• 23(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
(2014-03-31, 08:41)rob_webset Wrote: Has anyone tried just adding the year the TV show Extras was first broadcast in brackets after the title and see if that works?

And Channing the regex so that it only has versions with directory slashes in - or just doing that on it's own might work - so try removing ...>Extras<...

Rob
Adding the release year in brackets to the tv show name works if and only if:
1) >Extras< and >extras< are removed from the advancedsettings.xml and,
2) You have local NFOs for the TV Show. For some reason in my tests the show won't get scanned to library without it (I presume this is because TVDB scraper doesn't accept years and only the exact name of the show if I remember well)

So in few words, Rob's would be another viable option if you have local NFO content. Anyone else with a 4th option?
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2014-03-31, 10:33)capfuturo Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 08:41)rob_webset Wrote: Has anyone tried just adding the year the TV show Extras was first broadcast in brackets after the title and see if that works?

And Channing the regex so that it only has versions with directory slashes in - or just doing that on it's own might work - so try removing ...>Extras<...

Rob
Adding the release year in brackets to the tv show name works if and only if:
1) >Extras< and >extras< are removed from the advancedsettings.xml and,
2) You have local NFOs for the TV Show. For some reason in my tests the show won't get scanned to library without it (I presume this is because TVDB scraper doesn't accept years and only the exact name of the show if I remember well)

So in few words, Rob's would be another viable option if you have local NFO content. Anyone else with a 4th option?

This worked for me, and I already had .nfos for everything, so I can't test if it works without .nfos.

Nice work guys, and thanks a lot!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2014-03-31, 07:31)capfuturo Wrote: Alternative procedures:
1) Involves managing the TV Show manually and removing the 'extras' string at folder level:
1.1) If you have managed the TV Show with a media manager which wrote NFO files for each season and episode of the TV Show 'Extras' (2005), then:
1.2) With a tool like 'Renamer' proceed to rename (replace) the string 'extras' by something like 'xtras' wherever it appears within the TV Show folder name and the Seasons folders.
1.3) Proceed to update the library and the NFO files will feed the right information to XBMC.
1.4) For future episodes and seasons, manage them manually fetching all the info and writing the NFOs first, then proceed to rename the string 'Extras' wherever it appears (redo 1.2) and put them in the TV Show folder and update the library.
You can also use this same basic method described by capfuturo even if you don't use a media manager. Just rename the Extras (2005) folder as described, then inside the Xtras (2005) folder create an NFO file (wiki) which contains the TVDB url for the show. This should work well with the TVDB and UMS scrapers and I believe it should be a common feature with other, just substitute the proper url.

Edit: Be sure to refresh the show after adding the tvshow.nfo file and select Use Local Info when prompted.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Hi

I wanted to display an extras flag in the movie/tvshow window; It seems that the only soluton is a background thread: and/or using the listitem.dbid with some cached data in addon_data....

I did not like the approach and want the script to be triggered each time an item changes on the list.
For this i wrote i small patch available here : 4482 (PR)

basically it adds a tag onitemchanged to any container.

one can then call the script at each item change like this :
Code:
<control type="list" id="69">
  <onitemchanged condition="[Container.Content(Movies) | Container.Content(TVShows)] +    !Skin.HasSetting(DisableVideoExtras)">XBMC.RunScript(script.videoextras,check,"$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]")</onitemchanged>
  <posx>200</posx>
there is an example here in my WIP custom mod of transparency, just choose fanart2 view : https://github.com/alexmaloteaux/transpa...sasha-xbmc

There are still some thing to imrove in the addon especially when the file do not exists; but personaly i prefer this approach

Regards
@malosasha: sounds interesting! Would it be possible for you to post an image of how it looks in XBMC whilst browsing the titles?
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
On my system, I have many thousand extras for hundreds of TV shows.

I have configured the add-on to say that my extras are in the Remote Location path "l:\extras"

The folder TVShows has a sub-folder for each TV series eg l:\extras\TVShows\Babylon 5 and l:\extras\TVShows\The Avengers etc

Within each of the TV series folders there are a number of files. I haven't created any nfo files etc for any of them so they are basically just a lot of MKV files.

Within XBMC, when I go into the information detail for a series, it does show the button for Extras but when I click on it it brings up the extras for everything all mixed together.

In other words, if I go into the detail and click on Extras from within The Avengers, it shows me jumbled together the extras for every series.

Can you tell me if I am missing a step somewhere?

Thanks
(2014-04-02, 18:05)gmc99 Wrote: On my system, I have many thousand extras for hundreds of TV shows.

I have configured the add-on to say that my extras are in the Remote Location path "l:\extras"

The folder TVShows has a sub-folder for each TV series eg l:\extras\TVShows\Babylon 5 and l:\extras\TVShows\The Avengers etc

Within each of the TV series folders there are a number of files. I haven't created any nfo files etc for any of them so they are basically just a lot of MKV files.

Within XBMC, when I go into the information detail for a series, it does show the button for Extras but when I click on it it brings up the extras for everything all mixed together.

In other words, if I go into the detail and click on Extras from within The Avengers, it shows me jumbled together the extras for every series.

Thanks

I believe the path should be I:\TvShows\Babylon 5\yourextras
No "extras" folder.
Here is the wiki article- http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...e_Location
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-04-01, 13:43)capfuturo Wrote: @malosasha: sounds interesting! Would it be possible for you to post an image of how it looks in XBMC whilst browsing the titles?

here is 2 screenshot; without and with extras; in the bottom mediaflag panel, the extras flag will change automatically each time a new item is selected.

http://imgur.com/MntWSHx
http://imgur.com/YNZq137
(2014-04-02, 19:17)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-04-02, 18:05)gmc99 Wrote: On my system, I have many thousand extras for hundreds of TV shows.

Thanks

I believe the path should be I:\TvShows\Babylon 5\yourextras
No "extras" folder.
Here is the wiki article- http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...e_Location

Sorry but I thought that was what I was doing.

I have configured the Remote Setting location to be "L:\Extras" ie that is the starting point

The software then expects the tv show extras in sub directories of TVShows

Below that you have "Babylon 5" and within that the extras for Babylon 5 thus the path is L:\Extras\TVShows\Babylon 5\my files etc

Are you saying that the remote location can only be "L:" i.e. the root level and can't start at a sub-folder level ie "L:\Extras" ?

In case it was the fact I was calling the folder "Extras", I did rename it to "Ext" and it made no difference.

I must admit I haven't tried that option yet but will give it a try.
I changed the Remote Setting to be "L:\" and moved the TVShows folder to the root of L:

The path is now L:\TVShows\Babylon 5\, L:\TVShows\The Avengers\ etc

If I do the "i" on a series, it is still showing all extras for all series in a jumbled order.
(2014-04-02, 20:11)gmc99 Wrote: I changed the Remote Setting to be "L:\" and moved the TVShows folder to the root of L:

The path is now L:\TVShows\Babylon 5\, L:\TVShows\The Avengers\ etc

If I do the "i" on a series, it is still showing all extras for all series in a jumbled order.

Just to confirm, your tv shows also follow the same file structure? IE I:\TvShows\Babylon 5\ or something similar. If you use Season folders for the tv shows you may need to include that in the file path for the extras also.

Edit: If everything is working properly then all the extras in extras\Tv Shows\Babylon 5 will be displayed with all the videos in Tv Shows\Babylon 5. In your OP you stated that each folder contained a bunch of files, is there just one tv show per folder?
The path for Babylon 5 is:

.....\TV\Babylon 5\Season 00
.....\TV\Babylon 5\Season 01
.....\TV\Babylon 5\Season 02 etc

I will do an experiment containing just a couple of series and report back what it does
Using two different series as there are fewer files.

TV Episodes:

..TV\A Touch of Cloth\Season 01
..TV\A Touch of Cloth\Season 02
..TV\Bones\Season 00
..TV\Bones\Season 01
..TV\Bones\Season 02

Extras

L:\TVShows\A Touch of Cloth\Season 02 (contains 1 file)
L:\TVShows\Bones\Season 02 (contains 3 files)

If I press the i button on either series it shows me all 4 specials (ie the 3 for Bones and 1 for A Touch of Cloth)

[/quote]

Just to confirm, your tv shows also follow the same file structure? IE I:\TvShows\Babylon 5\ or something similar. If you use Season folders for the tv shows you may need to include that in the file path for the extras also.

Edit: If everything is working properly then all the extras in extras\Tv Shows\Babylon 5 will be displayed with all the videos in Tv Shows\Babylon 5. In your OP you stated that each folder contained a bunch of files, is there just one tv show per folder?
[/quote]

To answer the question in the edit.

The Babylon 5 extras folder would contain all the files just for Babylon 5. There are about 20 of them.

Each series has a separate folder. The folder name matches the name of the series and is exactly the same as the folder containing the TV series itself.
You said: If everything is working properly then all the extras in extras\Tv Shows\Babylon 5 will be displayed with all the videos in Tv Shows\Babylon 5

The only extras I get displayed are via the "i" button. They do not appear within the list of episodes for the particular series.

Of more interest though is that if I press the i button and select Extras on ANY series I get the same 4 files displayed so it seems it is not recognising the series at all.
(2014-04-02, 20:54)gmc99 Wrote: You said: If everything is working properly then all the extras in extras\Tv Shows\Babylon 5 will be displayed with all the videos in Tv Shows\Babylon 5

The only extras I get displayed are via the "i" button. They do not appear within the list of episodes for the particular series.

Of more interest though is that if I press the i button and select Extras on ANY series I get the same 4 files displayed so it seems it is not recognising the series at all.

Yes. The extra button is displayed in the info window. What is the location of the 4 files displayed? Perhaps that will give a clue to the problem.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2