• 7(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
@pashdown: could you please post a link to your DialogVideoInfo.xml? It might help to have a look at it since it seems your 'Extras' button is displaced for some reason.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2014-01-01, 20:10)capfuturo Wrote: @pashdown: could you please post a link to your DialogVideoInfo.xml? It might help to have a look at it since it seems your 'Extras' button is displaced for some reason.

Link
You will need to move the button up one <control> section from what I can see

Rob
@pashdown: you just had the wrong gapping for the onload instructions and control button id 105. Python is very sensitive to the space between commands. Please try it now and let us know how you get on.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Thanks for your help guys. I had to move the context of the button up a bit. Is there any way to access extras without going through the "Info" menu?
(2014-01-01, 18:42)rob_webset Wrote: I have to admit - I really haven't got to grips with the Window XML files. There is nothing in the python code to force things to ID 51, there is the following line in the XML:

Code:
<defaultcontrol always="true">51</defaultcontrol>

(I believe I needed this to get the screen working in confluence)

And there is code, that after playing an extra will ensure that the previously played extra is then "auto-selected" when the user returns to the list.

Any sugestions I'd be willing to look at if it helps

Rob

Yeah, I agree that we need the defaultcontrol to focus the list.

I have tried a lot of different ideas, but no matter what, the window keeps focusing the listitems too.

Btw, what would you recommend for using overlays?

I tried this code in MyVideoNav.xml:

Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.videoextras) + [Container.Content(Movies) | Container.Content(TVShows) | Container.Content(Seasons)]">XBMC.RunScript(script.videoextras,hasExtras,flag,"$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]")</onload>

...and almost the same visibility for the overlay image as used to hide/display the Extras button in DialogVideoInfo.xml (off course without Window(MovieInformation)...)

But I couldn't seem to get it working. Maybe it's just me getting too tired... I need to get some sleep :-)
Hi Gade,

This would be the first skin to look at this!

The theory would be to have the on load called something like:

Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.videoextras)">
    XBMC.RunScript(script.videoextras,hasExtras,"$INFO[ListItem.Label]","$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]")</onload>

So the "flag" value is the label of the video.

Then to have some form of overlay item:

Code:
<control type="image">
    <posx>950</posx>
    <posy>14</posy>
    <width>16</width>
    <height>16</height>
    <texture>OverlayRAR.png</texture>
    <visible>System.HasAddon(script.videoextras) + Window.IsVisible(Videos) + [Container.Content(Movies) | Container.Content(TVShows) | Container.Content(Episodes)]+ !IsEmpty(Window(movieinformation).Property("$INFO[ListItem.Label]"))</visible>
</control>

This means that the overlay visability will be based on the label "$INFO[ListItem.Label]" being set. (In the above example it is reading the property from the movieinfo window, I suppose that should be the current window ).

However, this is all theory - as no skin has made use of this yet - and they may be issues with this!

Hope this helps

Rob
I've been working on this for a while and I have to be missing something or maybe it just isn't possible.

Is it possible to have my extras for TV shows in the extras subfolder or remote folder and only show a specific episode's extras? All I can manage to get is the entire season's extras whenever I choose an episode and press 'extras'. I prefer not to keep the TV episode extras in the same folder with the episodes themselves.
(2014-01-02, 22:52)GoodJaerb Wrote: I've been working on this for a while and I have to be missing something or maybe it just isn't possible.

Is it possible to have my extras for TV shows in the extras subfolder or remote folder and only show a specific episode's extras? All I can manage to get is the entire season's extras whenever I choose an episode and press 'extras'. I prefer not to keep the TV episode extras in the same folder with the episodes themselves.

In classic me fashion, I fixed it after asking for help, but it required modifying the source a bit. Basically I copied the checks for the "extrasTag" from _getExtrasFiles and used it in _getExtrasDirFiles to filter the results. Had to add an arg to the function and change the var in the for loop and it seems good.

Oh yea, and you can't have tabs in python? I kept getting script failed and finally found the error logs and said indentation error, so I replaced the tabs with spaces and that's when it worked! I'm so out of the loop on this stuff.
Sorry, I must either be an idiot, this plugin doesn't work since the new update or this plugin is hard to work with. I've spend the last hour trying to figure out this plug in with no success. Nothing happens when it's installed. I doesn't detect my game of thrones extras. How do I even know if it's working properly? My tv shows/movies doesn't display any extra menus or content. Even when i "Force Extras Button Display" nothing happens. I tried to install it under admin, but it doesnt work still.
(2014-01-04, 06:36)zapras Wrote: Sorry, I must either be an idiot, this plugin doesn't work since the new update or this plugin is hard to work with. I've spend the last hour trying to figure out this plug in with no success. Nothing happens when it's installed. I doesn't detect my game of thrones extras. How do I even know if it's working properly? My tv shows/movies doesn't display any extra menus or content. Even when i "Force Extras Button Display" nothing happens. I tried to install it under admin, but it doesnt work still.

Rob looks into his crystal ball, what can he see:

1) What version of XBMC is being used
2) What skin is being used
3) Have the hooks been applied
4) Was the wiki looked at
5) What does it say in the log file with logging for VideoExtras enabled.

No, crystal ball is still all cloudy, can't see anything in it. Zapras - did you want to provide some more information?

My guess is that (4) wasn't done - so then (3) wasn't done.

Rob
Did you set your skin hooks correctly? http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:VideoExtras

What skin are you using?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Hi there

I'm having troubles getting this addon to work.
I also Aeon Nox 4.09

According to the wiki, I should change the DialogVideoInfo.xml. The problem is that I can only find this file for the confluence skin. I don't seem to have a skin folder for Aeon Nox somehow??
Could someone guide me how to make this addon work with Aeon Nox?

Thanks in advance.
[CPU] Intel i3 3220, 2x 3.30GHz Ivy Bridge [CASE] Silverstone SST-ML03B [PSU] Silverstone SST-ST40F-ES Strider Series - 400W [MB] Asrock H77M, Intel H77 [RAM] Corsair DDR3 1600MHz 4GB PC12800 XMS3
[SSD] 60GB Corsair FORCE SATA 3 [STORAGE] QNAP 469L [REMOTE] FLIRC Dongle with Logitech Harmony One [OS] Win 10 Home 64bit
(2014-01-04, 18:29)ecopsorn Wrote: Hi there

I'm having troubles getting this addon to work.
I also Aeon Nox 4.09

According to the wiki, I should change the DialogVideoInfo.xml. The problem is that I can only find this file for the confluence skin. I don't seem to have a skin folder for Aeon Nox somehow??
Could someone guide me how to make this addon work with Aeon Nox?

Thanks in advance.

Good afternoon ecopsorn,

1) Some skinners haven't considered a built-in support for VideoExtras in their skin; Aeon Nox is one of them. Therefore the user needs to do a few skin mods to get the add-on to work.
2) The DialogVideoInfo.xml should be located in: /XBMC/addons/skin.aeon.nox/1080i
3) For the necessary mods, please refer to page 9 post #83 of this thread.

Just get back here if you need any further help from all the fellows in the forum. Have a good 2014!
Best,

capfuturo

I noticed that VideoExtras can some-times not return the the correct screen when exiting the detailed list (It some-times reloads the list) - committed a fix under:

http://code.google.com/p/robwebset/sourc...n176&r=176

Thanks

Rob
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2