• 1(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
Video 

VideoExtras is an addon that allows you to list and view your DVD or Bluray extras via XBMC.

Development discussions were help in the following thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125024

For more details on how to use VideoExtras please refer to the wiki:

Add-on:VideoExtras

Donations
If you have found VideoExtras useful and would like to help support future development and bug fixes, then please feel free to make a small donation.
Photo 
Skinning Information

Not all skins support VideoExtras, for some skins you will need to update the skin manually using the information supplied on the wiki.

If skin owners would like to support VideoExtras "Out of the Box" - then that would be great - please let me know and I will list your skin as supporting Video Extras.

See the wiki for a list of supported skins:

Add-on:VideoExtras#Skin_Information
Is this supposed to work on the latest OSX Nightlies?

I get the "Extras" button in the Info-page but when I press it nothing happens.

/Niklas
(2013-11-23, 23:43)NiklasK Wrote: Is this supposed to work on the latest OSX Nightlies?

I get the "Extras" button in the Info-page but when I press it nothing happens.

/Niklas

I haven't tested OSX myself (I believe others have), but it should work in alpha 9 - supporting every nightly isn't possible - so support will be looked at when an alpha or beta is generated.

Are you using the Confluence skin with the changes listed in the wiki?

Thanks, Rob
rob_webset: I used the latest Nightly for OSX and modified the standard Confluence skin as described in the Wiki. This works so I get the "Extras" section in the Videoinfo and the pop-up screen appears. Unfortunately XBMC crashed when I try to play a file from the Extras-menu but that is hopefully some bug in the nightly only...
(2013-11-25, 22:41)NiklasK Wrote: rob_webset: I used the latest Nightly for OSX and modified the standard Confluence skin as described in the Wiki. This works so I get the "Extras" section in the Videoinfo and the pop-up screen appears. Unfortunately XBMC crashed when I try to play a file from the Extras-menu but that is hopefully some bug in the nightly only...

Maybe post a log file (Make sure you put XBMC logging AND VideoExtras logging on [Via the VideoExtras Settings])
Just pushed support for the new windows to XBMC Immersive's GitHub page.

Quick question regarding the ListItem.Icon. Where is it pulling the image from? Or more specifically, how should I set up the images in the Extras folder so that the images appear in the new list window?

Also, I liked how the addon would take you back to the info screen after closing the extras window. Any chance we could get this feature back when using the new detailed list window?
Thanks Sranshaft for the support!

I have added your skin to the list of supported skins (On the Wiki and top of this forum)

I forgot about the Icon, I have raised the following to cover this:

http://code.google.com/p/robwebset/issues/detail?id=32

I originally stopped the alternate return location because I wasn't sure for the non-dialog listing view it fitted with the XBMC way - but you are the second person to ask for this, so I have raised:

http://code.google.com/p/robwebset/issues/detail?id=33

With the custom window XML file you have provided, is normal practice to keep it with the skin (as you have it at the moment) - or should we copy it into the VideoExtras addon?

Thanks, Rob
Awesome news! I'll get on adding thumbs for all my extras for when the feature is added.

In regards to the custom windows, I'd prefer to keep it with the skin. Saves you having to push an update if there's ever a time when I need to change things. Smile

Thanks again for the excellent addon!
Hi All,

The return screen selection for the detailed list has been added under r129:

http://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=129

Feel free to give it a go and let me know if you see any problems

Thanks, Rob
Hi All,

Thumbnail/icon suport for the Detailed list screen and the Player overlay has been added to the source repository. If you wanted to take it for a test drive it is at r130

Just the single file to overwrite:

http://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn-hist...default.py

This is supported by either:

1) Having files of a given name in the extras directory
2) Referencing it in the NFO file

Please see the Wiki for better description on how to use it:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:VideoExtras

Please let me know how you get on.

Rob
(Custom fan-art hopefully coming soon!)
Good morning Rob,

Great advances in VideoExtras. My gratitude.

The return screen selection for the advanced extras list (detailed list) is working like a charm. Thanks for updating the strings.po (r129) to show the correct phrasing under configuration.

The new support for thumbs images of extras in the player overlay and the detailed extras list works, however I have some observations to share:

1) The first image thumb associated to a specific extra will persist as the perpetual icon for that extra, Trying to change that image by replacing the thumb is pointless; won't pick up the new one. If one erases the thumb from the directory, the icon disappears; however the same persistent icon will return as soon as a new thumb for that extra is place in the directory.

2) The issue on 1) does not affect the Player overlay, which shows correctly any new thumb place in the directory for that extra. So if a new thumb replaced the old one, the user will see 2 different image thumbs for the same extra: one that shows the current thumb in the extras folder (player overlay) and one that got fixed perpetually as icon the first time a thumb got associated to that extra (extras detailed list)

3) None of the the above happens if NFO are used to reference the locations of the thumbs. NFO have priority and will override whatever has persisted as extras thumb. However, the perpetual icon will soon return if the reference to the extra's image thumb is removed and an extra image file is present in the extras directory for the specific extra.

Wish List:
At the moment the extras detailed list looks much like the 'Big List' view in Confluence. The image thumbs in the list are terribly small and not quite useful as references due to how tiny they are. Would it be possible to increase their size, perhaps modifying the extras list pane to look more like the 'Media Info 2' view, for instance. Since the advanced extras list display has only one predefined view, it would be great to have a design that could reasonably satisfy the most users by being, firstly, more generous with the size of the information displayed.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Hi Jav,

I don't think there is anything I can do about the image not updating - I believe this is a case of XBMC automatically caching the image when it is first set - so when the script changes it to something else, it continues to use the cached one. It is not being cached by VideoExtras - but by XBMC - if you look in the XBMC user data directory you'll see a directory with all the cached files in it.

As for different view options - ideally it would be good to have multiple views like th enormal listings - but this is not something that I managed to get working - if some-one wants to provide the Windows XML to do this - then I'd be more than happy to include it - but I don't think it is something that I'd do myself (Too far too long to get what is there in the current Window XML file!)

Thanks

Rob

Details of a tidy up:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thu...of_an_icon
Good morning Rob,

Thanks for your reply. I will then open an issue for having multiple views in the window xml for the extras detailed for those interested in working on this feature.

Regarding the image thumbs, I know auto-cleansing of cached imaged is to be implemented in XBMC at some point, which is good news. In the meantime, would it be possible for you to include the code to force a refresh of the cached images by removing any reference to them in the file system as explained here.

Thank you Rob. Jav

Update: Guess we were both thinking on the same! ;-)
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2013-12-01, 15:54)capfuturo Wrote: Good morning Rob,

Thanks for your reply. I will then open an issue for having multiple views in the window xml for the extras detailed for those interested in working on this feature.

Hi Jav - I wouldn't bother raising an issue for it - it's not something that will get done Confused
(Maybe various skiners that support Extras will give it a go)

(2013-12-01, 15:54)capfuturo Wrote: Regarding the image thumbs, I know auto-cleansing of cached imaged is to be implemented in XBMC at some point, which is good news. In the meantime, would it be possible for you to include the code to force a refresh of the cached images by removing any reference to them in the file system as explained here.

As it's a common caching issue for all of XBMC I don't really want to polute the wiki with it - I'm trying to keep the wiki section as small as possible - no-one likes reading too much info! Big Grin
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2