• 8(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
(2014-01-04, 19:07)capfuturo Wrote:
(2014-01-04, 18:29)ecopsorn Wrote: Hi there

I'm having troubles getting this addon to work.
I also Aeon Nox 4.09

According to the wiki, I should change the DialogVideoInfo.xml. The problem is that I can only find this file for the confluence skin. I don't seem to have a skin folder for Aeon Nox somehow??
Could someone guide me how to make this addon work with Aeon Nox?

Thanks in advance.

Good afternoon ecopsorn,

1) Some skinners haven't considered a built-in support for VideoExtras in their skin; Aeon Nox is one of them. Therefore the user needs to do a few skin mods to get the add-on to work.
2) The DialogVideoInfo.xml should be located in: /XBMC/addons/skin.aeon.nox/1080i
3) For the necessary mods, please refer to page 9 post #83 of this thread.

Just get back here if you need any further help from all the fellows in the forum. Have a good 2014!

Thanks capfuturo. Your file worked without any problem. I had to first find the file on my computer though. For me the file was located under the following path:
C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\1080i
It might be that Aeon Nox chooses to save the addon folder there.

Anyway it worked now, yeah!
[CPU] Intel i3 3220, 2x 3.30GHz Ivy Bridge [CASE] Silverstone SST-ML03B [PSU] Silverstone SST-ST40F-ES Strider Series - 400W [MB] Asrock H77M, Intel H77 [RAM] Corsair DDR3 1600MHz 4GB PC12800 XMS3
[SSD] 60GB Corsair FORCE SATA 3 [STORAGE] QNAP 469L [REMOTE] FLIRC Dongle with Logitech Harmony One [OS] Win 10 Home 64bit
When I click on "Extras" then nothing happens.
I have also changed the DialogVideoInfo.xml. (copied page 9 post # 83 of this thread) and of course the add on installed.

Skin: Aeon Nox 4.0.9
Xbmc: 12.3 (Dec 23 2013)

Can anyone help me?
Have you setup the add on correctly after installing it. Most importantly telling it the folder name you are using for your extras and do you actually have content in the extras folder, if you have no content than nothing will happen.
@ecopsorn: glad it worked. Regarding the XML file, thank wgstarks and squashedrex for it. Cheers.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2014-01-05, 13:12)LangerPlayer Wrote: When I click on "Extras" then nothing happens.
I have also changed the DialogVideoInfo.xml. (copied page 9 post # 83 of this thread) and of course the add on installed.

Skin: Aeon Nox 4.0.9
Xbmc: 12.3 (Dec 23 2013)

Can anyone help me?

Why don't you post a link to your DialogVideoInfo.xml file. Where you insert the skin hooks sometimes makes a difference. Just post the file on pastebin and then copy the address here.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I once took pictures of my settings and my folder structure.:
http://imgur.com/y6ujjvg
http://imgur.com/xziTbrW
http://imgur.com/IassKlV
http://imgur.com/pa91Bze

It may then be only an error in the folders?

DialogVideoInfo.xml:
http://pastebin.com/efJCFJaA
(Sorry, I forgot to put syntax on xmtl Blush)
You cannot use the Detailed List Screen with Aeon Nox. That feature requires built in skin support. You will probably just get a blank window when you try it. Try the addon with that feature turned off.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-01-05, 09:52)rob_webset Wrote: I noticed that VideoExtras can some-times not return the the correct screen when exiting the detailed list (It some-times reloads the list) - committed a fix under:

http://code.google.com/p/robwebset/sourc...n176&r=176

Thanks

Rob

Thank you Rob for that extra polish :-)
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
I've already tried. But then, only a window "No extras found".
Since then I have turned Database Support, comes this window. If I switch it off, then nothing happens. Although Detailed List screen is off.
Do you actually have any content in the extras folder for the title you are viewing. It sounds like you don't.
Hi,

I've got VideoExtras working with Transparency!.

I've made 2 versions.

Version1

Transparency! already has an extras button that deals with extrafanart, discart etc. I've piggybacked on this and added an Extras option to the top of the menu. So you need to click extras and then extras again.

You only need to change custom_DialogExtras.xml http://pastebin.com/xHgMr10h

Version2

I gave VideoExtras it's own button, which I've labelled "Bonus", as Extras is already in use.

You need to change DialogVideoInfo.xml http://pastebin.com/81H9nV61

For both of these you need to switch the "Detailed List Screen" off

Re: wiki 8.3 Note To Skinners (Optional Feature)

I'd like to get this working.

I've tried adding
Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.videoextras)">
    XBMC.RunScript(script.videoextras,hasExtras,flag,"$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]")</onload>

to DialogVideoInfo.xml but nothing happens.

Do I need to dedicate a flag in Includes_MediaFlagsVideo.xml to it?
(2014-01-06, 08:48)squashedrex Wrote: Do you actually have any content in the extras folder for the title you are viewing. It sounds like you don't.

I had content in the folder. I also updated the library. But even that had brought nothing. It had only works after reinstalled xbmc.

It will work out now Smile
(2014-01-07, 02:09)LangerPlayer Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 08:48)squashedrex Wrote: Do you actually have any content in the extras folder for the title you are viewing. It sounds like you don't.

I had content in the folder. I also updated the library. But even that had brought nothing. It had only works after reinstalled xbmc.

It will work out now Smile

Glad you got it working.
Quote:Rob looks into his crystal ball, what can he see:

1) What version of XBMC is being used
2) What skin is being used
3) Have the hooks been applied
4) Was the wiki looked at
5) What does it say in the log file with logging for VideoExtras enabled.

No, crystal ball is still all cloudy, can't see anything in it. Zapras - did you want to provide some more information?

My guess is that (4) wasn't done - so then (3) wasn't done.

Rob
I did look at the wiki and followed what I thought was the installation steps under "1 Installing". I see now, you actually need to do other things for the add-on to work which I learned from from another post I saw here. I did assume at the time that since I was working with the default skin and latest version it was unlikely that I'd needed to config any eg. xml code, but I was wrong. The part I needed to read was under "8.2 Skin Modifications". My mistake was that I didn't read the entire wiki from top to bottom and just skimmed what I thought at the time was the important things.

"Have the hooks been applied"
At the moment I don't know what a 'hook' is as it didn't come up in a quick keyword search in the wiki. But I'm going to assume I'll figure this out eventually as I start to apply the steps in "8.2".

Sorry if this post sounded patronizing, It wasn't intended to be. From looking at screenshots and reading about what this addon can do, it sounds fantastic. I feel at the moment something like a faq on the wiki or more installation steps to reach a working addon, this would be very helpful to people installing this for the first time. If the reason is because of time needed to put these changes in, then I'm awfully sorry for my suggestions. I understand people do this for free and I don't want people to feel like they aren't appreciated.
@zapras
The skin hooks are the xml code changes outlined in 8.2. Most addons that aren't pre-installed with your skin will require something similar.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2