• 10(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
Hi,

Please don't ignore this question, I know it may seem a bit naive, But where can I find the Extras?

I installed the newest version of xbmc,
I added video extras via program add-on.
I created a folder called "Extras" and placed it in the same directory as the movie file.
I added advancedsettings.xml in C:\Users\[name]\Application Data\XBMC\userdata

But now I'm not sure what to do?

Are the Extras visible in the Video Library? Because I can see them there.

Thanks.
(2014-01-21, 06:37)BubbaLovesTv Wrote: Hi,

Please don't ignore this question, I know it may seem a bit naive, But where can I find the Extras?

I created a folder called "Extras" and placed it in the same directory as the movie file.

Thanks.

You missed the bit where you copied the extras into the "Extras" directory. Big Grin

If there are extras available, then you should get an extras button appear on the Video Information dialog.
(You can also force this button to appear via the Addon Settings) - This is assuming you used a skin that supports VideoExtras - or updated the Skin manually (See Wiki for more information)

Rob
(2014-01-21, 08:30)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-01-21, 06:37)BubbaLovesTv Wrote: Hi,

Thanks.

You missed the bit where you copied the extras into the "Extras" directory. Big Grin

If there are extras available, then you should get an extras button appear on the Video Information dialog.
(You can also force this button to appear via the Addon Settings) - This is assuming you used a skin that supports VideoExtras - or updated the Skin manually (See Wiki for more information)

Rob

Haha - Yes I actually have videos in the Extras folder.

I am using the default skin that comes with xbmc when you download it.

I think the problem is that I'm not sure where the "Video Information dialog" can be found.

Any insight? Thanks....
Press "i" when the movie is highlighted.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-01-21, 09:05)BubbaLovesTv Wrote: I am using the default skin that comes with xbmc when you download it.

If you are using confluence then you will need to manually edit the skin to add in VideoExtras, more details on the wiki:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...nformation

Rob
(2014-01-21, 09:48)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-01-21, 09:05)BubbaLovesTv Wrote: I am using the default skin that comes with xbmc when you download it.

If you are using confluence then you will need to manually edit the skin to add in VideoExtras, more details on the wiki:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...nformation

Rob

Okay, First I thought it said - The following skins have built-in support for Video Extras, so require no user skin modifications: Confluence
And Second - Where do I find DialogVideoInfo.xml because I've been looking everywhere.

Thanks.
(2014-01-21, 10:34)BubbaLovesTv Wrote: And Second - Where do I find DialogVideoInfo.xml because I've been looking everywhere.

Have you tried doing a search in the XBMC programs directory?

I don't want to be rude, but these are the sort of things that you should be able to find yourself - if you are unable to get over the first bit of doing a search for a file that the name has been given for on your computer by doing a search on your OS, then you will not be able to safely edit that file once you have found it.

On your earlier post you put:

(2014-01-21, 06:37)BubbaLovesTv Wrote: Please don't ignore this question, I know it may seem a bit naive,

But this is the sort of question that will result in your posts being ignored by people! Huh

Rob
(2014-01-21, 11:26)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-01-21, 10:34)BubbaLovesTv Wrote: And Second - Where do I find DialogVideoInfo.xml because I've been looking everywhere.

I don't want to be rude, but these are the sort of things that you should be able to find yourself - if you are unable to get over the first bit of doing a search for a file that the name has been given for on your computer by doing a search on your OS, then you will not be able to safely edit that file once you have found it.

(2014-01-21, 06:37)BubbaLovesTv Wrote: Please don't ignore this question, I know it may seem a bit naive,

But this is the sort of question that will result in your posts being ignored by people! Huh

Rob

Yeah. that's the first thing I did. I searched my OS (Start Button / Search) for DialogVideoInfo.xml, DialogVideoInfo, Dialog, and any other variation i could think of.

I'm running XP SP3 and I just can't find it anywhere. Especially on my C drive.

I'm consider myself quite good with computers, so if it should be easy to find, then I have a bigger problem since it's not there.

Addition of Extras Duration

Hi all,

I have just committed a change that will add support for showing the "Duration" of a given video extra on the listing screen.

Thanks go to Lunatixz for allowing me to "borrow" some of his code!

The change is committed under:

http://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=231

I have only done a small test, but once everyone is happy with it, then I can publish it and let the other Skinners know of the addition so they have the chance to update their skins.

Rob
(2014-01-21, 12:37)BubbaLovesTv Wrote:
(2014-01-21, 11:26)rob_webset Wrote:

Rob

Yeah. that's the first thing I did. I searched my OS (Start Button / Search) for DialogVideoInfo.xml, DialogVideoInfo, Dialog, and any other variation i could think of.

I'm consider myself quite good with computers, so if it should be easy to find, then I have a bigger problem since it's not there.

Search for confluence. The skin is installed by default.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-01-21, 12:37)BubbaLovesTv Wrote: Yeah. that's the first thing I did. I searched my OS (Start Button / Search) for DialogVideoInfo.xml, DialogVideoInfo, Dialog, and any other variation i could think of.

It'll be in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p if using Windows XP 64-bit and C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p for the 32-bit version if you did the default installation of XBMC.
Guys, I installed over here, and nothing changed... Any idea what it may be ?
(2014-01-29, 20:32)egsenah2 Wrote: Guys, I installed over here, and nothing changed... Any idea what it may be ?
Have you followed the wiki instructions?
(2014-01-29, 20:44)nickr Wrote:
(2014-01-29, 20:32)egsenah2 Wrote: Guys, I installed over here, and nothing changed... Any idea what it may be ?

Yes, I even changed the Videoxxx.xml file on the Confluence skin folder. Don't know what to do. Must be an error of my videos ? I made an Extras folder too and had put all the extras and nothing changed...
(2014-01-29, 21:09)egsenah2 Wrote:
(2014-01-29, 20:44)nickr Wrote:

Yes, I even changed the Videoxxx.xml file on the Confluence skin folder. Don't know what to do. Must be an error of my videos ? I made an Extras folder too and had put all the extras and nothing changed...

Why don't you paste your xml file to pastebin and post a link here. Perhaps it's not edited correctly.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2