with id="51" at all times.

I tried adding a menubar with some options, but whenever I click an item in the menubar, it also clicks the last focused item in the group.

Could this be true? It's really not a problem and I can easily live without the menubar.

I have to admit - I really haven't got to grips with the Window XML files. There is nothing in the python code to force things to ID 51, there is the following line in the XML:

Code:
<defaultcontrol always="true">51</defaultcontrol>

(I believe I needed this to get the screen working in confluence)

And there is code, that after playing an extra will ensure that the previously played extra is then "auto-selected" when the user returns to the list.

Any sugestions I'd be willing to look at if it helps

Rob
It would be nice to see support for VideoExtras and alternate movies (Director's Cut, 3D, Special Edition, etc) in the mainline. The way XBMC handles "Collections" is great. It would be perfect if it handled these other things in the same way.

I installed the VideoExtras AddOn and did the suggested patch to Confluence. Now the only way I can see any indication of "Extras" is if I hit "Info" on the movie, then it shows up with the word "Extras" actually embedded on the poster art. About 1/3rd of the way down and off to the right side. I have no idea how to select it, and I've run all over the screen with the remote trying. What did I do wrong?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2